Suggestion Tool for "selling / deconstructing" Ships

If you want I can run some numbers on the tonnage of our ships, get an estimate for how many ingots and/or combat steel blocks in each. Get a working average.

Yea i agree and then after all calculations are done - 30% as unrecover-able or waste, so that its still an option to core it and move it back to base if you want those extra resources the slow way and at the same time stops someone finding an exploit easily. Hmm yea some tests to see how accurate we can get it would be cool :smiley: , trickiest would be pure glass ships.

nope

nope

Try to come with a suggestion you have in HWS Connect Structure Commander. That is what we have.

Wow really not much to work with, with that info the best option would be use lowest cost blocks and lowest cost devices :confused: would loose a ton of value per ship.

But still better than multitooling 20k block shipsā€¦

1 Like

depends we salvage ships all the timeā€¦ its way faster resource gathering rates than any mining could giveā€¦

Ehhh - not if you have autominers.

depends, salvaging 1 20k block ship will give you 200k iron and decent sathium you would need a great number of autominers to give you that amount in 1 day.

Nothing would prevent you to do this anyway until a better option ist availbla

1 Like

True I guess more options is always better.

Hmm for now yeah :confused: soon with the API it is easy.
Other things like trust donā€™t workā€¦ like placing your wished cost in the ships title xD

so yeah, the cheapest block + device for now

1 Like

I do like this idea I had thought about this a while back and is one of the things I suggested for a player run shop on auxilio but more a 2nd hand dealer so they could basically trade in anything including ships if they chose too. From what Iā€™m developing for aux ATM I will have approx 6 shop fronts available for rent, I will own one personally and will sell canned foods among a few other helpful thibgs :wink: fill that market gap that has existed for a long time. Anyways anyone interested in the idea can check the forum post Vortex Industries 6.0
Listed a few suggestive businesses there also for the less imaginative :wink:

Well there goes my Scrapyard business!!! LOL

Haha not yet, plus looks ATM like you could provide a better rate as the sever would need to go by cheapest blocks atm, not good for complete combat steel lol

Hm, thats VERY strange, that server didnt know the structure cost in resourcesā€¦

Btw, u could Ask devs make some mini-fix with making logs on this actions (spawn from factory). I didnt think its so hard.

This is a great idea - if the difficulties described above can be overcome. Either this or the full repair option (incl missing BP Blocks). Maybe both in the future?

Iā€™ve a large CV laying on its side near one of my bases while I slowly tool it day-by-day. Unproductive time I could be spending elsewhere - like looking after my kids! :slight_smile:

Hmm must not be so much. Easy is a little small fix that the server could see aktual HP or weight of the ship (Cause steel block has other hp or weight). Than a Little formular and tadaaaa you have it. Need only one of that two informations. Ist not perfekt but better that the rest. Calc Fails are Taxes for that^^

Everthing iss better than destruct a 20k shipā€¦

1 Like

Is there anything coming like this? We have still lot of Ships to scrap

better start multi tooling :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you on the NA server? If so, I have a scrapyard in Armageddon orbit that will scrap all your ships for you.