Possible new donation option / Community feedback: Admin Core Hideout

Hey @everyone,

now recently because of the coming wipe / server change an “old” / new idea came up:

replacing donator planets or offer admin core structures for a faction / person to donate for in space.

This is actually an idea I had for couple of months but wasn’t sure how exactly this should / might work. As you might saw we have a quite similar system implemented with the HWS Bunkers you can rent for 25 million ingame credits.

An admin core structure means a local OCD, so it is very powerful.

However we have now more options however so the details might be:

• as I once implemented for Hops in season 5 there can be a big platform Space Base / Station in the space
  • it is set to your faction and you can’t change that base in any way except coloring
  • you have access to components which are set to lock code 0000 (public) or a special one you need to keep it a secret
  • the structure does not consume fuel or o2. You only have to take care to fill the ammo boxes because
  • around that station we have either the option to implement a circle of deadly / modified rocket turrets or you have to take care about the defense system
  • it would be per season of course
  • only in Space available - PvE or PvP
  • max. Class 10?
  • max. 3 per space playfield
  • donation price - don’t know yet - suggestions?

So since you can imagine that this is a huge work for admins to setup and configure we would need help from you.

It would be cool if we make a building contest and the best three Admin Space Station would then be a dropdown option on the donation page.

Maybe each of them has its purpose like:

• ship parking
  • Combat hotel
  • Cargo hoarder

Let’s discuss here, feel free.

Your HWS Team

5 Likes

@RexXxuS
Would swapping a donor planet out for a special Admin cored Space Station be helpful?
If enough of us Planet owners agree to swap out it might ease load. Place us all in one big playfield.

@everyone else
How the 1s and 0s add up isn’t my thing but I’m sure you super savvy pc gurus would know if this is possible.

If this is a possibility I would be the first to offer up my donor for an admin cored class? station.

Of course after I finally break down buy a Rhia for mining we get a wipe notice.

How is admin cored space station different from the penthouse option they added?

These stations would be replacing a Donor planet which require an entire playfield. These
could be placed in faction origin space. In the case of Op4 we would choose pirate although
guardian is an option for us as well. would need someone savvy with how playfields and such
works to chime in to say if this is even possible. Then perhaps a separate thread to hash out ideas.

4 Likes

How so? Better than pve restricted?

I dont want something someone else created for me. Will never be suitable.

Who buys a house - and never paints or otherwise makes improvements to suit their operating style?

1 Like

Landing some of our ships on a planet is a nightmare.

Heh What if the dev’s make a device that only admins could place and it’s a beacon that makes a 2km radius sphere of pve space inside pvp :stuck_out_tongue: then the admins could sell us this little area of pve space where we could build our own space station in and any ships docked outside would be safe from fire, since guns only shoot 1km from the edge of pvp space that would give us 1km radius in the centre to build and park in, which should be plenty.

2 Likes

And - how many are now having buyers remorse because they cant change or add anything?

My opinion as one who donated the full amount for this seasons donator planet, I will accept no substitute.

Others may, and I respect their reasons and willingness to do so.

Thank you for respecting mine to not be.

My Space Station swap for a donor as I stated would be voluntary.

The difference is a player Space base can be smashed in a matter of minutes. An admin
cored base would be invulnerable as long as the players who own it kept the power on
and ammo stocked.

I agree with Ranzeth that each Planet owner should be able to design their own base,
then have the admins approve it. I would also add these bases should be allowed a higher
class size to accommodate CV storage and multiple players living there. If higher BA class isn’t
possible then perhaps letting us string together a couple bases?

Rather than be an end to donation I feel this would increase them. If this lowers the amount of
playfields then more stations can be sold by admins than planets currently available which if
I understand correctly is too many for server to handle. I could be wrong however.

1 Like

As an additional option, without taking anything away - I concur and consider it a good idea.

1 Like

I really like the idea of a “donor station” playfield actually and think it could work. We would need to limit them pretty severely as some donor planets have insane amounts of stuff on them (like 1.4M triangles for one planet) maybe an exclusive sector with 5 or 6 of these, and a CV restriction of say 5-7 CVs per faction.

That would be a pretty cool space hidey hole for folks!

As for design, it’s hard to just put pols designs in as you have to check them for cheats and exploits and that they have everything need to survive in space etc.

What if we had like 3 models and had you guys design them (could vote on top 3) and then you pick the one you want? Could even contest the base creation process.

Ps not saying this will happen, but fertilizing the idea.

1 Like

IF the station idea kicks off, it needs to be a PvE playfield.
Otherwise you’re just gonna have people camping, and you’ll never get to see your own station.

I like the idea and yes would need to be PVE playfield. I like the idea of different models. But I would expect these to be a lot cheaper than a whole planet. The storage space would have to be massive as well.

I have a feeling if its cheaper than a whole planet a lot more people would be getting them especially if they are safe from camping, and maybe people who have bought entire planets would trade their planet in for 2 seasons of a admin cored station.

They have to be cheaper. You cannot charge same amount for 1 tenth of the size of a planet

Yea but at the same time, the amount of space on a planet is super overkill, how many people will actually use all that space unless they spam random crap everywhere and lag the server xD

1 Like

Everyone on a planet tends to build a private base for themselves. Where as a space base will be shared. For a crew of 15 etc would cover over half a planet easy.

2 Likes

Yea i see your point to have 1 space base big enough to house 15 people and each person’s personal CV you would need 1 mother of a space station…

1 Like

Really all that is critical is grow plots, lots of storage and lots of constructors and a repair block that is on a long rod making it easy to use with any size ship.

If you go with the 3 models, maybe picking each model could give the owning faction a small bonus? Or maybe have a variety of options to allow multiple faction stations?

For example:

Factory Station - Lots of storage and Lots of constructors and furnaces.

Repair Yard - Some storage, some constructors - multiple repair arms.

Orbital Farm - Lots of grow plots, fridges, food processors.

Salvage Yard - Gives bonus to HWS salvaging.

Financial Hub - Gives 1% bonus to interest in owning faction.

Mining Station - Gives an extra level of AM for the specified resource to a faction.

Give a limit to number of stations a faction can control as well.

4 Likes

Or have those as modular so you can buy and add which ones you want and for am maybe makes fuel last twice as long or something to make the other ores worth getting, but yea really cool idea, i would also add housing section’s for a compartment for each individual member of a faction to have their own personal space and have separate ones for increments of 1,2,5,10 and then use a mix of those to suit the size of the faction.

1 Like