Small unofficial survey to help A.F.T get a feel of what everyone is thinking about game balance

I hope we defeate some major problems with balance in the config. But we have two things what need our little attention.

It is a little AG zone surface damage sometimes (i know how to fix it - just need give some time for more tests for the devs - for they new AG in alpha 8)

Damage to players through blocks (SV\HV cockpit lagshoots came from alpha 7.3 and some others “ghost” damage). Yesterday i make some 7-hours tests - researches. I try ALL possible things in the config… And for our happiness i know from what it come - 100%. But sadly i CANT fix it by now config. We need wait some devs internal fix for some strings, I cant fix the lagshoot itself (it is need tons of time even for a devs) but i know how to fix the “one-shoot-kill” damage to player.

p.s. Based on some researches i can fix it right now - but it is will be like a crutch. Need change most of ALL stats for all: NPC, drones, hand weapons and etc… etc…It is not right way… So lets be tight and wait the devs fix. And when it comes i make good things for laggy battles. (For example you can survive even from one directly arty lagshoot to player through cockpit or 2-3 from flaks).

But all of it is temporary measure. I hope devs find and fix it completly (in 6.0 it was be more good).
Now game sometimes (when lags come from heavy battle) do not see a structures (you all see it when you leave the planet on SV - some time another player who make the same fly like a MAN in the space without any SV) but see players. You all know that - if you exit from SV on the enemy BA - turrets kill you. So game do not see SV\HV and just shoot directly to the players… Game do not know (right now) what you fly in the SV. :joy: JOKE - But Maybe it is just cheat to equalize the AI and the player skill :rofl:

But if you look at who is the head of making these changes its the big PVP factions. So naturally some things are swinging to their advantage.

As for the trying to control how long any battle lasts that is silly. Battle should last however long it needs to. If it takes you 10 min to defeat your enemy so be it. Trying to nerf and buff things to change this is gamebreaking. That is just me though. Feels like we at HWS want to try to limit everything and make everything play in Black and White with no grey. So that if a battle begins it will always end with a clear winner no withdraw.
Manual Fire being nerfed to prevent sniping? If that was not meant to be then you would not have the zoom in view you do on said turrets. Clearly it was INTENDED to be that way and people need to learn to defend against that. So if I set up something for sniping the BA defender needs to have something planned to counter that. Its called a battle and strategy. Some are better at it than others so some will win some will loose and others will be smart enough to WALK AWAY.

To anyone like me that feels that these changes need to be a bit more influenced by a bigger part of the community help me figure out how we spread that word. I speak my mind and I dont mix words to spare feelings so every time I speak someone chooses to be offended. That dont bother me just means I dont get anywhere in Discord as every conversation I have there turns into a contest of whose kohonays are bigger.

Not sure if you understand how the game works but there is no such thing as an advantage xD everyone gets the same stuff… If you want, after some tests I can write a guide so new players like you can adapt better to new changes :]

But if you look at who is the head of making these changes its the big PVP factions. So naturally some things are swinging to their advantage.

What are you suggesting, that PvP should be balanced by people that rarely/never participate in PvP? Also it makes no sense to say that someone is trying to manipulate things to their advantage when we’re talking about global combat changes here that apply to everyone.

I think one thing that is important to take into consideration that nobody has talked about is the impact of garage vessels. Combat Steel blocks are not just twice as tough, not even 5x as tough, they are literally 10x as tough as regular hardened steel. This slows down the combat immensely, even if someone is a terrible pilot and taking hits like crazy, they take AGES to destroy and it makes things much more boring.

For one let me clear up the only way I am a noob is to this server. I have over 2k hours in this game and have owned it since back when Omoricon was the only planet in the game.

Now that out of the way I think some how people are not understanding what I am saying.

Right now there are what maybe 6 people taking part in this conversation? That is a small portion of the active HWS community.

My thoughts are 25-50% of the community should be needed to participate before game changing things are done. Nerfing Gatling is a big change as they should be rapid fire and it hurts to learn the hard way they are no longer that way.

Also people are voting on how long a battle should take. That is silly as there is and should be no effort made to change how long it takes to defeat me. You are all in or all out. If you can not win then you retreat and loose. Trying to balance things so that it take no more than 5 min to defeat a SV is silly.

Again these are my opinions and I express myself with no regard for how I word it just straight forward what I think. People can not handle that…oh well cant change it.

You clearly need to go back and READ what was written as it was written and dont twist.
One you have no idea who has hours in PVP and who does not. Clearly as people think I am new to this game. That right there is a joke as I have been around likely longer than many others.
Also you have the big factions deciding things but they are working it on a large scale and as if you are in any kind of group. Some of us play alone and like it that way. So some changes if it is just you seem pointless and no matter how many hours of PVP you have if you are a lone wolf you have not seen these bugs. Does not mean they are not there. Still nerfing things beyond their natural use is WRONG and nothing anyone can say will change my mind. Also the Mini gun/ gatling gun again is the beginners weapons so you just turn away new players to the game/server when everyone knows that Gatlng Guns and Mini Guns are rapid fire but suddenly people are like wait this is silly they must be broke the game must be broke.
If these sort of changes are to be made again more than a few PVP factions need to be involved as it does not only effect PVP gameplay but it is hurting PVE as well. You have POI turrets with homing weapons your Gatling are crazy slow not sure how slow as they seemed just bugged. Rockets well they are near useless against POI as you get killed before you can fire off 3 rockets they shoot so slow.

So please dont tell me you have to have PVP experience to be party to these changes that are server wide as you are screwing up PVE as well.

Again this is my opinions and I just say what I think. I do not censor or care if someone chooses to be offended by words. I care not about your feelings so if you are that sensitive I am the wrong guy to carry a conversation with.

I have not commented on your own experience at all. I was merely saying that people that participate most in PvP would seem to be the best to discuss it, many of those happen to be in big PvP factions, and your comment didn’t make sense to me.

You aren’t going to get 25-50% of the community to participate because a lot of people on the server don’t care enough to take the time to visit the forums. They just play for fun and then they log off and do other things with their life, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

We can only work with the people that we have, that are willing to discuss these things. We can’t force people to be active.

When it comes to “time-to-kill” it is not an exact number, but that doesn’t mean it is useless to talk about the time-to-kill in the game. No you cannot predict what will happen in the fight, but you can look at the amount of damage weapons are putting out, how effective they are at actually dealing that damage (ie hit rate), and compare to how much HP is on blocks and devices. Right now it seems that most people feel it is too slow, the weapons are not putting out enough damage, combat takes a long time.

Sigh here we go -_-

From your statements you did not seem much experienced at all so I apologize :].

It’s a nice fantasy, but look at the pole that went up 30 vote’s, out of what 200 players xD? The thing is that anyone can contribute to the config it just needs the admins approval, and for that you need to use logical reasoning with some good math and evidence to back up your requested change’s.

So in your opinion its better to have Gatling shooting faster causing a lot more unnecessary lag for lore reasons? Also they are broken atm they shoot though 10 blocks straight to your components, when dev’s fix it it’s range can come up again but its rate of fire would never become fast again it would be counter productive.

Just because something is in this survey doesn’t mean it’s being used to balance combat, I’m the one that wrote this thing out, but A.F.T is the one balancing things. I have placed fight time there as a means to determine what length of time holds excitement and interest in a fight, no one likes a 60min 1v1 sv fight both people run out of ammo and run away with no guns left. Also people build differently have different aim with lag the window will be so wide its impossible to make every fight last 5 minutes its illogical.

I like to lone wolf a lot, and tbh these config change’s allow a long wolf to fight a group better than before, the old config was bias’ed towards numbers becuase rockets could land 90% of the time with really amazing damage so numbers + rockets + tank wins 99% of the time and its boring, but with the new config you can go crazy and take the hardest hitting weapons that land very little and use crazy skill mixed with very close range brawling to 1v5 and walk out a winner, its the time of the lone wolf :] do not worry.

That is a good point, but it is possible to bring one of the other weapons down into low level teir so beginners have something that works, gatling are broken and its better that no one has to use that junk, im thinking maybe rails?

Maybe another reason to make rails low tier weapon, their range + burst would allow people to take on poi with a bit more tactics.

Guys I will make it easy and let the big factions do whatever I will stop trying to influence anything. Clearly you are hell bent on doing whatever you want for PVP and yourselves. You have no consideration for PVE at all as you to not seem to care.

So just whatever. At some point again the population will die off again as it did back in what 5 when the server allowed digging to cores and had no OP. So like then the server is getting configured how those big factions want even though PVP and PVE are effected. You make excuses because as someone else said to get more people involved takes to long and you all want to rush it so whatever.

So there we go issue with me is solved and you 2 and your buddies dont have to be concerned anymore.

I’m noob, does that count?

I’m starting to think you just love complaining if we provide answer for everything you complain about then you resort to false accusations really xD??? xD Pve was a little easy last season at least the pve guys will have more fun now that everything is a bit harder :]

Really I like complaining though I said i was walking away from the conversation yet you need that last word in huh? That last insult…Whatever. Guys like you remind me why I do not like MP and why I can be the cold jerk that I am sometimes. So whatever. At this point I dont want responses from you so disabling that.

Say whatever you want about me as I really dont care. I will spare you my thoughts about you as that goes against HWS rules. Still you can go cry to someone dont care about that either.

I’ts text bro you can’t assume tone from text otherwise everything is going to offend you, and everything seems to offend you xD :] take it with a pinch of salt.

@Dawg: the only person I even know in this thread is TacoIsland. There isn’t some kind of conspiracy against you and nobody is attacking you or saying you can’t speak.

We want a better experience for this server that is all. I’m just saying realistically if you want to wait for some kind of consensus from 50% of the player base then nothing will ever get done.

2 Likes

Those people represent 40-50 active PvPers on the EU and NA servers though. A good portion of the active playerbase.

No offense Dawg but I’ve not seen you engage in PvP in 7.5 nor heard of anyone engaging you. If you haven’t thoroughly tested each config change in a live combat situation…

edit - and if you want changes that won’t effect PvP that will make PvE better post a video showing and provide the changes you think will make it better.

the mud slinging back and forth and lots of paragraphs of text while not providing anything AFT or Rex can act on isn’t helping anyone.

2 Likes

I belive latest update went good for SV/HV/BA balance. Fighting is way more fun now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[5:22 PM] Goshen: Just had a nice roll with LGH they jumped us while doing the poi, drove them back to their planet limping
[5:22 PM] Dreadstar: how was the damages
[5:24 PM] Dreadstar: @Goshen
[5:38 PM] Goshen: far more blocks missing then the past
[5:38 PM] Goshen: :smiley:
[5:40 PM] Goshen: its no longer repair pad, then slap turrets back on, I am missing a ton of blocks
[5:40 PM] Dreadstar: how was lag? how many people involved
[5:40 PM] Goshen: 3 cvs
[5:41 PM] Goshen: no lag

Another report.

1 Like