Season feedback | Anti Grief and overall PvP

This just shows how little you pay attention to your surroundings.
I was down in the tunnel you were digging with a tunnel snake (small sv made to fit through tunnels)

Yes, but the comment was guns cannot fire underground. That is incorrect. I would guess direct fire guns can fire down there.

And in all honesty, my digger has a 15mm minigun on it to kill animals with. So, if someone actively comes after it, it’s dead.

Turrets do not fire if they are below the terrain. Any other weapons however will. Been that way for some time.

Sentry guns still do dont they? Including underwater.

Ofc cant put those on a HV though. Used to back in 4.

Just sentry, but I don’t consider them turrets, more like, an annoyance. Not enough damage to really matter.

They used to be more powerful when they had a faster ROF. Think I saw a surprising table where 8 sentries firing did more damage per minute than any other max amount turret types.

They do have a higher DPS than minigun, but the range is too short to be effective other than for close up encounters or predators. Minigun turrets in the current meta is nothing more than a sponge to keep the other turrets alive longer.

Glad to see some things are being addressed, especially things that caused me and my friends who played here on empyrion to stop playing.

I am sure things have changed in the several months, maybe more, since I last played here but the server pretty much came down to 2 alliance factions, and it was boring. pvp on the planets was also boring due to of the offline protected tower bases on planets that were only there to cheese around the base limit rule.

I hope these will be addressed for the new patch, since I have been playing on the experimental servers and the new patch looks awesome, and the best patch since the game came out.

cheers ! hope to see you all soon when the patch goes live

2 Likes

If turret ranges and rates of fire were changed to range x 3 and rate / 3. With the same damage numbers, would that allow for better interaction for bases and cvs versus hv and sv? This of course assumes you don’t have garage ship using cv armor on a sv. This means that the cv when it hits the sv will probably kill it, but should have a hard time hitting a maneuvering sv. Also, no sv should ever tank a cv turret.

What reasons? By not having guns fire underground anymore, one of the best aspects of Empyrion has been taken out of the game. Underground fights are fun, some of the best battles I have seen were underground. Sure I know guns were easily placed next to a mountain where they could clip into the mountain and shoot through the mountain. I think having guns not fire underground was a easy fix, but sadly it took fun out along with it.

Awe come on Supreme , you have to admit that was fun, and it took you guys several deaths before you got me.
Yeah I admit if it wasn’t for the broken market I would have never gotten into that base. That was definitely the best base in Empyrion all time. And just for the record I only wanted to steal loot, 'ole Darkside lived up to his name and just started thrashing your base, I was gonna leave it like it was , it was so darn nice.

Back to antigrief, it just plain sucks, the main part is not being able to use your drone, I can barely live with the not digging but the not using your drone because of antigrief is crappy

PS !!! I know 2 months late, been busy as hell !!!

As you said yourself: the reports we had about “got shot out of the sky from underground” were more than some few fun reports. Hence I just decided by that.
The fix was a hard one but until the terrain render engine isn’t capable to keep up with turret calculation there is nothing we can do unfortunately.