Possible character data corruption?

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> My factory is borked. I can push a bp into the factory as normal and begin filling it. But at some point the bottom of the list will change from the valid components of the blueprint to a list of different components (on one BP even an item I don’t think is a legal block). Anything that had been placed into the factory into the components which change is lost. I have lost not cheap components twice already.

I can sometimes get the bp to fix itself logging out shutting down steam and restarting, but that does not fix the problem 100% of the time, and even when it fixes itself the components affected are still gone.

I have done the standard troubleshooting:: steam verify, uninstall, wipe all stored bps and unsubscribe from all in workshop. I started new bps today and still encountered the problem.

I am wondering if this is possibly related to an open ticket regarding survival bonuses apparently applying to RE EU instead of RE NA character. RE NA character survival bonus not being applied

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> zyranz

Server? (EU or NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> multiple time yesterday… most recently at around 5:30am on the 16th

On which Playfield?
=> MEXUR 11917 I Sector

Structure Name(s)?
=> n/a

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> n/a

How can we help you now?
=> Main thing I’d like to see done is help me find the problem and solve it so I can continue to build and play.

Screenshot of bottom of factory list: These used to be superconductors/reactor core/etc.

Here is what the bottom of the bp is supposed to look like… you can just see at the top of the first screenshot that the number of heat exchangers also increased from 132 to 200.

Sorry to hear. Sounds bad.

I assume this means you or Steam also deleted the Shared Data folder.
Keep in mind that any blueprint you had in the BP Factory are corrupt then.

I can’t say what exactly is going wrong for you but I suggest:

1. You set all private structures you have to your faction
  2. You put all your items you have in your inventory into a box
  3. You do a cb:reset and after getting kicked, you close the game and delete your whole Cache folder
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
  4. You login again to HWS RE NA and let me know, so I can give you back the player balance credits you had. I’ll warp you then also to your base you were at and I can give you the 500k XP and 5800 UP you currently have.

Sorry, I JUST saw this. I’ll keep an eye on this. Let me know when you are available, or just message me on discord.

So you are ready for cb:reset?

setting faction and emptying inventory… give me 3m and I’ll be ready

resetting now.

Cache nuked. Just got back into game. I didn’t even think to ask before… will this reset my nav data and engineer level too? Can that be restored?

Ok, gave you credits, xp and up back.
Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

Yes, everything related to Dialogues and PDA are nuked too.

Unfortunately not, since Dialogues variables are stored in the DB and it can cause corruption to fiddle in it.

Can I get a lift back to my base/gear? RE: Nav/engineer… I can redo the engineering stuff, that doesn’t take but well a couple hours… but can I get 50 nav data? I don’t mind the expense of redoing it, but that is a major slog time wise.

don’t know exactly where you want to get teleported to.

That location works fine!

ok, that’s doable. Didn’t check before how many you had.

1 Like

I was one level shy of max engineer + 50 nav… 328 warp baby!

Thanks Rex! Hopefully this will resolve the other problem as well. Will comment there about that ticket.

Np and thanks. Would be interesting if it fixed it.
No clue though what went wrong here :frowning:

1 Like

I have a couple ships to tear down/rebuild - I’ll know one way or another within a day depending on how quickly I get after it :slight_smile: I’ll update this when I know more.

1 Like

have u been hopping between servers/save game files without restarting the game? that could cause some serious corruptions…

I have gone from RE NA to local RE creative and back. Do you think that might corrupt the factory?

I have built a ship and a base from the factory today - while going to creative and back multiple times, but no sign of any problems. I think this issue is resolved.