Pre-5.0 announcement

Is this the last nail in the NPC Traders coffin?
As i understand NPC packages are composited by the seller who owns the NPC Trader, but they are NOT allowed to SET the PRICE for the package. The PRICE is SET by Eleon MarketPlace, with that in mind nobody can have a “sellout” when in urgent need of credits. So basically a ammo package has the same price wherever we look ?

So this means that a faction of 10 members can (and will) build Max 33 BA , 30 BA set to Private + 3 set to Faction.
And as i understand theres a limit per planet playfield of 30 BA cores? That planet/place is Blocked for any others then.
Prbly also parked HV and CV for more firepower for “circumventing” the limitations.
But as i read somewhere that breaching the core limit is a 45 minit period before it is “taken care of” so that means when/if and imminent attack is underway both sides can spwn out more BA for a period of 45 minits before they are turned to “HWS” during that 45 minit period the warning will go of from the first CORE breaching the limit.
To my limited knowledge about the fights the whole war is either won or lost within the first 20 minits.

Are you sure about this. I understand the 3 bases / player limit but with todays game a base cant defend itself alone.
But if you think its needed il try it.

I am more afraid and would like an answer on the NPC traders. Why would people buy from them if they have the same price as Eleon market ?

We can still work together as a faction. If 5 members use 1 core to place large gunturret bases that’s base defense + 5 turret-bases. I think that’s more than enough to cover a base on PvP planet. It actually gives larger factions an advantage over smaller factions.

No you cant… max 3 bases as a faction… So there will be 1 base and 2 turret bases.
You cant mix personal bases and faction bases.

Every player can have 3 private bases and be a part of a faction that can have 3 bases … so a 10 player faction on a planet can place 3 bases each + 3 bases as a faction = 33 bases (minus 3 since 30 cores is the limit).

Right now we don’t really know what those 30 private bases can shoot on, but they will still count towards the 30 core limit of the planet.

And with some “artistic” freedom the faction and player(private side) can place a wall between the turrets so they dont fire on eachother. private turret builds a wall to the faction turret side and faction build a wall right beside that wall.
Dont think they gonna “see” eachother in that way (not tested), and viola u got more turrets close to the base.

private turret
X
------ private wall
------- faction wall
X
Faction turret

And? 2 simple situation:

1. I place my BA(private) in deep space, but after hard day, I didnt come home, i just go on my CV(faction) some where in Deep space. For Example - my BA in Jagal space, and my CV parked in HW… Some one of my teammates found my BA… U understand? BA lost = we got some friction = we start to make mad-names for it…
  2. We want create PvP planet Base. As we usually do - 5-6 people go in one place, and build it near (BA defence still useless while noone online). And… What we got? - ye our Bases shoot each other. Amazing. So we need build far away from each other, but HOW we gonna defend it??? no help from teammates, bc they gonna be shooted down like enemies as well. gg?

We speak about BA.

Everyone could abuse dat spam basing, if it had enough members. U see dat limit? 30 cores. - 3 per man + 3 per faction - if u had more than 9 people online, u already could capture one planet. FULL planet. gg? I didnt think so.

Again - all speech about planet-bases. U allow only for 1n CV per planet orbit. So we failed about CV-base on planet…

U could use only one CV per planet orbit… So we need 100500 man online, to make some serious “firepower”…

Never heard about such useful info before battle… Scouts in enemies factions? If we take reality - 90% of engages goes when almost all faction-defender offline. And if any one online, he got no time for placing BA (btw, it could be blocked by server-options, like turret limit) and take ammo in it.

if we speak about 4.0 - our base was ruined for 2-3 hours. If we talk about 5.0 - no one will create planet Bases any more. Only some nabs. Bc all BA without player useless vs player on CV/HV/SV, and couldnt hold for long period, but now we got only 3 (!!!) BA per some place, and this is madness.

according to limitation nr 5. Only 1 CV per player on PvE planets are allowed then
nothing about PvP planets. im guessing u can park those on PvP and no limit.

1 Like

Didnt see about separating limits on PvE/PvP… So idk.

It’s in the first post. Doesn’t say anything about limiting number of CV’s in PVP playfields.

I think the rules are being changed anticipating changes in how base attacks will work.
Cluttering the ground with turret-bases just to get around turret restrictions for a single base will [hopefully] be a thing of the past. Lets hope they change the game so that a base can defend itself, removing the ability to snipe out of range would be a huge step.

Yes unlimited SV/CV/HV for all your firepower needs. But limits on BA’s.
Yes 20k block limit

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:49, topic:2689”]
o we failed about CV-base on planet…
[/quote]I already said that a few posts earlier. Instead of spamming BA’s we now spam HV’s. But if they limit HV/CV’s as well, then we have that firepower/backup problem not to mention other problems like offline players docking their CV’s on PVP planet and whatnot. So balance is probably again impossible due to game limits. Crap now I’m being negative again… So hard not to be…

BA’s are still useful for defending spots while players are online to defend it. The extra firepower is very nice and a limit to PVP BA’s per playfield is required. Not sure why it was done global (performance problems / core limits on PVE?)

ONLY if this fix gonna be done, I would talk about single BA on ground… But while we couldnt see any patchnote, I guess we couldnt be sure that it will happen.

Im not sure, that its the final version of rule. Core-limits… something wrong with it.

1 Like

For what?.. For dismissing any BA on PvP playfield at all? Man - while there is no info about BA turrets fix, there is no understanding for such limits.

I cant see how they could set a low limit (like less than 10 per faction) on number of CV’s in a single PVP playfield, that would completely kill PVP. Right now the technical limit is 255, after that the server process for that play field chokes and dies …

Space and planets work almost the same for the server, so 20 CV’s on a planet and 20 CV’s in space effects the server the same way (as far as i understand from working with the EGS servers, if someone has better technical understanding please correct me).

Conversation:
User: I’d go through anything for you.
HWS Server: Good! Then you can start by going through the door.

1 Like

Alex I assume they fix that in 5.0

However the way it will work (faction assigned BA’s counting towards the faction instead of the player) makes it undoable for us to share BA’s to live on. For example we wanted to do a modified version of this:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/200803710792286369/E617C2D35FF01F0B5CC176C09D897754BF175578/

So we wanted to use 1 BA for up to 6 houses in PVE, less cores, less server drain, better for our taxes, etc. But we can’t do this for larger factions because of the BA-limit that counts per faction. Sure we can make it private and set access codes or make it public (risk people stealing our stuff) but not great… This idea is now basically down the drain :disappointed_relieved: . We hoped that faction assigned stuff would still count towards your private limit but it doesn’t. We all gotta build our own private BA’s again to live in.

So as you can see, no matter how they make the rules, there will always be problems/imbalances/imperfections. We just gotta hope they aren’t too imbalanced (saw some red flags though) and just accept this is Early Access.

1 Like

If you want “Your own house” on a PVE planet. cant you just keep building on one faction base and color/texture it to make it personal? I see no point in having “your own core”, all it does is add to taxes and fuel maintenance.

1 Like

Because there is a 3 core faction limit. I assume we need 1-2 cores for PVP at some point and with the block+device limit we can only house ~6, MAYBE 7 players on 1 BA. We have 37 players, probably 15 active in 5.0, so we need 2-3 BA’s just to live on assuming we don’t get more players. So with those rules that idea won’t work anymore. Instead we gotta spam separate BA’s again on private :frowning:

The problem is not finding your house (no need to color). The problem is mainly the device limit, 2ndly the block limit for larger factions and this leads to being forced to use multiple faction cores/BA’s. But those in turn are limited to 3. And private/public access for that is not really doable. That is the thing that drained our (imo great) idea.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t blame the admins or anything. It’s just… Alpha… And restrictions probably because of lots of AI in 5.0 that drain performance (and which probably won’t work anyway with lots of players online but we will see :wink: ).

I see a trailer park in your future :slight_smile:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750842914&searchtext=winnebago

1 Like

If 15 people need more than 500 devices, you must be using a lot of glass and/or deco.
Personally i hate deco, it takes up room and resources while serving no purpose.

1 Like