We’re all glad that a little more love was given to the RE server this season, it is the most populated half of the servers afterall, however there’s still a few glaring issues that need to be addressed that are relics from being ported from EU/NA vanilla hws -
1.GG is broken. the guilty teleport mechanic does not work as intended, it fires you off to random planets and then drags you back and keeps doing this in a confused buggy way, sometimes with your ship sometimes not.
the guilty mechanic itself is a relic that does not make sense in RE- would be far better to drop it, and replace it with just a simple SHOUT in the global chat when someone is entering the guilty area.
you do not need to artificially stop people leaving pvp anymore, they cannot warp when under fire since several version ago, all it does it take the fun away from the experience having to learn new chatbot command to type while underfire! terrible for player enjoyment, which should be the main focus of everything you do really when creating a server - is it fun? no? everyone hates it? then drop it. simple
suggestion:change guilty mechanic on GG to just a simple broadcast, no teleporting, no blockading retreat artificially.
- less urgent but worth mentioning: the amount of playfields, yes the extra adding of the one homeworld planet was nice, but nothing was really put on there to draw people to it. people wanted the vaired playfield worlds like iceworld lavaworld etc…although they could do with some better names :’)
which brings me onto point 3.
suggestion:add more pvp play fields, more verity.
- draw to pvp, there is nothing in the pvp sector to really draw an RE player to the planets, and only the bare minimum in the single space sector.
suggestion:- add traders that buy optronics and scrapyard traders that buy parts, add electronics factories, the ones that sell superconductors.
add the rich asteroids and dense ice asteroids to the space.
increase the amount of RP the pvp radar bases give everyday to 25 and have it go up by 5rp everyday the base remains operational, this will encourage people to build and defend real bases rather than just dropping down slabs of rock with radars inside.
you could also add the stronger indestructible poi that drop decent rewards, like quantiums.
- environment hazards - 700r radiation? 600c on the surface of eton? gold that sets you on fire? why are you doing this to people made sense on HWS eu/na a little because it was all set to extremes, including the healing, but not here, its just unfun here on RE, doesn’t add anything but frustration for players, and like I’ve said before, if something causes nothing but grief, it needs changing.
suggestion- take the values for an advanced armour with normal boosts in as a guide value to set your environmental variables against to make it so players have a fair chance of preparing themselves. even if it means they have to make a set of armour just for the job.
- events - we were told events were coming for a couple of seasons now, so far only one has appeared and that’s not quite working properly.
suggestion - deathmatch events, battle royal event, towerjump event and others all should all work on re, let me know if you need help adapting any models, I would strongly recommend asking people what they think would be appropriate rewards before setting them.
- the daily hardwipe of the pvp playfield - honestly this is just annoying, and it kinda scrubs out a lot of the ‘natural lore’ that would overwise develop. things despawn after 14days of being untouched anyway, and pvp battle field wrecks would draw in more players looking to salvage them.
suggestion: leave player structures and ships untouched.