Send Bug reports HERE

Interesting. Not sure its “in view” either as i was able to spawn two SV’s whole trying to see if that would cause it to render. No dice, and both SV’s came out whole.

The plot thickens.

Check this out –

I noticed today that it ONLY manifests if i’m adding blocks to the RIGHT SIDE…

Obviously, this SV was made with Symmetry on. Wondering if this has an impact…

VIDEO:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai0BnRG0AFfig0pMNyW1NVbns8I4

1 Like

Very nice… is it reproducable every time?

Every single time. Come on by the scrap yard and have a whirl if youlike.

I have this latest BP model right at the point where if i add ONE MORE block to the right side with a triangle count > 10 or so i will start to derender. Left side does nothing to the rendering.

ok i come to you in a minute

Hop, wild theory, is your compass normal in atmo when flying that ship?

Thanks I could reproduce it and send it to the devs

1 Like

Aweseom - I was going to add – i did NOT have that problem in Creative.

I think it waas – I used it to cruise arma to try to throw it against some guns, but foudn none, used the map often.

Ok so I think your “right” side may well be the front of the ship. The compass gets messed up if you place the cockpit in a different direction from the original orientation when you placed the starter block. Thats good though, it makes more sense that the front or back would mess up first than the left or right side. Kinda. But regardless, its wierd that it only happens on one side regardless. I havent tested too much, any time I got close to that point we always scrapped the thing we were working on and went back a few versions to try and cut down on triangles

I’ll go test this now… I dont remember changing the direction of teh ship - I built it from scratch and i recall building this specifically as a long narrow t-frame to start.

TEsted, compass worked perfectly fine in orbit. No issues at all.

When i build Symmetry i usually build with an XY (left/right) mirror, so it would stand to reason if there is a relation to Symmetry, this may be a factor… Depending on how you do it.

1 Like

Same Issue as above. Thought I had just hit some triangle limit I wasn’t aware of on a class 3 SV. Front right de-render after adding blocks to repair damage from yesterday. Cannot place blocks where de-render happens like blocks are there but invisible. Front definitely front. Happened in creative for me too. Maybe report at Elion?

Pug 1 32820047 playfield and location omitted 0 165338 3 false 1548 2 01:50 109 2089 false

1 Like

After deleting 22 blocks in center of ship - right side blocks render and are back

Wow ok thats actually not a very high triangle count. And the right side thing is still interesting, but i dont know if we can do anything with that info without access to the source code. But I am wondering if instead of overall triangles like we thought, it is Density of the triangles. Too many Triangles in a small area. Should be easy to test. Lop off half of that sv, extend a line in a direction 50 something blocks, then add back enough blocks to get to that triangle number on the first screenshot.

@hopskotch do you remember if when you built in symmetry mode you were placing on the right side or the left? Could it be an order of placement issue, or symmetry placed blocks handled differently somehow?

Good questions McP,

I used to use symeytry mode from both sides constantly as I deleted blocks and went to the other side to delete the opposite block (before I learned CTRL clocking). Now I think for this SV I probably stayed more on the Left (from the rear view) than on the right, but I’m confident I would have used both sides. I also turned symmetry off a couple times so I could fly it around and feel it out, parked it and did more tinkering.

I will say they the triangles are fairly dense, with a majority of 6-ways concentrated around critical systems and then pyramids and 1/4 circle pieces (can’t remember the names) taking the majority of the rest of the SV. Almost no full blocks and regular slopes doing a lot of skinning.

I will say that in my prep for Jascha and the video, I can add 100 6 ways to the left and no derendering. I add one 6 way to the right and my wing reliable begins to derender a few blocks at a time. I can use other blocks with less efficacy, but same pattern.

I tested it in single player with the same problem… So it cant be about the total triangle count.
But the devs could reproduce it too. So they will fix it hopefully for 6.0.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Nice!!!

One thing that could be a red herring, @Jascha - I haven’t been DCing much at my yard as I scrap and things lately. But after I put this in it’s derendered state and parked it on my yard, I’ve had about a dozen or more.

Could be coincidental, but may have some relation.

1 Like

PS does that earn me a “i helped squash bugs in 6.0” bumper sticker for my SV?