PVP Event Planets

I think the bunkers should be in Golden Globe. Currently in Golden Globe the bases are limited to only 3 per alliance. This benefits the factions that have the greatest numbers and nerfs the smaller factions ability to defend. The other reason that just 3 bases per alliance hurt more this season is because bases have been nerfed in firepower by removing two powerful Artillery Turrets from each base.

it will most likely never fly on the globe again. it caused way too many issues in the past. the reason behind the Golden planet is gold it was meant to be the most sought out resource in the game. and being a full pvp zone, anything goes. strong players ban together to take control of a sector and do what they please until a stronger force overthrows them and does as they see fit. be it one faction vs 20, 10 vs 10, or even a free for all of every faction fighting to be the king of the hill, this is the entire idea of pvp that seems to be misunderstood. it is frustrating to both sides of a debate when trying to make others see a different point of view. we all have to remember the core basics of the game itself and try to interpret the creatorā€™s vision of their work. i very much doubt the devs wanted to see their dream constantly bashed and cause such bitterness in peopleā€™s lives. i can say im for a full wipe of zanzabar. now that itā€™s existence is known (we wish it would have been under better more fun circumstances) factions can start preparations for conquest. but what has happened cannot be undone, words spoken cannot be unsaid. we all should appreciate what the hws crew is doing. stress levels across the board are way to high and reaching unsafe areas all around. i truly do enjoy this gem of a universe that has been given to me and understand how passionate everyone feels about their own beliefs. i reach out to everyone and simply ask that we all make our best efforts to leave the past where it is and help each other grow. not one of us is perfect no matter what is claimed. we are are faulted in many ways. most of which we are unaware of. we all slip from time to time and can often misjudge as well as be misjudged. so when we do slip, rather than make it worse we can remind each other of why we enjoy this gift we haveā€¦be it federation, pirate, freelancer, or prototype, all have a place in hws. lets all kill each other in peace, canā€™t we?

While I like 9gag.com to waste my time to get a clean brain (and sometimes even learn something from good memes), posting random memes in a discussion is not what I like.

That is your interpretation.
Let me rephrase.
Zanzibar was made as ā€œEventā€ as main goal. All resources close by falls under the main event theme and are obviously nowhere to find (question from Snowman)

So the key thing here is that an Event needs participation to be called Event, right.
But those participation was not found yet. Little banter where only the frames per second were the deciding PvP factor.

The sad reality in Empyrion is, that any ā€œKill of the Hillā€ PvP Event would cause low FPS. My point about Titan was: yolo the FPS count and have fun nevertheless!
Group up with others, start using ā€œtacticsā€ to make the best out of Empyrion PvP.
For example HWS Garage CVs with HV turrets or private bomb diving or CV>HV docking assault etc. etc.

And a random question in my brain: IF another faction than ABN would have made this Event (which is totally reasonableā€¦) what would have happened? ABN capturing the ā€œpaid planetā€ and then drama happened about ā€œstolen moneyā€?

Last but not least what some didnā€™t know: Zanzibar has global limits activated. (not like on regular supporter planets turned off)
That means all the bases from one faction down there means they canā€™t have many bases elsewhere. So there is a balance or call it sacrifice to settle there.

However

This or ā€œInflationā€ seems to not be the real reason for doing a fight there or not.
If those ā€œmillionsā€ of resources would be so overpowered Iā€™m sure there must be an incentive to assault those bases, right?

The summary of all those 3 topics being made about Zanzibar is that it looks rather a personal crusade against someone or something.
Instead of suggestion legit changes I get only one fact:

Which supports what I said above. More over I see often following phrase:

ā€œIF we do PvP it will get toxicā€

This is bad and should not happen. We have rules about making screenshots of ingame toxicity if this kind of thing happens. Yes there are screenshots of ā€œtoxicityā€ around but only for some random nonsense like Discord chats or so. Not actually pvp battle ones.

If an Event is removed or changed without proper testing I have no benchmark for this Event or future Events.
And if something is changed / removed nevertheless only because of an agenda, where is the line?
Should I remove the Eton event because only 1-2 factions gain the massive profit and someone heard it is lagging there?
Remove the FPS Event cause someone heard itā€™s unfair?

I am open for suggestions to boost an Event which generates PvP in this case. Generates fun.
Frames per second in PvP are no indicator though or we must get rid of any PvP and focus on PvE only Events. Is that something the community wants?

So, please make suggestions - participants only! - how to make Zanzibar more fun!
Random ideas to ignite the fire maybe:

• weekly wipe of the whole planet?
  • or rather: merge it into our Event Manager and make it a ā€œCapture the Baseā€ event like on Eton and put a little dummy poi in the center of the crater and reward the ā€œKing of the hillā€ if it was not captured?
  • even more resources in the crater?
  • limit changes?

I hope to find some good outcome of this! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is your interpretation.

Last i looked there was no event that allowed class 7 of everything with about 35 bases until this pay to win so called fair event planet came into being. And payed for by a faction that has those bases there and designed the planet to have the resources concentrated in the places they put their bases on. To me its clear that its just about the money. Their paying you and they get an almost unlimited amount of resource of every kind; concentrated where they want it, and where they put their bases on. Nice. If you think this is good then thats your interpretation, Rexx.

Picture: Complement of Chaotic.

3 Likes

Its this the real reason why Rexxxus started the family share account poll?
Family share accounts increases the global limits?
If the number of bases placed globally exceed the normal number of bases that real players can place i see a problem here. If not well its all good.
Anyway i dont think that ABN needs those resources. You can find those normally in huge quantities in any pvp planet. We had 3 seasons ago a pvp open planet with deposit scattered around the world with 1/2 bases guarding each one. Nobody has contested it.
If they want really that someone come and contest it i think they should reduce the number of bases themselfs. I think will crash the server if a cv will be dropped over there :smiley:
But hey, their planet their rules.

4 Likes

The idea may have been more doable with more strict limits in place. Number of bases and 150 block cv for example.

A successful attack generally requires greater number of players, time and resources than the defenders can field. Defense always has inherent advantage.

That position, together with abn, f-v actively defending, and bases no doubt shielded ---- large cvā€™s that can also be brought in to soak. Plus, lag favors the defenders.

It possibly could be taken, but not without an over-the-top commitment by players, resources, time and strategy.

I think Cyan alluded to it well ā€” too much work, coordination and need for multiple player committment to make it worth the effort imo. Getting multiple factions working together, who are not allies, and would reluctantly ally at best. Huge.

5 Likes

A small announcement about our planet. We have held several events there already that all are invited to. We usually provide all the ships and ammo for anyone that wants to participate. We also provide prizes for the top 3 winners, usually a garage ship and several million credits. I am currently working in a ā€œsafe zoneā€ for the planet. A place where if anyone wants they can come for a fair 1v1 fight, and all abn and allies will enforce the fairness. We really want, and like to help the community. Keep an eye out for events and updated POIs sponsored by ABN, it should be lots of fun!

2 Likes

Having event planets like this is not a new thing ā€œthe faction LoT ran this sort of planet for many seasonsā€ itā€™s up to players to look at it as a challenge and participate if they wish and I am sure ABN havenā€™t spent real money for access to resources which can be gained from many planets or purchased from the market for not many credits.

On the subject of ABN being responsible for killing pvp, this is far from true in a game like this you need a strong opposition and teamā€™s placing bases and patrolling to keep things fun. Op4 dominated the Na server for a long time but by the end of 5.0 we had killed off all the pvp as we just killed everything that moved ā€œnot our greatest moveā€ we learnt and had to adapted to let players and factions grow whether you help them learn how the game works or leave the small players alone for the good of the server. I see ABN are at this stage I see them helping the small guys grow but as it was with Op4 we see many wanting to be our friend which also doesnā€™t help with pvp.

The big change to pvp was the mega alliance which I fully agree is not healthy but again I see ABN being reluctant to be allied with half the server as within their faction progression it reduces pvp ā€œmore allies = less to killā€ and remember many of us are pirates and kill, fight and have pvp fun is what we do.

3 Likes

The eton event is fair due to having a central objective with resources littered around the planet not to mention that you can dig them out and the fact that there are ship limits and so on and so on, all points i have bought up and that have been ignored by you Rex.

The fact, is this planet the ā€˜way it was createdā€™ does not match the template that has been accepted in this server as acceptable. No one really gives a dam who owns the planet except for the fact for ā€˜some peopleā€™ it feels like its another way for ABN to ruin the server further.

Inflation of resources right when a new economy has been implemented is the biggest problem, why did you even bother implementing it if you were going to allow a faction to break it first season in? Hardly ABNs fault as iā€™m sure any faction would have attempted this given half a chance. The difference is how the faction chooses to use it.

This unfortunately isnā€™t a chance to call out ABN but instead to ask the admin why, once again that such choices were made with out checking with the community first. In this situation i personally would have checked with the admin or hws team who either donā€™t play or donā€™t play enough to spoil anything by showing them the planet (like wiseman or hayawen).

This is just a long line issues where at the end of the day people are asking ā€˜how did Rex think this was a good idea?ā€™. This is a question i have encountered many times this server, unfortunately i have had to be the one to voice the displeasure of several factions regarding several topics. Paint me as the bad guy but at least iā€™m asking the questions.

3 Likes

But if we choose to pvp against you in that time we get painted as the ā€˜demonsā€™. No thanx. Now you are dictating when we can pvp while listening to you be complain about offline raiding being perfectly fine. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Dont forget that we killed no noobs the last time we ā€˜hijacked an eventā€™ but those facts are lost while painting us as the bad guys yet again. Why not just hold events every day so no one can pvp you?

@Snowman please try to understand what im about to say. we hear and understand where ur coming from, we honestly do. from ur point of view it appears that we want nothing more than to dominate the server and take all the fun away from everyone. i can see how this would appear to be true with all the politics and and conversations surrounding the rivalry history and strife. miscommunication is so very unfortunate. but i can honestly tell u we are not trying to kill the economy. we are not out to shut the server down. if that happened, nobody would have a place to hang out like we do and that helps nobody. politics and history aside, we want the grim atmosphere that has been lingering for a long time to dissipate so we can all enjoy our time here. we are hosting events to try and encourage PVP. the planet (while we occupy it) is being used to host a variety of event ideas we are coming up with regularly. the entire goal is to show that we are not out to dominate and squash all opposition like some older EU factions have in the past. we want to help everyone to prepare for long enduring battles to mainly stress and test the network coding. one thing that most do not know about software coding is errors are a good thing to programmers and a bad thing to players. just like surveys and polls, the more samples u have, the higher the accuracy of the results. yes it will be a grueling lag fest for a very long time. the game is still alpha after all. if we only test with small groups that never lag, then we do not know the technology limits that need to be exceeded. the idea behind alpha and beta testing is to intentionally break the coding of the game to see what it cannot handle. this way issues can be rectified and the game polished for a non alpha version. to the more error logs and crash dumps, the easier it is to locate issues and fix them. the more we stress the server itself, the better we can fix the coding and smooth out the lag. please try to understand we are not out to be the bad guy, at the end of the day we want to have great battles and be able to give shout outs in global chat like ā€œGood fight! Canā€™t wait to see our next!ā€ rather than the alternative. lets try to turn this entire dismal situation into something good for everyone. this entire saga should be a lesson to us all. we are here together to have fun. if anything is taken away form this, let it be that we all need to look inside ourselves and decide on what we truly want to experience here and help everyone come as close as they can to achieve that goal together. with lasers if we must but not more salt from either side :frowning:

with that said we welcome ideas on different types of events that people would like to see hosted on zanzabar. custom structures to use or specific scenarios we would like to test out. send us blueprints and ideas. feel free to shout out any ideas on PVP battles u would like to enjoy. the biggest event would be to have a group forcefully take over the planet and host their own event, or hoard resources, then get contested again by another to do what they wish. this is the entire plan for the planet and the sole reason it exits.

ya the HWS power company is not forgiving :grimacing:

1 Like

My disagreement with Zanzibar is entirely based on itā€™s concentrated passive resource generation. I have no issues or disagreements with ABN and we have mostly enjoyed good pvp. I respect ABN as pvp opponents and get along with many of their members, but no faction should have that kind of easy resource generation.

Hereā€™s some estimates if you were to put 10 T3 autominers on each deposit:

I think rare resources automine slower, so take this as estimate only.

Since AMs generate about 7,000 resources that would be 70,000 per deposit for a total of 210,000 of every resource since there are three deposits of each. The only resources missing are zascosium, promethium and gold. That leaves nine types of resources giving a total of 1,890,000 ores.

But wait! You can harvest twice a day, so go ahead and double that to 3,780,000 ores EVERY DAY, and thatā€™s with only 10 people. How is that not ridiculous?

This may just be my ā€œinterpretationā€ but to be blunt, the only factions on NA that are capable of ā€œbenchmark testingā€ this event are OH and FU. So to me, it really is a case of banging our heads against a planet designed to entrench the defenders. Even if a faction were to capture Zanzibar for even a day, they would be so overloaded with resources they would not need to ever come back.

2 Likes

yes this is true but u have to also factor in human lazyness :wink: it is a horrible chore to run and collect resources from autominers. it would take one person nearly all day or more to empty and fuel them all. and good luck organizing a gathering party here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it is a very tedious task that i personally want nothing to do with and refuse to touch one. yes the potential is there to gain a ton but the drive isnā€™t. we are mostly pirates wanting to build our legos to smash into one another. not monotonously gather resources day after day. that is hardly fun or what any of us enjoy doing. most just hop in to grab what they need and dip. yes there are plenty of defenses and it wont be easy but if we have humans want something bad enough, we will find a way to get it. we just ask that it is done on the battlefiled where it belongs. this is the idea, nothing more, nothing less.

Iā€™m a bit confused.

It was not my idea, in fact the players ideas and some even said they would have created such an event as well if they could.

This is recently a critical topic during my sleep thoughts. At the beginning the HWS community was so small, that everything I made was cool and easy going.
Now, almost 4 years later with thousands of members I get such sentences often, very often.
This is where it becomes more and more a ā€œyou canā€™t make everyone happy!ā€ thing.
But since naturally the negative voices are louder than the satisfied players (even though in the minority), it feels more and more demotivating and frustrating to me.

Edit: not to misunderstand me again: I always like to get communtiy feedback and you know I ask for things. But such things are always subjective to some. Itā€™s an event planet from players to players. Not from admins to players.

So here we are, implementing an Event idea where some would just tackle it, some complain about it even though never have tried it out themselves with full heart. Bringing up economy and other things where my thought came up:

Anyways, nobody responded to my words so I feel tired and will just wait it out.

pretty sure ABN had access to somewhat unlimited resources and I very much doubt this planet is an attempt at such a thing as itā€™s pointlessā€¦
they are sitting on a gold mine intentionally to provoke people into attacking them, no more, no lessā€¦
people that tend to enjoy dropping auto miners and tending to them are more of PvE type ā€¦

4 Likes

Unfortunately answering your questions brings us back to mine that have still been ignored but sure i will humor you.

This doesnā€™t stop the AM abuse, the inflation nor does it answer why this planet has a different template to every other pvp planet which is the point of this post.

Does this mean the planet will be changed to match the pvp layout that works such as a destructable ground or spread or resources?

Why would you suggest more of the very thing we are complaining about? Seriously?

Limit changes by themselves would not fix the issue of the resources being abused.

I should not have to commit every moment of my free time to insuring that a someone doesnā€™t have access to an insane amount of resources just to make sure your mistake of allowing is covered up and justified because ā€˜someone attacked itā€™'. Someone did and instead of encouraging them out again to do it they went and dug up their rp bases.

Yeah i know, they are in pvp and free game i understand how it works, however if ABN shut their mouths for 2 seconds and actually think about the situation like we did RESPONSES LIKE THAT DO NOT PROMOTE PVP WHEN IT IS ALMOST DEAD AS IT IS. When TAW and FU were in charge we allowed other factions to place bases on GG to not only promote pvp but to give them the confidence to live in pvp, we allowed them to keep their rp bases to help them level up.

Its stuff like this that promotes pvp not a planet set up unlike the regular template accepted for pvp and the factions that bother to attack it are met with a negative response every time. As it is after writing this post all our rp bases were dug up except one in retaliation. This doesnt make me want to come in and pvp, its like retaliating to children.

If you cant understand what iā€™m saying iā€™m done. I cant be bothered as it is the bashlash for even questioning the planet setup is still yet to be fully felt by us let alone the entire server. Dont expect anybody not to say ā€˜ā€˜i told you soā€™ā€™ when you start complaining of inflation again.

1 Like

I stopped reading here as the claims made by abn in global chat make your words look like complete bullshit. FU for 4 seasons and one other for 3 seasons before hand have spent their time learning the market and changing it for the better.
Im not at the top of the buy AND seller list because i cheated or because im selfish. However im constantly hearing from ABN how your members are going to ā€˜lose out on profit so FU dont make moneyā€™'. How selfish can you be? Do you not consider that by doing that you are ruining the money making for people when we buy their goods THAT WE DONā€™T EVEN NEED SO THEY CAN MAKE MONEY?

Clearly not when i hear this statement - ā€˜ā€˜FU ā€œownsā€ the marketā€¦how much do they give out???..Nadaā€¦Zilchā€¦Nothingā€¦Zeroā€¦ā€™ā€™ Your faction understands nothing about the market or the economy and then after sitting there with your smart arse remarks while tanking the market and expecting us to believe that your not ruining the economy. Bullshit.

But hell why not? Rex is letting you do it.

1 Like

?Iā€™m not amused.

Already answered!

Because

I get what you are saying but looking at logs I see you wasnā€™t on Zanzibar once.

Again there is no ā€œpvp layoutā€. Even Eton has indestructible terrain around Metropolis, Iā€™m sure you know it.
Why spread resources when that is the intention of the incentive of the King of the Hill eventā€¦
The Event Manager just handles the reward better and automatically schedule the wipe of the planet. Giving everyone a new chance to be the first on the planet but still rewarding the winner from previous duration.

No, I totally get you - that you donā€™t like it and make me guilty of it.
Once I get an overall community feedback about improvements Iā€™m happy to work on that together with the planet owner.
Thanks for the feedback so far.

No you dont. The point of the post is question the acceptable pvp layout and pointing to a minor patch on Eton isnt answering everyones questions or concerns. Im done.

1 Like