POI not showing on map with HUD display on

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:

There is a small Talon village that does not show up on the map even with POI toggled on in HUD. The village is just inside the Talon controlled territory to my West in this screenshot.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/993513973458769248/57B2C6324C8C827E22BEB7C70CF01DB567CC8396/

Player(s) with issue:

Franklin

Server:

NA

Time (cb:time):

2PM Eastern 3/21/2019

Playfield:

FL HQ

Structure Name(s):

Structure ID(s):

How can we help you now:

I am just pointing this out in case this is not intentional.

Hello @Franklin

that is “intentional” - a new feature with Alpha 9. Motivating more the “visual” discovery than the easy “rader discovery”.

Ok thanks for the quick response Rex. I really like this as players who are motivated to look around have a higher probability of finding untouched loot!
One issue I had is when entering the Talon village I opened a container (bad idea) and lost reputation with Talon such that I could not talk to their leader. I need more rep to be able to have a conversation. Is there any way I can get more Talon reputation aside from the 10 missions or killing opposing faction members?

Dr. Dark just provided some info to me. It looks like the only ‘Active’ method of increasing Talon Rep is killing Zirax and by killing predators in Talon territory.

Or as I said do our HWS PDA Missions

Problem I with this feature is that PoIs didn’t get marked on map even if we are 1 meter next to them so if we want to save their location we have to do this manually and this is a bit annoying.

Hm yeah, there seems to be a trade off.
Some like it, some not.

In Alpha 10 we have even more functions to push the “visual” discovery.

The main issue here is an Eleon problem, as far as I’m concerned.
The game should treat these POI’s as regular markers once we’ve gotten close enough to discover them. That way they are visible on the map once we’ve physically found them.

We can add waypoints ourselves, but the hud gets cluttered really fast from doing that.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.