PVP Utopia!

Ok so I think I understand now. Your are looking for a safe zone in PVP. The picture you posted looks like you already have a safe place to spawn from. The cost of living in PVP is the risk of losing everything. I believe there used to be an untouchable bunker a while back that caused a lot of grief that ended only when the bunker did. If you are looking to setup PVP hotspots around the universe, that can be arranged. If you are just looking to mine PVP resources safely, that is not what you initially implied in the post.

I’m not sure I see the value in giving up real estate on GG. If the base is not for PVP, what does it bring to the table? You say it’s a “Staging Area”, but between K warps and the Supergates that would save you all of 1 minute of travel time. As it stands the bases are guaranteed PVP, someone places them down and it gets attacked+defended (To some degree). What am I missing?

And for the record, you did not get offlined, your faction was online even if you were not at the start, they just never came to defend.

We disagree but thanks for offering your opinions Bob.

I believe it would help to bring alot of pvp here. For example, being able to have a base their doesn’t mean that while i’m mining i’ll be able to make it to the base. The refuge. Or while i’m pvping doesn’t mean i’m 100% assured that i will make it back. This will bring and attract many people to want to pvp there and have a safe refuge to fall back on or when they die to get in the fight faster by having everything they need already ready to go on their base. Again the base deosn’t guaranty that you will make it back their alive if you get caught while mining.

But i also understand how this would make it hard for people to make happen. Again this is just a suggestion for the community to ponder on. :slight_smile:

Yes I do see the appeal to your idea. There are ways around your current situation though that may be an easier solution for you. Pick a safe spot in PVE to load up your ammo and resources, prepare multiple copies of ships in the F2 factory ready to spawn, MOST IMPORTANTLY: set your home spawn. cb:sethome to your safe spot and mark in control panel. If you get hit in a PVP area, you have quick respawn options with ships ready to reload and get back in the battle through the super gates. Seems a much easier option than trying to get lots of people to agree to a cease fire.

No thats far from what i’m talking about and suggesting. I’m talking about pvp area your talking about pve area. I already said what i need to say. But i’ll add this for you. You’v got to travel quite a bit to get from their to here and alot can happen in that time like crashing, disconnections, having a group of cv’s or sv’s camp the stargate which just happened last night by the way.

So the point here is having something like a fall back Stricture already in pvp as your staging area.

Yes i do see what you mean about having a base in PVP. I am not putting your idea down at all. I am offering a possible solution to the PVP experiences you have had in the past. The idea for a PVP zone is that it requires planning and effort to maintain structures in the area and to defend them from Invaders. This is no easy task. I was one to have a disposable army loaded in my factory ready to warp in, recycle, spawn disposable HV miners, mine till i get a feeling that someone may be coming soon, spawn a disposable getaway ship and take goods home for processing. Got caught a few times but gained well more than lost. The times I got away were much greater than the times I wasn’t so lucky. That is the excitement of ninja mining. Now if you’re looking to bring a combat ship for a fair fight, all you have to do is ask. There are lots of PVP players just waiting to throw ammunition around :slight_smile: Most willing to offer tips and tricks to those that just need to ask.

Updated my former comment because i wrote it wrong “having a group of cv’s or sv’s camp the Stargate which just happened last night by the way.” And happens often; they park cv’s at the stargate to catch people coming out or going in.