Pvp ships

Nope this is a thread that did and does little to help the issue. If you can’t see that then i don’t know what to say…

Of course selling other peoples BPs without their permission IS illegal, so somewhere along the line there was a mistake of communication.

Who did you contact in GMC? And remember it was not a faction endevour, but the mistaken actions of a single member whom has been spoken to.
I am one of the 90% who ‘want it’ to be illegal, but it is ALREADY ilegal.

So posting a picture of all of our captured ships with the statement ‘be ready’ was NOT meant to be threatening? That my friend is the very definition of the word provocation and threat.

We’re on the same side here Paxxo; and selling it is just as bad as putting it on the workshop. But there are better ways to handle this issue. The longer you stick around for the more you learn about handling things like this, we’ve had similarly strange/scary things happen before, but it’s all about handling it without provoking some kind of forum civil war. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

@Paxxo1985 Also how are all these ships ‘intact’ and ‘undamaged’ ?

How did you acquire these ships intact? As we have had reports of ships being used by you guys from our workshops that have never ever been used in battle or lost, and some of the ships there suggest that…

Best regards
Wise

I just step in here to say:
The rule I have put up is about “public” space.
Month ago I said in the forum somewhere already that I don’t consider the HWS Universe as “public”.
“Everything what stays inside HWS IS HWS”.
That means it is part of gameplay to capture ships and then create a kind of black market around those ships.

3 Likes

Well how is someone that buys a ship supposed to know that that was a stolen ship that got sold and then they decide to put it on the workshop?

Read the rules again please :blush: what is on hws, stays on hws. Then the buyer is breaking the rules.

1 Like

Ok tell me one by one which ship of this picture had never been used in a battle and i will tell you from who i have taken it and where.
Maybe you need to ask/investigate better in your faction and your allies who is using those ships before doing this accusation.

Can we make a poll about this?
If we the players want to extend the rule i dont think that will be a problem.

The rules are created by and for the community.
So you can go for a poll: but I won’t play Police and check the origin of a ship. That is your job.

1 Like

Actually i dont know how to make a poll on the forum :grimacing:
Well the Police will be always the players as usual.

Now people trying to make it illegal to share blueprints that is their own fault for sharing to begin with. People need to understand this fact: Once you share it, it’s out! You can’t turn back time. Be realistic.

Trying to make it illegal is like trying to make a law that tries to make people call you a she when your really a he, and a she when your really a he. Its a delusion thats only in your own head. People know that once your naked, no matter how much you try to disguise it, the truth comes out.

Anyways, Rexx is right about it being sold in the black market because thats how its really done in real life.

There was no accusation, i merely asked:

No accusations, just questions my friend :slight_smile: Let’s start with the ‘WiseStar MK2’ (The black one between the long black ship and the thicker blue one.) That one i’m curious about.

Also thank you @Paxxo1985 For being willing to explain this, i am grateful for that, and am glad we are able to talk about this sensibly :slight_smile:

Best regards to you,
Wise.

That was taken by AAA SacredGlade. He was transporting one in Walla System on a 150 blocks cv. I killed him on the cv and the SV was 100% intact. I just found my way to the core.

The name was GladeStar

1 Like

Thank you for your answer Paxxo! :slight_smile:

That covered my question well :slight_smile: She is the one that managed to get me out of the fight when she got decored, what do you think of her? :slight_smile:

mmmn i want some of those delicious blueprints :slight_smile:

For what its worth, allowing the sale of a captured enemy ship should be allowed, but with restrictions.

This would push a natural evolution of ship design progression, put more on the line if you lose a fight, add more people to the PVP playfield and make PVP generally better/ more balanced.
complainers would likely be people that only want one sided fights that they cannot lose, i.e. over powered PVP ship VS. newcomer on a warp sled with a single unarmored minigun.

the restrictions would be something like only allowing a faction to sell 1 or 2 enemy ship designs per season, which they would have to declare at the time of sale.

all hypothetical, but you get the idea…

Or it would totally put newcomers to PVP off…if their ship gets taken the put on sale…by making ‘pvp’ more ‘high stakes’ you reduce the number of people willing to actively try it…

Right now i prefer the unwritten rule between big alliances not to openly share one-anothers BPS. We can use em sure, but we dont share them openly, and that i’m more than willing to enforce on my end.

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

I disagree,
having real PVP ships available for purchase would allow newbies to more comfortably join in on PVP, and have a chance at surviving.
the large alliances hording blueprints is only tilting the battlefield to those factions favor.
1 sided fights, which you probably prefer.

People do sell PVP ships, we have before. But we don’t sell OTHERS pvp ships, that would be bad practice and just lead to general bitterness all around. As a long-term PVP player we are VERY protective of our blueprints, which is why we and the Russian alliance exercise this unwritten rule not to publish one-anothers blueprints on HWS. As if we did publish eachothers blueprints then (most people) get sad seeing someone else taunting them with their ship.

This would BE ESPECIALLY true with new-to PVPers. It would be especially taunting to them as they wouldn’t have any alternate ships to use, and it may put them off entirely.

And no the large factions having lots of players, lots of experience; and most importantly: Near-infinite resources is what makes them insanely powerful, mostly its down to good organisation; being able to get a group of people together quickly, mostly in a response to fighting another big PVP faction.

As someone who has been playing PVP for a couple of years there’s much MORE going on than just the BPs. For instance you actually need good, prepared pilots, as in this meta it could be the greatest BP ever but if it gets lagshotted you need spare parts so it doesn’t get captured.

Well thank you for showing your true colours. Another statement from somebody who is utterly clueless in how we operate. We avoid fighting ‘noobs’ and we actively encourage people to come to PVP by selling older marauder designs AND by compensating anyone we kill who is not part of a PVP faction, believe it or not, on EU at least; we aren’t just about ‘killing everyone.’ It’s about supporting the ‘little guy’ and getting them into the fight and showing them how to do things.

Next time maybe ask HOW we do things instead of just assuming, i get really tired of people seeing us as some big zerg that kills all when it couldn’t be further from the truth. We’re not some toxic rust or ark faction/alliance that believes in ‘wiping’ people, we’ve accidentally ‘wiped’ people in the past and we immeediately compensate them, with resources and ships; normally its more than they actually lost. Those people usually ask to join as recruits, which is great.

Wiseman-Out.

of course i was not suggesting that a new player could counter a planned assault, or have the experience and know how to fight off multiple targets, but they might survive the random 1 on 1 fights… surely nobody would expect a player or two to take on a faction and win, that would be a fools game.
(it would be funny to see.)

What i see time and time again is new players coming in, spawning a workshop portrait piece, and going into a pvp zone thinking that the guns and single layer of combat steel will keep them alive. they get shot down quickly then rage in chat…

also i am not suggesting that it would be mandatory that people sell other builders ships, simply suggesting that it could be an option. which could have a positive impact on the evolution of pvp ship design and building. and in the process introduce more players comfortably into pvp.

Instead of selling others ships it would be best for factions to sell their own ships. Which is something we have done in the past, when we have a totally new version of a ship come out we normally sell the old version; sure it may be slightly less effective in the newer META, however they still hold up pretty well.

It almost sounds to me like we’re arguing for the same thing (More noobs into PVP with good PVP ships) but from a different angle (I want factions to sell their own older BPs or ones made specifically for new players, instead of them just selling the opposite factions BPS which would not be on.)

This is a picture of the marauder, one of our strongest desgins; we sold an older version of this ship for 90k per ship on the open garage; which was highly successful, we’ll have to do something like that again I think.

Best regards
Wise.

im on board, where do i buy>? :smiley:

Haha i need to get some more up first! I will speak to the guy who usually manages it; sayak, he hasn’t been on lately. Otherwise i’ll sell some of my older ones instead.

Best regards
Wise.