PvP Changes Needed

Universe size is obviously a personal preference thing but I guess it depends on playstyle.

Discounting for the moment the clustering of players at starters and GG;

Averaging prime-time server pop over the current number of playfields = max 2-3 ppl per playfield.

That is already low - now when you bring the clustering back into the equation you have a large number of empty playfields.

For someone like me who doesn’t always have 6 hours to shoot at a flying brick on GG I often have to roam to find my action. Most of the time I find nothing. Can search numerous playfields - planets and orbits and encounter nothing - except for POIs which aren’t my cup o tea. Chance encounters make this game great for me.

Dont tell me they are changing a tree and a window again. Maybe getting motorcycle tier 2 ?

Respectfully, It was exactly the same with 6.0

PVP was limit to a very small number of playfields, and count space out for PVP as CV combat is so messed up right now.

I like the idea of averaging it however a large chunk of those folks are on PVE playfields, if you remove some of the PVE playfields…or BETTER YET! Make 'em PVP rotational! Then you’ll get more combat :slight_smile:

Best bet if you want combat is to head to GG daddystu, as long as there’s gold on the planet there will be near-constant combat. For better or for worse! :100:
Best regards
Wise.

And… Many many players find another server to play on… NOT all players do play in numbers… Like my faction, we are two players, and we like it that way… We go pvp to mine the hard stuff, but like to live in pve… If i have to rebuild my main base every week do to rotation, i am off the server… And i don`t think i am alone…

1 Like

Just stopping by to share the truth:
In prime time we have 40+ open playfields at the same time. (at the moment 22). That is a lot. On starters there are always 10+ on it but many others are also hiding on other PvP planets.

But “can’t find PvP” while GG and Black Hole is always active isn’t true either.
I recommend to start using the full potential out of “fa:scan”.

Thanks for the feedback though. But so far it’s the best universe from feedback gathered.

5 Likes

Can not agree enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its is I would jsut add little bit of importance to outer rim and maybe took a little from BH-GG combo.

Reson for that its…If i go to outer rim POIs recycled, resources not in quantity which is atractive to me, what is atractive is portals to different places, missions, i can found there.

For BH-GG problem is its all in one place, when GG is on and i accidently leave GG in dogfight going to BH full of CV battles im traped in problems, disconected etc. I mean its two playfields with highest traffic next to each other. Of course BH is good as its wiped.

But you already told you want to spread important stuff all around a bit.

In general i went through all palnets found them not atractive for me enough to live there and landed on GG. Thats more than atractive with all friends i have there :slight_smile: If i would have to choose different planet…i jsut dont know which one, no other is offering me so much. Maybe HW…

1 Like

You make a very good point! It is hard for small facs to survive in such a hostile environment, but i’d say keep the portal planets perma-PVE and make some (not all) of the PVE planets outside of the portal system rotational. Otherwise what happens is people landing giant cvs on PVE and leaving them there.

However Rexxus has fixed alot of this by adding CV class limits to planets as well as limiting a number of cvs per person/faction which is also a really good measure. Stops it being as crazy as before.

Overall i must say i’m very very happy with this universe.

My only feedback is to have an EU-playfield with Magnesium, maybe the Asteroid Belt to the left of the black hole system. I think it’s called Orion Asteroids or something.

1 Like

I would vote on mag being on vulc zirax and nomad since its further out from all the pve area’s but at the same time isn’t 1 jump away from donator planets. Also its nice and spread out so one faction cant dominate all 3 area’s

Hi Rex. I agree - it is the best universe so far - thanks to and you, Dee etc . However the best universe for 120-150 players isn’t always the best universe for 50-70 players. Maybe some tweaks as we go through the season?

I did not say I couldnt find PvP - I know exactly where to go if I want to fire all my erestrum at flying brick SVs (game/Eleon issue). I can also stop by and marvel at the sight of 20-30 towers with an invincibility shield around them :frowning:

I just prefer for my PvP to come in random encounters tbh.

I understand we have 40+ open playfields and thats great - especially considering the issues we had in season 6 part1. The point I was making though is that average player count per playfield is relatively low (not accounting for clustering). 80 players online, 40+ open playfields = 2 per playfield. Hence random encounters are rare.

Its a small point as overall you guys do an amazing job, best server by far!

2 Likes

AFT think only one - when somebody stop “fighting undercover the BA’a” like mouses - i stop makes and use in combat this offensive BA’s. I always (except some last weeks) fight against superior forces - so used it. But it is booring and expensive.

p.s. About lags - i want donator nuke. It will be good if it will be a Russian S-77 Satana ballistic missile. I launch it immediately to Peacekeepers and some HQ’s.

About zones. IDK how fix it now. Too many unbalance in the game. But i think surface must taking damage from weapons. Now the BA attacks is pointless. I cant loot it. For what i need engage it? Only for a fun. But it is not fun it is - habit for now.

2 Likes

Since there is so much focus on the bases and specially GG…

How many here keep their valuables in a base at GG? This has turned in to a base vs base war! It is a sport in tearing down other players bases, values or not…
I am mostly alone, so i avoid bases, but still i dont see a reason to attack a base if it holds no interesting valuables…

Maybe just make GG bases to 1 each faction (to store hv/sv) and that`s it… this way they will be less interesting, and we will have a fight for the gold, not the bases…

Just a thought =)

2 Likes

I have to agree, with bases now difficult if not impossible to core to properly loot, there is not reason anymore to have 10 class 7 bases anymore when 1 would suffice. The only obstacle left to overcome is the 1 man factions that throw down a base near their “ally” and login once a couple days to keep OP active which helps oversee their main base as an invulnerable shield.

I’m all for a single base on these PvP play fields, make them actually fight in ships, not in bases.

3 Likes

Preemptive please don’t take offense to this as it’s an Eleon issue not a HWS issue.

PvP is fucked and Eleon seems to not give one soggy shit about it. I had to take a break and came back and was going through all the patch notes over the last two weeks and the exalted “PvP Patch 7.0” seemed like little more than infantry weapon balance and some changes to resource utilization. What HWS staff has done with the tools they have is pretty amazing but it’s also not their job. I expect with all the work involved with the server that it soaks up most of their time anyway.

I can’t remember how long ago it was but I submitted a bug about two problems that stem from the multiplayer aspect of the game. You wouldn’t encounter either of them in single player or even on a smaller scale server but it was (in my opinion) a significant enough bug to affect players on this server. The bug is still around and people just deal with it as though it’s a feature. I messaged Hummel-o-war after he ignored posting in the bug report thread and got no response. He wastes no time answering people who have problems with their deco trees clipping through blocks though. That’ll get hotfixed.

HWS might have some problems but, in my opinion, the root and underlying cause of all of them is Eleon. Jasha and Rex can only do so much to try and keep a bandaid/do damage control on things. There’s more to life than stealing/breaking people’s shit and playing space legos but it’s not impossible to strike a balance.

2 Likes

Legos are for kids.

I only use MEGA BLOKS.

3 Likes

7.0 was a PvE focused update, my sources have told me that 8.0 will be the PvP update. Rex has even flat out said that Empyrion was not originally built to be a PvP game, so a lot of it is an ‘after thought’ for Eleon. Now, that PvP has a lot of support, they might start taking it seriously, but I"m not holding my breath .

My main flyer is 2.5k blocks and it’s size 1, I use it on a daily man… You don’t understand that if you don’t have 10 layers in the front to take the hit you will just go poof fighting against HV’s with 12 rockets coming at you 8 being the same damage as a base. So basically fighting 2 bases while 8 plasma hit you every so often as well… I mean cmon want me to hop in a 1k block starter vessel and come fight? I feel like that was a little personal attack towards Op4 saying we flying big ships or something… Coming from the guys flying in broken Hv’s? A little confused with your comment towards Op4…? The size 1 class restrictions would be fine if people didn’t use broken HV’s that are way OP that has been said from multiple people in your faction. :(( it’s kinda sad when you are going for PvP SV/HV fun and the entire time you’re just fighting FLYING bases that shred your SV apart anytime you get within 500 meters of them. That is what is ruining PvP right now. Let’s not even get into the unkillable PvP bases under terrain I won’t stop typing. I enjoy fighting with you @Ranzeth but you know as well as I do there is NOTHING wrong with our SV’s considering we are having to fight those Hv’s…

LMAO! “Donator nuke” I love that, Just made my night! xD

My point was that the orbits are PvP and that is what is important. I like to think in real cases and the first real cases is

1. if someone warps away from Black Hole you can’t even chase him 100%. Only if you really know well the direction and even if you catch up the warp it is random. You can’t chase him in the end. So no matter if all near orbits of black hole are PvP and has no planets at all or PvP planets. At the moment you can’t catch him.

Random warp entrance points are needed to prevent warp camping.

What you are looking for is coming soon though, that warping has a cooldown etc.

And the turret to Class topic is also something only Eleon can do.

2 Likes

Blockquote Now, that PvP has a lot of support, they might start taking it seriously, but I"m not holding my breath.

I want to believe you but Eleon has broken my heart so many times