Season feedback | Anti Grief and overall PvP

I’m excited to announce that you as community helped the game to progress for everyone :slight_smile:

Initially @mcprouty suggested the idea of an “Anti Grief Device”.

I instantly saw the potential but waited for the right moment.

grafik

With the trigger of @Booyaah in the official forum ( https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-8-0-part-i.37392/page-2#post-231204 ) , the Dev saw it and we talked about it again.

We addressing in the next patch all problems now :slight_smile:

1. If you crash in an enemy Anti Grief Zone you will be able to place some components such as Cockpit, Thruster etc. to be able to leave again (adjustable in the Config which blocks / device can be placed)

2. We will have the possibility to deactivate Anti Grief for an entire playfield

3. Or, best of all, we can decide per playfield if it should respect this new Anti Grief Device. And as suggested, it ONLY works above the terrain and not burried.
    This will create a new immersion to fight for bases or / and protect this device with your life. Otherwise some Ninjas @ZipSnipe will drill all your base out :smiley:

I hope this will make everyone happy and with your feedback later on we can create very nice and dynamic playfields!

Thanks and you see, your feedback has sometimes way more impact than you think :wink:

7 Likes

I strongly suggest that antigrief area is also extended with this so that attack bases cannot be build in firing distance or all pvp is only hand build

1 Like

Read the patch notes in EXP: there is no max. limit anymore and zones can’t overlap anymore.
My first idea was to set it to 350m which means 350 * 2 = 700m from one base to another.
But building bases by hand is coming too on certain playfields.

3 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: Id love to see combat evolve with this mechanic to something a little more than a test of who can dig deeper and stay online longer. Thanks for the shoutout btw :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The way I read it in patch notes is that you CAN put a base closer to the enemy base like now, but you will not “overlap” your Anti-grief zone into the enemy area… which means they will still be able to build to the edge of their Build Zone, closer to your structure than 350m possibly.

Nope.

Each base has the blue AG square and is only allowed adjascent. Nothing can overlap.

So your AG square is now taken into account when placing your base so they basically doubled AG zones for everyone.

Depending on the values you choose for the server, this could rightfully end base on base combat.

Granted, if this is how you wish to proceed with the server, I understand and we will adapt and overcome!

Edit: I still do not believe this to be the case but it will be tested thoroughly on EXP.

“AG zones cannot overlap, thus you cannot “claim” the area of someone else by placing a base next to him. You’ll just reduce your own area.” - From the Patch Notes

exactly.

While I will always be the “Driver” I can’t reach the destination without a car - you, the community :wink:
So as I wrote: feedback is always appreciated.

I think before people know about the new AG they liked the idea of building bases by hand to stop this “Attack Base out of Pocket” meta.
So overall this meta isn’t that good and only ~2% of players liked it.

In the end we have now tons of decisions to make because a lot is possible now.

I still think building bases on hot PvP planets from scratch block by block is fun and encourage good coordination.
Maybe an idea of mine comes handy too then which was roughly called “HWS Real Estate”.
Real Estate you can buy or apply to be an Real Estate Agent, getting some credits out of that “hard” job… dunno yet :wink:

Hmm yeah, the last sentence could be left out.

If only they created some sort of limit so taht building underneath bedrock is disabled, any block/core would just sit on top and placing structures that go under that limit would collapse off right away, no invincible bases then, because I had thought plasma cannons could dig into terrain

I’m very happy to have solved a year+ problem within 2 days man! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So once this device is blown up, Anti grief and no build zone goes away?

Exactly. Can be configured for certain playfields.
If this device is destroyed you better build a new one or get visitors from below

1 Like

Now to get rid of OLP and we’ll be golden.

At least on the critical PVP playfields. If you want to build on GG, be ready to defend it, not build and log out for the night on the green wall in hopes of catching people with render bugs.

1 Like

My understanding under 8 — olp activation will consider alliances. Everyone in alliance will have to be logged off, not just the faction members.

1 Like

If that is true, that is a huge penalty to alliances. If your partners don’t treat your bases like their own.

As I said often, even if we had the same option as we have for AG now to only allow OP for certain playfields, on HWS this isn’t going well, as we know already because CSW.

You answered it yourself already:

If you are offline you CAN’T defend your base. It would turn automatically into PvE and since the turret logic is dumb as cookie it is in the end no defense at all.

But yes, @SwissSteel1 said it already that this is a big solution to the “Blue shield wars”.

Some call it penalty, some call it “finally”. The alliance system in Empyrion is not good anyways and you can create a faction whenever you want, for free and without thinking. This will be changed in the future but should not be known as a good thing immersion wise.

And regarding Alliances in PvP it should be natural to only have Alliances you trust and they would fight for / with you as well.

Or to simply put it: the Alliances we have now are only used for one or two reasons everyone knows here in the room.

1 Like

It changes the meta certainly. It will encourage more thought before allying. Being a small, one man faction allied with many other factions ---- may not be as attractive. Same for large.

It means the end of olp towers of one (3 or more member) logged out allied faction protecting the bases of allied factions that are still logged in.

I suspect, the overall number of allies any one faction has will go down. May even see more individuals want to member into a larger faction.

This is all good imo.

1 Like

I hope your right.

But you are quite likely to see people abusing the splinter faction rule (which is just a stupid rule no offense @RexXxuS)

People won’t need OLP when their faction splits & allies all of each other and have 10x the amount of bases they are supposed to have.

what happens if this device is destroyed and then someone put ready spawn base around near with his own devices, can defender put new one as now attacker is allready build too near his own and it would overlap. Would it now make that defender cant possible do nothing in his base ?

While this is a lazy, egoistic and rude intention it is technically possible, yes. Nothing we can do game wise to stop it.
However with HWS 8 we want to introduce some new features to at least benefit bigger factions with RP, etc. In general giving benefits to active, loyal players.
To be announced.

4 Likes