Question about PvP bases, possible abuse

Last night OH placed bases down on the NA server in HomeWorld. ABN, FV, and DOE launched an attack, and backed off. They recycled their ships and left after our successful defense. FV waited a bit too long, so we pushed in. We assaulted their base, took all the above ground turrets off one, and some off the other, while pushing back an FV SV dive bombing it. When they realized the base would be ours, they privated their towers so that HWS would seize them. Shortly afterwards they where deleted by HWS, we couldn’t core them, blueprint them, and recycle them due to this. We focused on the SV knowing it had all of their resources, but it was able to escape us with constant dipping in and out of orbit. I will post a video below, but I wanted to see if this was acceptable behavior. We where looking forward to those base blueprints, and the ammo - fuel - pentaxid - blocks - etc we could have gained from them.

^^ Video of FV privatizing their towers ^^

Shortly afterwards, we rushed ABN’s NA server GG base, we stripped their towers and they did they same thing. They privated the towers and HWS seized them shortly afterwards. I looked around, there is no official rule on this, so I don’t think any punishment is deserved - if this is even abuse. I would like the ammo, fuel, pentaxid, and blueprints of those towers though, if that is deserved. I may be way off here guys, I had never seen this before and if this is an over reaction just let me know, but when I saw that occur I had to make a post. Below are the photos of ABN’s GG bases, I did not get them on video swapping ownership, but I have screenshots of them changing. What I noticed was odd was that when we got there I could have sworn one of those towers was registered to FV.

Shortly afterwards, all of the towers where deleted by HWS, including the final ABN tower that hadn’t been swapped to private yet. Thanks.

1 Like

Definition : A Bug or Exploit, for the purposes of HWS Rules, is defined as “Any mechanic, whether executed in or out of game, which creates a condition that was not an intended functionality of the game OR HWS Server features.”
I would define the use of deleting bases like that as an “not intended functionatily” becouse it uses mechanic that is not fair to enemy.

Good evening

I can understand frustrations on this event, but considering the mechanics of this with a player / faction exploiting the server for their gain is unfortunate.

understandably changing a faction to HWS to prevent other player / faction taking the spoils is clearly an exploit of the server, but this is one for RexXx to look at and deliberate as I clearly cant deliberate on this…

Thanks

5 Likes

This is not what this features it there for > not intentional > against the rules.

@Jascha and I will think about how to prevent such actions in the future.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.