Season feedback | Anti Grief and overall PvP

I don’t really like to play on HWS anymore. The battles I have been in have been just lag fest battles. Tonites battle ACP vs PKA + ? example of 3 FPS. I come in with a beefy sv, I manage to take a few potshots , land at our bases but due to lag couldn’t tell an enemy hv was right there, so I die, wait 2 minutes to log in. Respawn in one of our towers and managed to escape our over run bases. While escaping was kinda of fun because PKA had backed off a lil the lag became manageable.

So what could be done about this lag? Eliminate alliances, plain and simple. I know its a shame, I thought it was great when they added that feature but now after doing several seasons with large groups of allied factions fighting each other the lag just makes the game sooooo miserable to play.

Think about it , this game really handles maybe 4 vs 4 player battles, any more than that and the lag starts to get crazy. Alliances make it even crazier. Take Gold planet for example, PKA with their several factioned alliances(same for my faction ACP) Each faction putting 3 bases, now you have several dozen gun bases, dozens of HV’s and SV’s , plus all the terrain removal = horrendous lag.

Eliminate alliances and limit faction sizes to maybe 7-8 players, I think we will see battles that are actually fun.

Another suggestion: Gold planet make it so that no faction bases are allowed and that only sv’s and hv’s are allowed(hopefully after 8.0 sv’s can tow an hv down to planet

Another thing is the POI’s. I haven’t raided a POI since Rexxus put player guns on them making them super powerful and deadly. How about on starter planets poi’s set to normal.

And finally anti grief , probably the main reason I don’t like to play on HWS anymore. Anti grief is used by most servers to prevent people like me from digging under a base. Ok I get it but it would be nice to be able to use your drone and multi tool near a enemy base.

Some of the best battles I have been in were under ground in tunnels, its freakin fun, I miss it on HWS.
Once I was shot down over a enemy base(pre anti grief) I was able get out of my cockpit but still inside the sv and place a core down and fly away. Where as now if that happens, well you guys know , your dead.

So fine if you don’t want anyone digging near an enemy base, I can live with that but at least get the devs to get it so that we can use camera drone and the multi tool.

Nuff said…

2 Likes

I disagree on faction sizes because faction assets are limited to the same amount regardless of size. I think alliance size should be capped to prevent the abuse of going around faction caps by making smaller factions or allying any faction you come across stagnating PVP.

If you want a big alliance, it should be made of large factions that have limited in SV/HV/BA. It should not be made of infinite numbers of small factions with that same limit. This will make you plan out who your allies are and have some strategy put into managing larger factions (if you still want to play with a lot of people) and their limited vehicles in a combat scenario.

3 Likes

I remember you, so does @Supreme_Admiral and @Rlaw22 in our fog base. Don’t trust this guy, leave anti-grief as it is, he will spend hours to grief your base… Hey Zip how ya been :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t agree with the alliance faction thing though. I know all about the lag and can agree that it sucks and is the worst thing ever but unfortunately have to go with the mob on this one, just use an HV or CV if your rig can’t handle the FPS and/or the battle is too big. SVs are more fun and all but until the game is in better shape and can handle those big glorious battles we want to have we just have to deal with the lag or avoid the battles. We shouldn’t remove the option of a group of players type of enjoyment because it’s different than ours even if we really want to.

I don’t like big factions/alliances and wish they would all break apart but I don’t think there should be caps on them.

2 Likes

Only one abusing factions right now is you guys TAW.

DSI & SWA are TAW members in splinter factions to get more bases.

4 Likes

So you believe that a 40 person faction should have the same limits that a 4 person faction has?

This is not abuse, it is well within the server rules and was given the green light by Rexxxus himself. If you are going to claim “abuse” have a reason other than “I hate TAW”.

3 Likes

The factions currently on GG NA are ones that have been here for some time, even last season they were all allied factions. Why wasn’t this discussed a season ago?

3 Likes

@ZipSnipe

I already mentioned last season how I thought either faction sizes or alliance sizes (or both) should be limited, but was met with heavy resistance. Where were you then? Where was everyone then?

In the scenario you mentioned, you were at your own base, not near the rebel bases. You can hardly blame them for the lag. You even said that the lag subsided when the PKA tanks drove away. Doesn’t sound like faction/alliance numbers are what are affecting you.

@Alandauron

Yes, I definitely recall that base. When the market was broken, we’d run down into Zip’s hole, kill him and steal his drill, only to have him take more of his overpriced drills and charges off the market when he respawned to get them back in his inventory and continue drilling to our base. Anti-grief was designed expressly for players like @ZipSnipe

@TheState
State: “If you want a big alliance, it should be made of large factions that have limited in SV/HV/BA. It should not be made of infinite numbers of small factions with that same limit.”

Karu: “Only one abusing factions right now is you guys TAW. DSI & SWA are TAW members in splinter factions to get more bases.”

State: “This is not abuse, it is well within the server rules and was given the green light by Rexxxus himself.”

Hypocrisy alert!!!

@TacoIsland

You’re point is spot on. Last season we see a band of several factions cluster basing on GG where the lag is atrocious (when 10 bases per faction was the limit, not 3), and now that they no longer hold GG they are crying about exactly what they themselves did. Our bases aren’t even clustered. They’re spread apart rather spaciously.

If Rex wanted to alter this, he’d have done it last season when it was worse. In fact, you could say that he already addressed it with the base limitations. If you’re getting laggy on GG, it is because it is GG. It will always have upwards of 150 cores on it. That’s simply the nature of that playfield.

3 Likes

Welcome to an alpha game.

We have no control over factions / alliances hence we can’t change it in any way.

With Alpha 8 and manual base building the meta will change anyways.

You missed big loot then and if you can’t raid a player turret AI POI base, what are you doing against player bases? :thinking:
I think a Ninja game would be more appropiate for you :wink:

Starter planets have only Wreckages as POIs, no player turrets at all.

No time atm to search all of your other posts about that, either here or in the official eleon forum but everyone knows that you play only on servers where you can live your Ninja dream and grief other people by digging. Fun for you but not for others, old story.

However all I can say: Alpha 8 has a complete new Anti Grief system, everyone will like, I guess.

The only problem and change on GG which was not good is the “Global Limit for HVs + SVs”.
Cause the global limit is way too generous regarding this and you see 20+ HVs placed as Defence towers.

I don’t know if we change it before Alpha 8 again but it will changed for sure by then.

4 Likes

However all I can say: Alpha 8 has a complete new Anti Grief system, everyone will like, I guess.

The only problem and change on GG which was not good is the “Global Limit for HVs + SVs”.
Cause the global limit is way too generous regarding this and you see 20+ HVs placed as Defence towers.

I don’t know if we change it before Alpha 8 again but it will changed for sure by then.

As one of the bigger factions fighting i will vote for every single limit on GG and Arma. The global limit is insane. 20 HV´s are insane. I know. We have tryed it.

Still Sv´s arnt realy a problem…

Max members per faction = 1 and no alliances, just my 5cent towards the topic.

Quality > Quantity

Here he comes to ruin the thread!!!

7 Likes

I miss tunneling too and other things, never used it to grief, always made bases on bedrock so I couldn’t have it collapse, I’ve tunneled in bases wich were perfectly defended against this. Devs were unable to fix camera exploit letting you see everything underground so they fixed it like the turret shooting through terrain, they removed possiblity to put turrets under initial layer and there is still no fix for this.

The only thing to remove lag is to limit max weapons and turrets again. You can have 21 weapons and/or turrets shooting at the same time, in a 4v4, that’s 168. Even game with more players don’t have that much shooting, you can play battlefield on a 64 player server and see much less shots at the same time.
Autoturrets are only fine in PvE, there will always be absurd lag because of them and I don’t think you want your builds limited to just a few turrets.

Two solutions, very limited max autoturrets or no limits but automation removed.

1 Like

Double the damage on all turrets and half the amount?

Would have to double the damage and halve the fire rate on all weapons for all structures.

I would prefer no automation and no limit on weapons/turrets, halving max turrets isn’t enough, you’re still above the maximum shooting objects, it wouldn’t decrease lag, just get less turrets waiting their turn.

We should remove the cannon turret, it doesn’t add anything to the machinegun, we get 46/2 - 6 = 17 max turrets, we should also decrease number of mounted weapons to the max 21 shooting objects so 4 of each type. We have now zero useless turret but no improvement on lag, if you don’t shoot mounted weapons it’s just 20% less shooting. You add another vessel to the battlefield and it’s negated.

Decreasing fire rate make weapons and turrets not satisfying to use.

That’s why I prefer no automation, you put as much turret as you want on your ship, they are just spare turrets. When flying without brakes you take control of a turret to shoot, go back to pilot seat, etc… Turrets would be much more powerful since one turret = one player. You could have a base turret with very long range and damage negating sniping turrets (same range, same active players). There would be much more visibility on the battlefield and much less lag, it would allow different play styles, soloing your ship or flying with a gunner crew (up to 21).

Of course it will make passive base attack/defence impossible, you’ll have to be there unless you are disconnected and offline protection is activated.
A very big change.

I would remove cannon turret and flak just to give machine gun flak projectile with ballistic, greatly increase range and damage, let turret hp low since you could have dozen of them.

I’ve read devs could add free mouse targeting with grouped weapons, allowing to shoot all your mg at once manually at your target. It will happen. The PVE mechanics we struggle with aren’t adapted for a PVP game, all the problems we have are related to turret automation. This game need different mechanics for multiplayer pvp servers and solo/coop.

1 Like

What we need are explosive rail gun turrets.

1 Like

I completely disagree, Taco. Game needs automated watermelon catapults.

2 Likes

No, we are looking at this all wrong. This video will explain it to all:

Atomic baby launcher ftw!!

2 Likes

the new PKA recruits being trained in the new hover vessel technology.
would you like to know more?
join us on Discord.

2 Likes

You assume that digging is griefing? Its just a tactic of Empyrion warfare, especially with over powering base guns that make player on the ground fighting near impossible unless you are in a oversized vessel.

Right now HWS limits the warfare to vehicle fighting or base sniping. But actual player vs player is very very rare.

Sorry its just that I long for HWS to be what it used to be. The glorious underground fights, breaking into a base and fighting player vs player.

I miss SWP and their tricky bases designed to fight against digging, it was great.

Yes Rexxus I know digging causes I don’t know what percentage of server lag but it would be nice to be able to use the camera drone at a poi or enemy base plus the multitool to fix our own ships.

Now maybe we could tie the radar dish to anti grief that would be great too. Have anti grief zones as long as the radar dish is up, maybe give it a high hit points. If possible?

And yes I am a Ninja !!!

2 Likes