Small unofficial survey to help A.F.T get a feel of what everyone is thinking about game balance

Think or vote… Possible turrets range for BA to prevent easy sniping…

I think your math is a bit off or our understandings of how we are calculating our percentages is different.

For reference, stock vs HWS:

So HWS the dmg of 135s was increased by 139 or 139/211=65% dps increase

RoF from 30 to 16 rpm, a change of 14. 14/30=47% dps nerf

Chamber reload up from 8 to 10 sec…lets just say thats a 5% dps nerf.

By these numbers, homing rockets got maybe a 12% dps buff…so the changes almost cancelled out overall. What you need to consider is SV are the only vehicle that have to manually aim, so throw in a bit of lag with the reduced RoF and missing 135s really hurts SV dps unlike HV/BA/CV that mostly has guaranteed auto hits unless you’re gonna assume a SV pilot always has 100% accuracy.

Overall balance? SV vs BA or CV? Is bringing back the old SV homing rocket RoF really going to break that balance? On Homeworld/GG I believe homings have 370m range. If you go in to try and ‘snipe’ out some BA turrets in actual range most of the time the SV comes out of that looking like this once an Arty or two lands:

I think you look at this change too much in a vacuum by itself. When you compare the buffs to BA…+50% dmg increase to most turrets, 25-50% range increase, no RoF nerf, 2x-3x the hp on BA turrets, what SV got was really nothing in comparison.

SV vs HV balance is not much of a concern…HV lands some homings, SV lands some homings, then the SV disengages when he wants to and goes back and repairs, it is pretty much a stalemate most of the time.

So my argument is that homing rocket RoF only primarily affects SV vs SV combat still stands IMO. ppl in this poll were asking for faster SV vs SV combat and to me that is the best way to achieve this. What I’m asking for is really only a minor tweak in the grand scheme of things.

I’ll give up on 130s for now…even though I still don’t like it.

Thing is if you buff Sv homing you have to buff all the other sv weapons aswell otherwise we end up like last season where everyone only uses homing.

What do you mean last season? You have never been able to reliably lead non homing weapons against another SV that is moving, they are pretty much the only weapons that have ever been able to do reliable damage to other SVs…I don’t especially prefer gats shooting straight through armor to devices. The only thing they could do for other weapons would be buff the projectile speed to make them easier to hit, but I’m fine with sticking with homings because they have decent enough splash. I’d rather not get into the ‘lets make everything homing’ meta honestly…

1 Like

Yes, all SV weapons except homing rockets need a projectile speed boost.

I’d like to see all SV weapons play a role in combat, so each one would have an ‘almost instantaneous’ hit range. The closer you have to be for instantaneous hit range the higher the damage. The farther the instantaneous hit range the lower the damage.

Example: Plasma, IT Hit Range - 100m, damage - 600
Pulse: IT Hit Range - 350m, damage - 40

Or something like that. (I’m just pulling random numbers from my head, not suggesting these be the actual values)

1 Like

I don’t think everything should be instantaneous otherwise there isn’t any difficult to use weapons, but those that are difficult to land need to have really huge dps so those who can aim really well can do some massive damage.

Completly WRONG. Stock DMG - 160-175 REAL . My config DMG - 340-360 REAL. For heavy armore more than 500 DMG.

Read it for understanding - HWS Config

P.S. You always can check it… stock in SP and HWS confin on HWS server.

1 Like

P.S. to ALL… I see you completely flying “in the skyes” or just do not read what i writing

here: 2.Change speed for all NON projectle weapons shells\rockets (pulse lasers, 15mm, 30mm). But with some limitation. For examlpe - for SV rockets we cant make more than 235 m\s - because after it rockets may do not hit the target (game just cant calculate it on server)

here : HWS Config

And at the end… Lest sit on the beach and talking before make a long run swim ok?

1. We will continue playing with HWS config and you try to find “big holes” in the balance and tell it to me and i try to fix it (with limited opportunities) working close with RexXxuS. And now i just use my time to try to fix the major problem COME FROM alpha 7.3 - kill the player in cockpit by lagsoots (blast damage now ignore the cockpit and hit the player like in older versions). And try polish the balance…

2. We start to mind and wtire all sorts of good ideas and trash ideas…suffer from logshoots from a SV machine gun and overal lags from shots of the two bases, eternal fights on CV - on standard config.

3. You cooperate (you are know this game and config more and more better than i’am - i see) and try to make your own perfect amazing config. But i start just playing in Empyrion with calm.

why you want to change flak to the lowest range? that would kill the entire flak purpose imo. flak should have the second highest range. its supposed to be like that, it doesn’t do as much damage as the others but has big splash. ( thats the purpose of a flak even in RL) its meant to do that. sure is basesniping with a small flak base kind of mean. but its part of the game. i think the real issue is having no offline protection at place. its called pvp not player vs offline base anyways. for the rest i’d say adapt to the new changes and learn a new strategy and new building layouts. thats what its about, not change it all back so you antique layouts and taktiks still work. but thats just my opinion

2 Likes

I Disagree if u look at the servey it clearly states that people are happy with SV performance which is fantastic news. why would u want to change the thing that is the only subject evryone agrees on lol.

however what your sugestion whould sertainly help newcomers or those that are not to good at SV PvP.

the bigest problem in the game at the moment is the one that AFT is working on, so lets try to give him a chance to sort that out first.

1 Like

Sort of - they think SV blocks are fine, but also think SV fights should be 5 minutes. With the current state of SVs fights are often over 10 or more minutes, sometimes lasting longer. In order to make fights shorter either blocks have to have less HP or weapons have to hit more.

Or players have to build smaller ships, or gain better skills and land more hits, but I think maybe we need to have a proper test period before we come back to it again like 1 month see if we really need weaker sv’s. It can be done but it’ll cause ton’s of complaining from everyone and its better that A.F.T. gets everything else to a good balance before making such drastic change’s.

Last night I used my SV to draw base fire away from a HV for 20 - 30 seconds and still managed to fly away - IMO that means SVs are too tough - and that SV is a third of the size as some.

Well might as well go for transparency since most people on this server are pretty intelligent and will be able to understand better with proper info.

Ok think of it this way, Sv and Hv both share small block s and hardened steel block s, if you are to lower the tank of sv you will be lowering the tank of hv as well, if you where to remove one of these blocks for sv and only have it for hv then every player in the game will have to change their sv design’s in creative before being able to spawn them in game since they will go red, also every sv already spawned in game will not be flyable and p menu will not work you have to salvage them all, this is not something everyone can handle, some will do it with ease some will complain and threaten to leave the game because they are lazy and some will just find it difficult or undo-able and helping 177 different people manually is not something admins or a few people can do. This is not really a change for now its more of a change for when everything else is working fine and it can be tackled by itself as its one of the more game breaking potential changes.

Its probably best handled on a fresh server start, when no one has spawned anything yet and has to redesign their ships anyways to handle the changing meta.

I agree there, SV/HV should have separate blocks.

@A.F.T

All of the discussion aside I wanted to thank you for taking all this time to work on this config, I understand how much work and frustration such a thing can be.

1 Like

ACP i would say we could masivly avoid having to have big thread fests like this one just by, if you find a exsploit or somthing that gives a unfair advantage just call it in. and we will all probably thank you for it.

i am i little perplexed that you are all thanking AFT for taking turet exspliot away and you undertand his frustration that has been created by it?.
the mixing of blocks is totaly fine because we all have the abillity to get them, it also gives depth to the game.
i think finaly the game is moving in the right direction and server wide serveys will only improve it. i think any major change should go up to a vote!.

Its not an exploit, manned turrets have always had longer range. Im thanking AFT because he is dumping numerous hours of his time into developing a config file.

Also we report all exploits found immediately to Rex, we do not share them with other players.