Small unofficial survey to help A.F.T get a feel of what everyone is thinking about game balance

Thanks for taking the time to fill out this long survey always nice knowing what people want, feel but as always even if something is highly voted for it might not be changed due to cause and effect of other balance issue’s.

Also feel free to leave any open if your not sure.

What do you prefer: (will give an accurate account of ratio of who answered the following questions)

• PvE
  • PvP

0 voters

1 being bad, 10 being perfect.

How well do you rate Sv vs Sv combat on a scale of 1 to 10

0 voters

How long do you feel a Sv vs SV fight should be in a 1v1?

• 5minutes
  • 10minutes
  • 15minutes
  • 20minutes

0 voters

How well do you rate Hv vs HV combat on a scale of 1 to 10

0 voters

How long do you feel a Hv vs Hv fight should be in a 1v1?

• 5minutes
  • 10minutes
  • 15minutes
  • 20minutes

0 voters

How well do you rate CV vs CV combat on a scale of 1 to 10

0 voters

How long do you feel a Cv vs CV fight should be in a 1v1?

• 10minutes
  • 15minutes
  • 25minutes
  • 35minutes

0 voters

What do you prefer?

• Balancing done behind the scene’s. (slow)
  • Having the changes in the main file so that everyone is a apart of the testing and seeing how everything is changing and having some say in the changes. (faster)

0 voters

How do you feel about manual fire.

• All guns should have manual fire.
  • Manual fire should be removed from only long ranged Ba weapons for balance purposes.
  • Manual fire should be removed from all Ba weapons to make sure no exploit is possible.

0 voters

How do you feel about CV maneuverability.

• Cv blocks should be heavier and thruster’s limited to reduce Cv maneuverability a lot more.
  • Cv blocks should be heavier and thruster’s limited to reduce Cv maneuverability a little more.
  • Cv’s are fine as they are.

0 voters

How do you feel about SV maneuverability.

• Sv blocks should be heavier and thruster’s limited to reduce Sv maneuverability a lot more.
  • Sv blocks should be heavier and thruster’s limited to reduce Sv maneuverability a little more.
  • Sv’s are fine as they are.

0 voters

How do you feel about the survivability of thrusters and cockpit on SV

• I feel I can place cockpit and thrusters on the outside without being at a disadvantage.
  • I feel it’s way better to have thruster and cockpit inside the ship.
  • I feel thruster and cockpit is too strong and people will make ships only with thruster/cockpit as armor.

0 voters

How do you feel about having special blocks that are extremely expensive as pimp my ride options.

• Will be too imbalanced.
  • Will be nice to have.
  • Will cause too much of a divide between the rich and the poor.

0 voters

How do you feel special blocks should be different

• More Tanky (more hp)
  • More Resistant (blast damage reduction)
  • More Light weight ) (More agility and faster change in momentium)

0 voters

How do you feel about Base autofire range vs Sv’s and Hv’s

• Balanced.
  • Base needs more range.
  • Base needs less range.

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall dps of a BA

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall dps of a CV

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall dps of a SV

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall dps of a HV

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall tank of a BA

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall tank of a CV

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall tank of a SV

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

How do you feel about the overall tank of a HV

• Good Balance
  • Too high
  • Too low

0 voters

Thanks.

With regard to Manual fire. Removing it not only removes a function of the game but also leave the player at the mercy of the AI, Not to mention that it cuts down the range of the weapons as AI dont range as far as the player can. Add to that how easy it is to confuse the AI with 2 ships in 2 directions and the BA defender is at the disadvantage.

I dont get why everyone with this game thinks a BA should be so weak. A moving ship should always be much weaker due to the stress that would be on the frame. If the nerfing of bases continues then what is their point?

Also I dont think HWS should completely remove any feature of the game. This is an Alpha game and all features that are not broken need to remain in the game so that bugs and issues can be found reported and fixed. HWS is back on top and seems to have the most contact with Eleon we are not helping if we start to disable game features.

If the point of removing Manual fire is to prevent exploits then Docking SV should be removed as well. Tackling is a much more common exploit you always hear about over BA manual fire issues.

Bases were buffed in 7.5. This survey is just here to get a feel of what people’s opinions are. I think the general thought is that bases aren’t ‘quite strong’ enough yet.

1 Like

This is what colin posted earlier showing manual fire + flak https://youtu.be/FpHl3gLqo8c, hence why the option to only remove manual fire on the exploitable towers if players still want the option of manually using turrets to increase base defense possibilities, also it would only be temporary as Eleon might only fix this issue in 12.0.

I sure would like to see some video of PvP(using the config pre Friday and post Friday) from some of the voters who are outside of RED, ACP, HPG, TAW, OP4, TPP, NFA. The EU guys will have to post who they know has done all these different kinds of PvP since the most recent and the current config as of Friday.

I’d hate to see this poll skewed by people who haven’t even done PvP in 7.5 let alone all the different types listed.

Please please have done PvP on the server in a live environment against real enemies. If you haven’t please go do before you vote. If you don’t you are an uninformed voter and will really HURT the progress of the config changes.

2 Likes

This is only a guide to see how people feel and to see what needs more focus, by no means would only doing what is most voted bring the best PvP configuration possible.

So far I see some disparity between stuff, such as the scores out of 10 as people have put good balance for some stats below for the same type of ship xD so obviously people are voting 1 even thou there is only small things they want changed to bring it back to balance instead of 6 or 7.

But you will always get those people that vote lowest possible to bring a lot more focus onto something, which is not a bad thing but a bit inaccurate.

Manual firing turrets for that ‘extra’ range has been a thing in every version of the game, flaks just are the new arty for sniping now.

Personally, I’d like them to tie a HVs guns to manual fire so there’s more skilled involved in using them.

Just because something has always been doesn’t mean it should stay ^_^.

Ranzeth i understand you like and want to keep Flak range turrets, but think of this!

I log on spend two hours building a base with lots of mats on Golden Globe, then i have real life stuff to go and do so i log off. Because ofline protection has a 25min cooldown it gives you 25 min to destroy a base with flak
sniping, and we both know you only need 10-15mins. this in my opinion is unbalanced and gives a unfair advantage to anyone who adopts this system.

I sugest we nerf manual fire on Flak and Arty, or increace the griefing range. if this is not changed it is going to
be like wakamo!! and compleatly pointless building bases around people that adopt this method of PvP if it can be called that. at the moment i personally am not going to waste my time spawning bases in for people to remove them at ease with a flak turet this needs rebalanced.

i am not going to post anything else on this matter, Androniko if your involved with Dev of HWS please could you see this has a fair adress and thanks again for posting the the servey. i agree that voting can be abscure, but it is a rough gide to what the appetite of a group is.

I want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

2 Likes

I’m not involved it’s purely up to Rex and A.F.T. but they make the right call.

IMHO.

1. We cant make HV more tanky without make the SV too (use the same devices (most) blocks). But we can make overal HP of the small blocks a little more.

2. BA\CV turrets. Make long ranged turrets (flaks, pulse lasers) not accessible to remove the long range BA sniping. But keep it for other heavy turrets (arty plasma rocket) and light (15, 30mm)

3. Overal DPS\Tanky for BA and CV. We must do not forget about balance BA vs CV in the space too. I really want new option if the config from devs to separate all weapons stats for planet and space.

WHAT WE CAN DO: (who do not want or cant understand how config is works)

1. Change range for all weapons. Change range for all bullets\ammo (even if weapons range less - AI use weapon range.)

2. Change speed for all NON projectle weapons shells\rockets (pulse lasers, 15mm, 30mm). But with some limitation. For examlpe - for SV rockets we cant make more than 235 m\s - because after it rockets may do not hit the target (game just cant calculate it on server)

3. Add\change bullets spread for 15mm 30mm weapons. Not for pulse lasers.

4. Change Damage, blast damage, blast damage range (AOE), and all damage and AOE multipliers for all types of the materials, (For example thrusters it is metalhard material)

5. Change weapon\turret reloading time, ammo capacity, rate of fire, number of ammo in the stacks

6. Turrets - rotation speed

7. Devices - HP, material from what it made.

8. Blocks - HP. Material we can change too… but there is no any other variants… Hull - SV\HV, Steelarmored - hull\ hardness steel, Steelcombat - combat hull blocks, concrete - all concrete blocks, Alien - alien blocks.

9. Thrustes and RCS - HP, force, power consumption.

10. Weight for all weapons\turrets\devices.

11. Craft time and craft cost to all.

12. Player armor and boosters stats (exept number of slots to keep the CSW is working -maybe) - already done and waiting its time (by Androniko1 with some my tune.)

13. hand weapons starts (but better do not do it with common weapons)

14. Alien weapons turrets\ drones \ monsters - HP, damage and etc.

something else maybe… but vodka call me!

1 Like

What you all stick to it Flaks? Before config we can make it by atry. And even faster. Do not want BA sniping (I AM TOO! I want blocked it from the config start - in my minds) But i only make an offer. I am not decide.

p.s. No one can make much better (maybe little different) with now settings in the config. Or just roll back and takes tons of lags again. Whoever said but we have less lags with it ROF and DMG.

1 Like

Sorry but to take Manual fire out of the game at all is wrong. Bases should and always remain strong and manual fire makes it so people can not sit out of AI turret range where they can scout and plan. Also again confusing AI turrets is not hard.

Still I am one voice and as Dreadstar stated no enough experienced people voting. So that said I hope that Rex will not allow more change without at least 50% of the server population involved. Already noticing in PVE that SV has been seriously nerfed. Just seems that this config is allowing for butchering the game not bettering it.

For the record to not be confused. This current config has made the game 100% better compared to the Eleon stock config.

1 Like

Agreed 100% Dreadstar.

If you look at any process that needs approval from multiple people before anything can be done you will find that things that should take 1 day take 2 months, this can be seen in most government things -_- so no I do not agree with you dawg.

My 2 cents about SV vs SV combat as someone who does a lot. Right now SV battles are drawn out more because of the decreased RoF (and by decreased I mean waiting longer) of 135s and somewhat 130s in both the waiting for next shot and full chamber reload. I spend more time backing out waiting for chamber reloads than I do actually fighting, it is not fun. This is compounded by the fact that if you switch to start reloading a 2nd weapon a mere half second before it finishes chambering, the reload does not go through and you have to start all over…

My suggestion is to put the homing RoF timings back to what they were pre-patch (2 sec?). Also 130s feel real bad, I am fine with the range change, but the chamber of 6 feels too low and the reload timings on them are horrendous. Would be nice if they could chamber 15 rockets.

All the others rail, plasma, pulse, and gatling feel fine right now.

On the other issue on the SV tankiness…Rexxus is gonna need to stop selling SVs with CV RCS/thrusters if you don’t want ppl building huge blocky monsters because they can replace the extra 150 devices they don’t need with more blocks. Stock SV tankiness is fine if not a tad bit underwhelming against base fire.

1 Like

So…for server it is not work (my trying to make range the same for manual and auto fire)…Every turret have some advantage from manual fire…and i cant fix it by config setting…BUT! i figure out some new thing!

After 1.5 hours test on HWS…I know that:

1.Every turret have their own manual fire range buff…The most buff for arty… So we cant make in most ranged turret if we want push the BA sniping to minimum…

2.For example High Tower and turrets on top have a little more range. (+5-10m). But range for BA tag counts from the center of the structure. So sometimes player have wrong imagination about real range to the target up to 100m.

3.We can make range for all turets with one goal… make overal range the same to prevent some sniping… So you cant freely use sniping when you have only 5m safe zone…

p.s. Need more time to think about it and prepare some calculations… because atmo density matters…

2 Likes

Just makes life more hard even for PVE players…But it is more FUN…(not my idea :wink:) Now you need make the effort even in PVE…

p.s. Just attack POI with human turrets from the top of the skyes! :wink: do not tell the others!

I agree with it but not agree too. Because if i start asking for every little chages…I waste all my life for it. It is not so easy it is make work more slower. Or you need fly\fight\build and etc and leave you feedback… When we see that something have too many votes or feedbacks we change it. But little things and some hot fixes sometime need make fast…

p.s. To all HWS community - I am not working for the HWS community, you do not pay me. I am volunteer and just want make my favorite game better and help HWS server how i can (and i make it based on your desires - less ROF less lags and etc - for my own use i wil be make more and more different config) and yeah i want eat sometimes, sleep, playing in Empyrion too. And even drop the shitsnacks once per day at least. :joy:

1 Like

Overal balance… Even with SV…Not only SV vs SV… SV vs HV vs BA. Homing have +85% to shoot delay but +150% to damage…And rockets… It is heavy missiles with most damage (most damaged weapon for SV) to kill CV, BA, HV… Because of that you have more reloading time and less ammo.

What 130 s?