Possible new donation option / Community feedback: Admin Core Hideout

Also, orbit environment must be reasonable (rads and temp) to accommodate those who need to eva / build / repair vessels.

A post was merged into an existing topic: HWS 6 | Big changes coming! Update!

Natural environment - our small faction is very minimalistic on base building. Lots of open space maintained for the pickable essentials.

love the creativity here.

One caution is that the more complex we get the more bug prone we have the options to be. Some of those mechanics seem tricky - but im not the coder. :smiley:

For example, Its a MFer to merge structures on a sever - It takes a lot of moving and trying and destroying to get it right. So “modularizing” isnt a feature that empyrion supports well just yet.

I do like the idea of stations with specific features that focus on a bonus and nerf the others.

Oribal farms would focus on food storage and productions, no repair bays, normal storage, minimal constructors, etc

Repair/Salvage stations could have medium of storage, repair bays, etc, no food plots, no food processing

Factory stations could have lots of constructors, lots of storage, etc., no repair bay, no food.

We would have to work out how the multiple purchase thing works within factions. It may not work to have 30 stations in one sector for one big faction with no room for others – but we could work through all that as we mature the idea some more.

1 Like

you can do modular :stuck_out_tongue: but it would have to be done the hard way by having 10-12 versions of the same structure with different configurations so if you wanted to upgrade you would destroy the whole thing rebuild and move the cargo across :smiley:

Yeah. That would be a pain in the ass… especially for a “Cargo base” lol. Can you imagine moveing 400k items to a new base because you wanted to add a bunk for your new squaddie?

1 Like

Price suggestion: 40euro.
I think this is a good price point for what you get, plus some factions would be prone to buying more than 1 to use as different purposes, especially if you add in different types of stations and different playfields around the universe.
I could also see some people buying a personal station for this amount.

Location, bases, orbit would need to be clearly marked to avoid inadvertantly flying into super turret range, or trying to attack an indestructible player/faction location.

Heh that would be up to the factions to plan better thou :stuck_out_tongue: and leave some empty space for future expansion, ahh wait I see what you mean now lol…

@RexXxuS ok it may be because I’m new to game but I still don’t see why this is different from penthouse. I say, instead of the penthouse, allow people to “rent” a piece of land on a PVE planet and then can build their own designs there. Increase the price of the donation and make it such that the larger your piece of land the more you pay. This is in no way pay to win, not overpowered (no diff than having your planet, you reduce lag from having 14 donator planets. In terms of suggested price, you had 10 for penthouse (predesigend, small) and 99 for a whole planet. Like I said you can charge here per “square feet of land” so players can choose but you can enforce certain limitations. So pricing would be 10 (minimum and smallest size) to 99 (max size of land).
I think two planets should really accommodate everyone, but I might be mistaken. You can also have one planet close to market and this one would be more expensive.

Again I’m new to game :slight_smile: so I know I may be missing something obvious here

Sorry i am against the idea, i need lots of room for scrapping, and I’m too cheap to level EGS recycle if it is going to be wiped back every season.

1 Like

I’m still leaning toward Ranzeth’s idea of allowing the donator to build their own base or base complexes.
A donator Space station that replaces a donator planet should compensate the owner appropriately.
All the station suggestions as separate stations can be accomplished on one planet. Not many planet owners
will line up for that deal. Considering they also lose a resource as well as a POI.

Rex hinted that a class 10 station might be an option. Would it be as simple as players creating the
Space station and providing admins with the BP. These could be spawned in by Admins and
inspected to ensure they followed HWS rules for donor station submissions.

Size Class X - Allows for construction of bases actually large enough to house fleets of CVs as well as provide
for the needs of a large Faction. Ore processing, Garden, Manufacturing, Scrapping and other amenities.

Placing a few of these in origin space would bring life to those systems. Pirate factions occupying Pirate space,
Traders occupying trader space and so forth. If no station slots are available in your desired space perhaps a
separate location…?

The price would remain the same as a donator planet. A donor planet is a sign of commitment to the server
these space stations should be as well. To compensate for the loss of resources perhaps asteroid fields
(I.E. black hole) could be the answer.

Donor planets have little to no resource’s offer no pvp and you have to travel far from everywhere else to get there, PvP located stations put you in the middle of the action with a safe haven where if you wanted to shoot someone you don’t have to travel far but yea a large rich meteor field located a few km’s out side these stations would promote living there and pvp close to but not right near these locations, to me personally these stations benefits out-way that of a planet any day.

Also the added benefit is in no way could it be considered pay to win :stuck_out_tongue: as any if at all resources would be available to anyone/everyone near by instead of only the people living there.

1 Like

So you want a station close to pvp planets where people live which is admin cored such that you’re super safe there and can retreat in 2 secs if someone is on you, where no one can destroy the station but can get destroyed by it, and also a field of roids next to you to farm resources?

Want me to give you a back massage too while playing? I mean this sounds like heaven so let’s keep going haha sign me up please!

2 Likes

it can be balanced by adding distance like 10km to planet and 5km away from resources, that way people can camp the resources, it wont be safe it will be pvp hot spots lots of heavy pvp factions will be rotating around these area’s making them super dangerous, and good luck retreating 5km while getting shot you wont make it.

People will have to form alliances and build destructible cored space stations with defences around those asteroid fields in-order to protect them and give a chance for miners to get clear, can you imagen how much pvp this would generate.

I already see SWP making a super strong hold around asteroid fields and charging people rent to mine there XD lols.

2 Likes

Like crafting?

I’m very much interested in this. Unfortunately not being able to customize is a bit of a deterrent.

Rex, no reason to donate.
You will change rules in middle of August, when will find new ideas, and donators will not receive full benefit what are you talking about, and havent rights to claim back their donation. Right ? :slight_smile:

• Admin cored structure means we can’t edit it. Same problem as penthouses.
  • We can’t repair/modify our own ships near it due to game limitations (admin cores prevents us). Same problem as penthouses really.
  • I don’t like premade stations. I only like ones that you can design for yourself. I mean some people prefer gardens, others prefer a 100 constructors, others prefer pretty designs while others again just prefer effective designs.
  • For PVP space you need big hangars.
  • Yes you may need a BP-class like 7 to 10 for PVP ones. But… performance… Especially when placed in PVP zones/orbit it will just drain performance and for what? To get unfair advantages?

I assume we can’t place stations like that in PVP space like MOBA (would be VERY op to have such a structure for real money there). I assume it has turrets as well.

Personally I’m not interested in it. Mostly because:

• We can’t design our own stations
  • We can’t modify/repair our own ships near it.
  • If it costs a lot of admin time to setup, then it must be expensive. Period. But I see zero purpose for it in PVE fields.

@Mordgier
NO, these stations should in NO WAY give advantages like +salvage, +interest, +etc. Not for real money! Free power & O2 is okay.

To be honest, the only reason for me to want this, is if it would be size class 10, in a useable PVP orbit so I can use the imbalance to the max. Otherwise I see no point to the whole idea.

I really would prefer not to add such extra options that consume admin time unless HWS is running out of money for some reason.

4 Likes

This will 100% be the biggest roadblock for donations. I absolutely hate this feature they implemented as it is far reaching and Eleon didn’t even consider the impact it would have. I reported the resulting problems as bugs but my posting will likely be ignored (and indeed was) because multiplayer.

3 Likes

okay for a big faction this may have all the faction to live off there cv’s and there for will end up having for example 20 cv’s nr the base and that dose not inc there battled cv’s

2 Likes