Pre 5.0 knowledge: Origins!

Sorry, but I didn’t have a lot of time as you can imagine :wink:

It can be changed laaater though

Tomorrow full wipe or not?

need to ocd:put:all ???

the wipe is going to happen you need to insure yourself with your OCD

So, if i understand it right, it will work like this:

FACTIONS

• Players can join a “Faction” (Usually called “guilds” in other games)
  • A player can only be member of 1 “Faction”
  • All members have access to anything set to the faction “TAG”
  • Max 3 BA’s can be set to “Faction” in the solar system.
  • All players can [also] have max 3 BA’s set to “private” in the solar system.

ORIGINS

• All players also automatically become the member of an “Origin”
  • Origin is elected at start (Kinda like “race” or “faction” in other games)
  • You cannot leave an origin, without resetting your character
  • When a player create a faction, it will be the member of that players “origin” (?)

ALLIANCE

• All new factions in an Origin automatically become “Allies”
  • Factions within the same Origin can freely form or break an “Alliance” with one or more Factions in that Origin.
  • A faction can only be “Allied” with factions of the same Origin (may change?)
  • Auto turrets on BA/CV/HV’s set with a faction “TAG” will not auto fire on “Allied” ships/bases.
  • Auto turrets on BA/CV/HV’s set with a faction “TAG” will not auto fire on private structures of “Allied” players (?).
  • Manual fire have no restrictions, this include guns on ships (?)
  • Members of a Faction can NOT access structures of “Allied” Factions.

How is our Origin determined? Is it, like Eleon Studios explained, dependant on which starter-planet you choose?

Thanks for this post.

Actually sums up the system very well and clear.

A couple of things

-origin is selected at the beginning of joining the server so nothing complicated and can clearly see and overview of what origin means what.

-factions can make alliances with all factions within the game… To allow better player control and choices. This can only be done by the Faction leader for obvious reasons.

-manual fire if in an alliance does NEVER damage bases, CV, SV and HV. No matter what vehicle you are in and firing from. Only you can manually kill one another with hand weapons (in pvp ofc)… Physical player only. Ie hand guns v your dude.

And just to ease peoples minds

NEVER can an alliance see the others entity on the map… Access anything (unless codes) or use control menu etc.

Basically the only way you can be damaged/betray is if the FACTION LEADER leaves an alliance. There is no ooooooops I accidently opened the menu, accidently clicked the Faction I’m in an alliance with and accidently clicked ‘leave alliance’

So what does that mean? Players can cry… But it will always be ignored regardless of members not agreeing with the Faction leader decision;)… It’s a risk all members must understand when they join a Faction… If not, start your own Faction :wink:

Apart from that the rest is correct :grin:

Would be more obvious if faction admins could do this as well because this game doesn’t exactly support leaders/admins stopping with the game. You can no longer demote/replace them nevermind kick them while they are offline… If the leader quits the game now in like the 1st week… You basically HAVE to start a new faction (lose all RP…) or lose on any alliance options for the rest of 5.0

[quote=“Achilles, post:48, topic:2804”]
NEVER can an alliance see the others entity on the map… Access anything (unless codes) or use control menu etc.
[/quote] Yay. That prevents a loooot of betrayal.

As I already said before:
A Leader should not just disappear from the world. At least he should communicate to you that he is going. If he is not doing it you are in a wrong faction.

Nevertheless we can do this with our tool if the reason is fully legit to do so.
Other than that we won’t take part in your faction / leader / admin / betrayal dramas anymore.

3 Likes

Oh man, I really hope they let us make alliances with factions from other origins.

It seems like this would really enrich the game.

Also, I think it would really improve the game if there was a cool down time for leaving an alliance. This would serve as a warning of sorts.

This would prevent the worst kind of back stabbing. You might think this limits things, but it will stabilize things and encourage people to enter alliances since they know that they will have a heads up if the other party is planning on leaving.