Railgun Projectiles Shooting Farther Than Base Turrets

Its just common searching for why we had a problem with our base being shoot at without firing back, no big deal. BUt that range,…that should be fixed.

@RexXxuS you know how they did it with ROF and other properties of weapons. Is it possible that you set range of weapons (like turret and mounted weapons) but ammunition “overwrites” that, as I know that ammunition plays big role in how final result is.

I mean if you change ROF on weapon, that doesnt matter but you have to set it on ammunition, or something like that, I haven seen config for long time, I just remeber there was something like this, as @Daddystu said.

I have to admit I havent read this topic, sorry, i just cant be bothered that much, feel bad now :frowning: but im taking it all as omg what now again…

AS USUALL KEEP IT IN CIVIL MANNER! Importand is to make some results and ask for fix guys, emotions aside.

I would sum up this topic like this:
Bases are complete trash. The only thing that makes them even slightly harder than very easy to take down is the horrible lag that comes with multiple and bases and hv’s placed in one location.
People use “features” like placing core far away from the base marker, looking trough the ground, exiting cockpit inside on the blocks and destroying devices, tanking bases with class 7 CV / HV/ SV on every planet, use garage ships with base turrets…
Fixing one small thing seems pointless to me unless there are some major changes.
Just look at the most PvP playfields they are empty because bases are just bad and there is not much there to do.

1 Like

I agree that a single base does need a buff.

I disagree on not fixing this “one small thing”. Especially, as this one small thing in the right hands makes all bases irrelevant.

If it is start it would be a good one.

@JoJoWilko aka @Juggoire can you illuminate us how you can shoot further?
And why you said to have reported to ReXxxus when you are obviuously liying?
Thanks.

2 Likes

I have to admit that until @Ranzeth started whining about us using an exploit I was not aware that there was an exploit, and I still don’t believe that there is one. My tactic against bases is to find a rise in the landscape, hide behind it and shoot rails at the base turrets. If I see explosions I am in range if I don’t I have to find another vantage point. My tactic is as simple as that with variations due to terrain. There is no measuring this and that or doing any exploit. I have been doing this since season 5 very successfully - I even might have been the first to use this tactic, because it became popular after I started to take out bases on a regular basis. I still use the tactic where it is possible - edging towards a base until I am in range behind a suitable piece of landscape - and I am now stunned that it is being called an exploit by those who are sore losers. I don’t like losing,which happened to me several times last night, but I don’t whine about it - I try to find an alternative
legal strategy which will lead me to a win in future engagements. Whining about exploits when there are none is bad losing and a waste of energy.

wow - the paraphrasing is strong, as is the delusion and twist on the global chat - leave them to it, @aeonbug - they’re utter morons

@Ranzeth and @RexXxuS I do not have any visual proof but I can say that when I was fully zoomed in using the rail guns to snipe the AAA base on Home World the distance was reporting on my HUD at 370m from the target. I was shooting at the base turrets but I was not being shot at by any turrets on the base. I was able to wipe out several arty and missile turrets this way during that fight. The other thing I have noticed is a lot of lag cock pitting and de-coring of SV’s by railguns too at very long ranges. I again have not visual proof of this but I have seen it and had it done to me. No other damages were found on the SV’s once re-cock pitted either. This may be a DEV issue that needs resolved or maybe something else I don’t know, All I can do is report what I have seen and been able to replicate myself.

That distance camera to something we usually see as we fly in 3rd person isnt used in weapon range calculation I think, will do some more testing, but it would mean that range of weapon is actualy shorter more you zoom out, we have different problem, range is longer.
Its hard to test, it needs to be done on HWS PvP space and thats a bit complicated and requires some work.

Good thing on this all is that if they make Drone waves attacks, even SP players might start to complain about Empyrion combat when their pumpkins will get lagshooted from far away :smiley:

1 Like

I have found that this is only possible by zooming all the way in, and you WILL NOT be in range for turrets to shoot at you. Also, Ship design is taken into account because 2 ships that i have used 1 works and 1 does not.

Here I go, For the Science! Sigh. TL;DR rails has 800m range in SP. They hit target up to 850m away.

So this is me, range camera to BA is, well it differes on where you put it, how far you zoom. Its confusing as what we should know is distance of at least center of mass of ship, or something like that. Easiest for Eleon would be distance to body of player.

For PvP whats necessary to do to get some vague picture of how far target really is:
Switch to 1st person, Im cca 850m away from BA, its again not exact as its distance to something on BA, maybe center of mass. than compare 1st and 3rd view, set camera some nice amount of m away from ship like 30m. When you flying in 3rd and you are 1000m away substract 30m and you know ship is cca 970m away.

This picture above shows difference between 3rd and 1st person. SV didnt move.

Now range of railgun is 800m. I saw explosions on BA up to distance of cca 850m (1st per. view) above 850m I havent seen explosion. This is hard to capture on screen so f it. When I saw no explosions, I exited SV and went to BA to check if i hit it without seeing explosions. No dmg done so it seems that explosion = confirmed hit. No explosion = no hit.

Ive moved to most far position to hit BA, then I put railgun even more back and took out the one in fron. No hit. So for calculation of weapon range pivot point or tip of barrel or something related to gun itself is used, it matters whenre the gun is. It seems it can happen that on long ship guns in front will hit, guns in back wont.

I zoomed out camera a bit more and put it in front of my ship to see if it will make range of weapon higher. No dmg on BA but its also possible i missed. Its hard to see if you shoting right direction unless you have another pair of eyes on back of your head. Also you can put croshair on BA but presing Alt takes away weapon convergency (yes this can be used to fire missiles straight forward to increase AoE).
But in general it seems like camera position or distance have no influence.

Conclusion: In SP I was hitting target 850m away with railgun with range 800m

Its as usuall, I suggest you to simply press F6 to get rid of useless numbers on screen as those numbers are there just for you to not feel like you havent been informed. Something like democratic election. No matter what they say, explosion hit, no explosion no hit (this might be completly different story in larger battle where its possible to hit but theres no explosion - who knows if dmg is dealt in such case so please stop trying to up dmg its already huge).

Its total mess as usuall. I would like to report Eleon for exploiting Unity (using it defferent way that they are supposed to).

@RexXxuS take a look at it, CV rocket turrets seems to have same problem, probably all weapons, but in CV rockets are best to see it, range is 1,5km cca…

In any way theres no players exploiting anything, it works like this since Empyrion first release.

And a bit of offtopic. Since AAA moved to NA theres a lot of complains about ruberbanding or teleporting due to higher ping. We can take a look at it in another thred for sure and compare EU (AAA with low ping) and NA (AAA with ping 100-120)…

You dont want to see results, this stuttering on EU with low ping is much worse than on NA with higher ping.
Reason AAA moved to NA is that on EU its unplayable. Forget all the conspiracy theories.

1 Like

The video shows AAA hitting turrets without the turrets firing back. The turrets had line of sight, ammo, fuel, etc… etc…

Using terrain I get. I’ve used the tactic myself. Watching players out range active base turrets? That I’m not sure about

We are trying to resolve an issue here. Since you do not want to contribute in a positive manner, or act like an adult - please stop commenting. There is no room for children here.

Its a mess I take away that CV rockets as I got cofused by distance to camera, anyway managed to fire at POI with plasma, arty and rockets, what was the distance? It just wasnt shooting back.

I give up my investigation of this, its not worth it.

Ping may be a factor — one of perhaps many variables. But, not the only.

My ping to NA runs 17 - 30’ish, with a high speed fios connection, and others still see lag.

Glad to see this initially toxic post has finally had some useful contributions to it. Primarily from the king of Empyrion; Elfias! :slight_smile:

My two cents: Triple A have not and never will cheat, they are one of the most solid factions out there, and i could have said at the get-go (if i was around for the beginning of this post) that this is entirely a classic Eleon issue. We should all be MUCH more careful regarding accusations…Otherwise it leads to animosity all around.

And even worse, it gets the Rex turned around with all this drama and bs, let’s not kill the poor guy just as he has returned from vacation!

Best regards
Wise.

Appreciate the sentiment Wise. We don’t know AAA like you do. That said Juggoire was openly saying Rex was aware of the issue, and that he had already reported it to Rex. This turned out to be untrue. I have no issues with AAA as a whole, just Jugg who has been trolling and stirring up needless drama.

Drama started the moment you scream ‘exploit’ or ‘cheat’. Everything else is just fallout from that.

Thanks for your kind words, @Wiseman738 - it’s a whole different story with the guys over here - I’ve never experienced this level of salt anywhere! (It is kind of awesome getting some great SV fights though - much better than eu, but having seen certain people heading over, I’ve a feeling the relatively smooth gameplay will soon be disappearing) (and if they think we exploit… oh boy… if the ‘others’ arrive, they ain’t seen nothing yet!)

I dont remember starting off by saying exploit or you cheat. I asked you in chat how you were doing it, and you proceeded to mock and troll me in chat.

You then said you made Rex aware of the issue. As well as of course he needs to be aware of the issue because he setup the config file. That was all recorded in the video.

So if you dont like the way you are being treated, maybe you should stop acting condescending and childish. If you try being nice and respectful, people will give you the benefit of the doubt. If you act like a jerk, you get treated like one.