Ping timeouts

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> keep getting ping timeout messages that lock up for ages

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> All high ping players

Server? (EU or NA)
=> Both

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> all the time. Not continuously, but every few minutes.

On which Playfield?
=> any playfield with traffic

Structure Name(s)?
=>

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> can you change message to a warning in top right and not kill all control?

those quit messages are hard coded into the game and HWS has no control over how they appear on screen :frowning:

Could Admin please respond? I would like a more authoritive answer please.

apologies but it is actually hard coded in the game and not an HWS feature. the correct place to request this would be with the developers at eleon studios

is the actual figure (350ms) changeable?

you should read this

as far i know, here on HWS it is already set higher as the normal default of 300ms, meaning almost every other server would kick you out already at 300ms

so if you have such terrible connection, either find a way to get your connection better or find a server that is somewhere near you so you don’t have such high ping

there is a selection for ping higher than 300 ms in the server selection list so it should be acceptable. Also I will gladly move to a HWS server when he puts one down in the southern hemisphere. So far despite all the bleatings to the contrary HWS is still the best PVP server and also the best for non pvp content. Maybe the old EU server can be sent south and be used down here? I have noticed that my ping on the server selection window is around 250ms, however as soon as I am in game it is around 290ms. Around 10pm my time it goes up to 350+ ms. and there are not many players on. A rumour is that a test server is kicked off on that hardware at about that time. However even during normal US daytimes the ping will skyrocket when in mild use playfields seemingly for no apparent reason.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.