Pre HWS 7 Announcement! Please read!

Hey Alex you do have a point about origins the way they are shoving like minded people into the same corner is going to be detrimental just like it has been since the start. The only way to make origins work is to have red, blue and orange with the only difference is the color. The offline protection might help with the population in pvp.

Hi Rexxxus since the introduction of weather i noticed more lag added in multiplayer. Might it be possible to have some pvp planets with no weather effects, this will greatly help with the lag.

Thanks

1 Like

Ah, he is back ā€¦ constructive as alwaysā€¦
They donā€™t NEED to, they CAN for more RP. Trader and Guardians are merged into Alliance. So if we have some carebears they can live there, others not. No one forces you to get 100% of possible RP points per day.
Empty PvP last 2 versionsā€¦ ehm nope.

Hmm, lag in terms of netcode or FPS lag? If you have like a little benchmark made that would be cool for the Devs to improve but I will keep this in mind for our PvP planets. Thanks

2 Likes

The lag seems to originate on the personā€™s computer i get 15fps less with weather effect also the same with teammates. All my 3 teammates have noticed it we all have 1060 or less video cards. Those few frames are not that important normally but when you engage other players plus the weather its bad.

There also seems to be a massive memory leak in 7.xx i need to restart the game regularly ā€œMP ONLYā€

PS where is the map :slight_smile:

@RexXxuS calm us down a bit with all these performance issues. Because universe will be bigger, class will be higher, I hope there will be more players etcā€¦theres simply much more stuff for 7.0 and experimental so far doesnt offer much of performance which i belive will change.

But now you shared release date so are problems of experimental solved already? We still miss that last pass - optimisation so i hope it will be all ok.

But after last hours on server with structures dissappearing on New Berlin even when core was thereā€¦will there be any improvment? (Btw maybe you can check what was happening there if you will find a second, tool might give us some answers why everything dissapered)

Guyā€™s if you keep up with all the patch notes and stuff on Eleon forums you will notice that performance has gone way up with good coding to summarize quickly: (with testing that iv done personally between the 2 versions.)

Geometry is calculated a crap ton quicker than 6.0!

Terrain is calculated a crap ton quicker than 6.0!

Lighting is the same lag (more than 6 lights in a scene will bring you down lower than 60 fps) This has to do with direct lighting from Lightā€™s placed on bases and ships, all the global illumination from the sun is good and smooth.

Textureā€™s (New ones, epic looking) have a lot more depth and cause more lag than 6.0 but you can lower the settings and switch them off if you want.

Thruster effects and turret tracking lag has not been tested if someone could try this, it would be nice.

7.0 has introduced a stutter / frame freeze every few seconds but Eleon knows about it and knows it is code related and not hardware related and are working on it atm (at the moment).

7.0 has introduced a memory leak, but are working on it atm.

So to sum up the summery once the problems are fixed 7.0 will be a lot faster and performance light than 6.0 was.

1 Like

I have read that they did some improvement. But after testing on multiple servers the lag is worst. Where have you noticed the improvements ?

[*] RIP :cry:
But its for the best i guess, given the changes.
Would still adapt ratio to given resources.

Thats alot, and very unlikely to happen unless someone thorws himself on you on purposeā€¦ why not make it 5?

Not sure motivating people to live only inPvE is the best wayā€¦ given the relative low ammount of RP - why not change to ā€œif have a base in PvEā€?

Counts both faction and private building (is a faction structure in PvE cancelling this?)

More then doubled, iā€™d say. Anyhow, will there be more stuff to spend RP on?
Some unique pool of rewards for RPs?

Globally - i like it, even tho my OCD hurts. Go, go Rex!

I said as IT looks like. Nothing more. (Im always here, around)

They ask PvE for all the time, and they got it with cool conditions by faction RP-system. We will see what happens.

Not EMPTY PvP last 2 versions? :DDDDDDD Idk where u look, but I waste few EVENING for some PvP - and I find NOTHING. If u think I gonna live in game for seeing dat misterius PvP - u miss again. In 4th version everyday was mess - bc ppl need gold, they fly for gold, and all conditions helps to make it. 5th version got so AMAZING lags, that after 4-5 massive fights, everyone leave game again.

This version all wait fro months, but what we got? Another empty space with tons of ā€œneed to doā€ for some ā€œfunā€? It makes fun impossible for everyone.
U jump in - u NEED hide ship (stealth or somewhere away), then u NEED fly on planet on SV with full cargo of ammo (good if noone shoot u, while u fly there), than u NEED to spawn and load HV/BA for creating some opportunities vs Bunker-owners in long terms. If u FIND someone to fight, than good, if not - u NEED to destroy/deconstruct all your stuff, bc u couldnt get CV there and just take all it away.

Fck, try to count HOW much ā€œneedā€ we got here? Almost 90% of our faction drop such game, only some fanatic continue play with such conditions.

Now Im looking - what next. If we got another - "fly - hide - spawn - try to find - del - fly away"Ā© - than its fail. But while it didnt start, Iā€™ll just waitā€¦

I noticed it earlier before this latest patch 7.0 to 7.2 where all good lag wise, this latest patch 7.03 messed up everything xD lol

You forget thou, sv can warp now so you donā€™t need to bring huge cv packed full of stuff if that is required.

If you raid an alliance base while they defending it then 10 kills will happen very quickly, remember when nod raided us? we all lost like 30 vehicles and they lost more lol.

Yes, only on the main servers.

1 Like

Will some area (ECC?) reamain PvE for OCD access?

Sadly, the experience of this season PvP are beast ships, where you rather run out of ammo than kill anyone. Last fights we had with RED dozens of vehicles were lost, but there we easy under 10 kills overall during a 4 hours battle.

And remember that auto turret kills DO NOT count toward that. Only manual kill matters (so infantry or manual weapons).

Obvious you werenā€™t fighting in the past week. Golden globe was nearly non stop on fire. Red could have used your help.
Also, your thinking is wrong from the begining - your whole idea around gameplay was jsut to blockade the bunker, sure, it kills PvP when you keep camping.
Ask RED about recent fights.

And also - dismatling everything wouldnā€™t be such a pain if you were using normal sized ships.

1 Like

Who the fuck is playing Alliance^^? More alliance more to kill ! we need PKA back!

Love you :heart_eyes: :joy:

Let the killing just begin! yeah yeah baby pow pow pew pew bƤm bƤm go wipe now :smiley:

1 Like

You go allaince now. We need some alliance to kill.

Hƶ who want to kill me??? I dont understand that nowā€¦

Well, iā€™m going lawless, so i need you to go alliance so i can kill you for max reward :smiley:

You make PKA this season.

Itā€™s nice that all 3 factions are appealing iā€™m really liking freelancer :]

1 Like

Hmm how should it work? You want to kill me? Perhaps when i dont moveā€¦ Dont knowā€¦ we must try it. I dont think it worksā€¦ :joy:

Are you still going with class 7 ?