Pre-5.0 announcement

Hey @everyone,

in addition to Achilles post it is also time to announce some things which will be changed in 5.0.

RP to Credits

Since we refactor the whole RP feature it is needed to make a clear cut here. But in terms of just wiping them we will have following kind of script as soon as 5.0 hits the day:

1. For every RP you have you will get 7000 credits transfered. So everyone, also the donator, will start with 0 RP in 5.0
  2. only the RP you got actively will be taken into consideration for the script. We can see who just farmed RP passively, these won’t be transfered

AMD

Since the Experimental is out I can spoiler: with the AMD change we also need take care of this rework on our side. So everyone who has AutoMiner in their OCD will lose it to keep the balance in 5.0!

Donation changes

There will be a bigger surprise regarding HWS but for now I can announce:

1. the donator planet price will be set to 300 dollar. This was mend and should be the way of a true big support. I thought 170 were crazy enough but I failed. But we still have the “No-Pay-to-Win” philosophy in first mind so even then these planets won’t give overpowered options but still a bit more freedom than in 4.0. (You can park CVs there, Dynamic Tax system for example)

2. NPC Trader will now be in one big shopping mall. Nicely shown every NPC Trader with LCDs you can set your informations there. This helps your customers and make the life overall more easier.
    The prices of the package will be calculated from the Eleon Marketplace in first place. If the provided item is not in the marketplace it will be set by us from seeing the value of it.
    Since it becomes more important in 5.0 the prices will never be cheaper than in the Marketplace (except some special events)

3. Trading Ships will then be a bit separated. Since the most of the players just build their own ships or lazy clicky picky workshop blueprints it will now only be available for people who got NPC Traders.
    For selling ships they can still build custom bases / selling hangar CVs whereever they want. To reduce the lot time I needed for the NPC Traders in general it is needed to send me the coordinates for the zones. An explanation for that will be provided then.

Limitations

The flow of 5.0 and providing best performance for everyone will be following:

1. Blueprint Class limit set to 3 (250-500 devices)
  2. Block limit set to 20.000
  3. Turret limit still activated
  4. In the whole universe, everywhere, a 3 BA Core limit per player
  5. Only 1 CV per player on PvE planets are allowed then

And regarding rules etc. as Achilles said we will simplify a lot (what does not mean Anarchy will exist).
5.0 for Empyrion and HWS is the biggest patch in history so yeah… we hope you will have nice holidays!

Your HWS Team

3 Likes

This…might be my biggest unhappy point :-\

What about the people who already own planets?

We are just thinking of performance, if we could we would love to say no limit :slight_smile:[quote=“mcprouty, post:4, topic:2689”]
What about the people who already own planets?
[/quote]

they purchased at the price they bought so this only applies to new purchases. Rex never expected they would be so popular and as only a limited number can exist we want to ensure hopefully some stick around for a while :slight_smile:

[quote=“RexXxuS, post:1, topic:2689”]
NPC Trader will now be in one big shopping mall. Nicely shown every NPC Trader with LCDs you can set your informations there. This helps your customers and make the life overall more easier.
[/quote]Aw but I make more sales now because my shop is right in front of the warp points while some others are hidden far away and can only be found by flying on coordinates… Balance is bad for my wallet :wink: .
No seriously this was a requested and needed a change, good job!

Selling ships is indeed worthless for the reasons you mentioned. And even if I would sell a Tier 1 top of the line pvp ship there, the noobs wouldn’t even recognize it as a good ship and the pro’s already fly those.

When they start using Eleon prices the only advantage is the 10% fee. But that is only for the seller… I mean we needed this balance but this might make it worthless (and can still be abused btw unless there are more changes). I guess we shall wait and find out.

NPC Trader will now be in one big shopping mall. Nicely shown every NPC Trader with LCDs you can set your informations there. This helps your customers and make the life overall more easier.
[/quote]Can I have the center ones or the spots near the entrance? :stuck_out_tongue: Or is it circular and fair?

The prices of the package will be calculated from the Eleon Marketplace in first place.
[/quote]Done by an automatic script? If so, are we allowed to screw the marketprices over night by putting a lot of dummy orders on it to decrease their value like every MMO does? I sense more rules incoming :wink:

Obviously instead of spamming BA’s, we will spam mini CV cubes with max turrets in PVP orbits now. Okay I will just shut up right here ^^. There will always be cheese tactics. I’m interested to seeing how they handle the new simplyfied ruleset. But I’m just illustrating what players will do next otherwise (even though I don’t know how 5.0 will look like). And if I don’t join them, I will be at a disadvantage so obviously I must also jump on the cheese-train.

bad.

bad.

ok.

P.S.: We need patchnote of 5.0 from devs, for understanding…

Well if the NPC packages isnt supposed to be cheeper then marketplace why do we have them ?
I am all for changing the NPC trader deal but having them to be the same to market just makes them useless. There is no reason to travel to a marketplace when you just can buy everything on the market instead.

And sorry. I am good with all the other changes ofc :slight_smile:
Good job.

1 Like

I like the fact that there will be BA restrictions. This is a step in the right direction.
Sure there will be large factions still spamming towers on resource planets, but there is a limit at least.

The 20k block limit will be interesting to work around, looking forward to that :slight_smile:

I will most likely donate the difference between 170 Euro and 300 dollar … not because i have to, but because i want to.

1 Like

Hi all, it is my first post here :smile: )

1. 300usd per planet - good idea. Can you make requirements, that faction must be of 10 people as minimum ?

2. NPC unified shop - good idea. May be to motivate other people to use it, increase on marketplace market fee from 10% up-to 25% ? For example: for trader faction - 10%, for alliance 15%, for pirates and hunters - 25%. Is it possible for you ?

3. “Trading ships market” can be motivated if Seller will receive not only money, also a RP points for each sell, if Buyer not from same faction. So Sellers will reduce prices and make more advertisement, and people will use it. Now trading ships is dead (((

4. Limitation for CV is good (for blocks and for devices) ! May be decrease to 250 devices and 10000 blocks ? ))) Can you make limitation for SV also ?

More ideas:

• limitation of crystals spawn - only on 2 moons, from east and west at starter moon only, no any crystals on other surfaces (moons and planets), crystal and gold autominers must be more expensive
  • zascosium ore can not be as deposit and meteorite anymore, only in POIs, alien planet must be wiped everyday and must be PVP area. Alien POIs can be upgraded and more complex for people.
  • make a balance where 80% are pvp area, and 20% is pve area.
  • motivation for people for interaction: for example people who live on PVP planets must have more bonuses than people who live on PVP space. People who live in PVE conditions, shouldn’t have any bonuses (RP and credits).
  • additional bonus for creating and managing big factions - RP, credits, etc.
  • BA shoot range on planets with high gravity must be longer than CV, SV, HV range
  • if you have NPC trader, you should create storage and fill with all types of resoruces, for support of 25 possible deals, i mean you cant sell package, if you dont have “recource pledge” (the idea to stop using “creative infinite instrument” for real market)

Good luck !

@zappe21
I know but I’ll just shut up because I don’t know enough about 5.0. But so far I already saw several red warning signs regarding likely abuse/imbalances already. But if I type it all here admins will be like “oh just negative posts” I fear + it may not even be true because we don’t have all info. So we should just wait and find out if 5.0 is better or worse than 4.x (both game and rules).

[quote=“NikolaTesla, post:11, topic:2689”]
“Trading ships market” can be motivated if Seller will receive not only money, also a RP points for each sell, if Buyer not from same faction. So Sellers will reduce prices and make more advertisement, and people will use it. Now trading ships is dead (((
[/quote]Please no, HORRIBLE idea. Obvious abuse incoming if you do.

[quote=“NikolaTesla, post:11, topic:2689”]
Can you make limitation for SV also ?
[/quote]Shhhhhh :wink:

2 weeks ago I placed to market big CV Imperium with market price of 200k, just for 50k credits.
No one bought it. Can admin provide info, how many ships was sold since 4.0 ? it will be answer this market is live or dead.

Ships market will be interesting only in case, if Sellers will sell unified “famous” models of SV and CV with reduced price, with compensation by RP points. why not ? :slight_smile:

[quote=“NikolaTesla, post:13, topic:2689”]
Ships market will be interesting only in case, if Sellers will sell unified “famous” models of SV and CV with reduced price, with compensation by RP points. why not ? :slight_smile:
[/quote]Here is why not: I will sell SV ships with 17 blocks in size for 1 credit to friends in other factions and vice versa. GG.

With every feature you must always ask yourself first: “How can I possible abuse this?”. It may sound evil/dark/negative but you must do this for every feature because I guarantee that with a few hundred random players, someone will start doing it. And then soon everybody jumps on it as well (have too). This way you may prevent it.

1 Like

Good point.
Im thinking, how to movitate people to use HWS Market or HWS ShipsTrade, on daily basis,
and we know that people like admins know how to balance it )))

I thought I remembered yall saying that block numbers did not affect performance nearly as much as multiple cores, and devices (in the original tax up discussion). Is this no longer the case? I am thinking mostly of situations where a flagship of our fleet holds the most of our stores and production. Ours sits at about 32k blocks I believe, and have never had a performance hit rendering it. I have been working the last few weeks to get the device count down below 500, and I should be able to, but if the blocks alone are a disqualification, we will have to field Atleast two or three other ships to fill that same role. And that kind of goes against our goal of keeping cores to a low number, if I am being honest.

Do you have any idea how many people already do not bring enough blue crystal, and get stranded in systems like neopolis where they have no way to get back underway? Lets not up that number please.

1 Like

Stranded people have another supply from:

• crystal autominer
  • marketplace
  • hand of friends via marketplace or direct flight

This situation will help for:

• raise and inflate crystals price, and make market more active
  • help newcomers to earn more money from simple product
  • help to have more crystals from NPC traders
  • make these two moons are “bloody” moons (real active pvp area) :smiling_imp:

I have a suggestion to turn off the AM all. This will reduce the load on the server. Gold is so and so comes as a bonus for the RP, and the crystals score is not a problem.

1 Like

By and large, those that get stranded by crystal deprivation are the noobs who just jumped for the first time. They have none of the three sources you just mentioned. I dont think inflating crystal prices is going to be helpful when one person can only put up sell orders for a maximum of 100 blue crystals or 50 pentaxid at any given time using in game market. And since they cant warp, they wont be able to get to the marketplace to buy it from that market. Just saying. if you want to make something more rare, and get people moving, do promethium. That will make it more expensive at the same time to operate incredibly large ships.

2 Likes

The load on the server from a basic counter is nearly non existant. You would be saving maybe a few hundred calculations once every hour. That is a few milliseconds for a server, and no performance drain for users.

It is just in case of 40% warp flights, when you forget to have more crystals
Before warp flight noobs will understand how many crystals they need to have to make first warp (more than 1-10 crystals as on default servers, and they will realize), and they are need to collect some crystals. 80% of noobs will decided to sell some to market, and will earn first money quickly.

In case, if noobs will forget to have any crystals, they can sell something from inventory and buy crystals on market. If they dont have money, they can collect something everythere on planets (like ore, flora, prometeum) and sell to market.

Oil barrel is era of previous century, Kilowatt is era of today, Pentaxid is era of future :slight_smile: