Hello good people of HWS!
I am happy to annouce the first HWS SSS (Sunday Sv Showdown)!
This Sunday I will host a SV tournament for anyone to prove his skill in flying and ship building. Will you stand up to the challenge?
Start time is yet to be decided, to accomodate for the US server people.
Its week end, so i assume early hours wouldn’t be a problem, so i’d like to start at 19:00 UTC (London time). Equivalents for those now comfortable with timezones are:
20:00 Berlin/Warsaw time
21:00 Western Russia time
14:00 US East Coast time
11:00 US West Coast time
The event base has been set. Coords are 2651 / 777 on EU Homeworld planet. Its noted as a POI. Please, be there at least 30 mins before we start to set everything up.
Please tell me if you would be ok for that, i really want to accomodate aas many people as possible, but its not always possible to accomodate for everyone.
What do you want to know about the event?
- An admin core base-garage will be provided for landing and respawning, together with coded boxes for those who want to drop private stuff.
- Ammo will be provided.
- Should you not have your ships ready, it will be provided, however you must bring at least one of the ship(s) you wanna flight, for admin to copy it so you can have more.
- Popcorn will be provided
- Small SV flight pods will be provided for observation of fights, i you won’t want to watch from the base.
- The event planet (most likely homeworld) will be temporarily forbidden to have free roaming PvP, under punishment of being imediately guilty upon firing on participants outside of a battle.
- The event will happen on the EU server.
- The events is free. Anyone can join.
- Bracket type we’ll be playing double bracket competition. Higher tiered battles may be subject to “best of X” matches.
- nscriptions close on Sunday noon of MY time - 11am UTC.
- If you’re taken out, don’t fly away right in. Stay to cheers for those that are still there, help yourself to our popcorn reserve… we’ll have a closing event i’m not annoucing yet once the main tournament is completed.
- Brackets will be randomized once the inscriptions are closed.
- Tournament is 1v1, however, if there is enough intrested i can add an additional team fight bracket.
Well yes, or course there gotta be rules, right? So here’s the rules of participation and engagement.
- To participate, you need to bring at least one copy of any ship you wanna fly. Those that do not feel safe with their own, please contact me by PM, i’ll check that on a case by case basis.
- Class ONE SVs only. Its adamant. No SV will be allowed in pass class one (please, when you join us on the staging ground, take a class one as well, i don’t want a single ship to fill the parking lots). Within class one, everything is allowed within server rules (no fully covered guns, etc…)
- Limit triangles. If possible, stay reasonable with pyramids in your ships. I know it lets add more blocks, but i’m afraid of the performance loses. No ship will be rejected due to pyramids ammounts, however we want the tournament to go smoothly, right?
- No macroes. No fast firing macroes or other macroes of any kind. Its your skill in flying thats tested, not in creating macores. I’d make an autominer emptying competition if i was looking for the best macroes around.
- Stay fair play and watch your tongue. If something doesn’t feel right, you take it in private with the judges. Some chat taunting is permitted, but trash talk is forbidden. I know emotions can get heaten up, but watch your language, please.
- Fights will be up to 7 minutes long. Should no winner by appear by this time, ship will be ordered to halt faire (failure to oblige will result in disqualification so watch the chat!) and be then checked by the judges. Ship that has taken the least % damage (based on pre-fight HP and actual HP comparision) will be victorious.
- Depending on number of players, later fightd might be as “best of 3” (or 5) type matches.
- Only spawnable ships can be used no HWS Garage prototype ships. I want the fight to be balanced, especially towards contesters that cannot afford one of those.
And now, the best but not least… REWARDS!
There will be a reward pool funded by HWS for participation for the top 3 podium!
3rd place will receive 2 million credits…
2nd place will receive 5 million credits…
The winnder will receive 5 milllion credits, and a Garage ship!
There might be a little pool of rewards for participation. To be annoucned.
Edit: Extra reward privately funded by McProuty and LoT faction - a second hand Prototype Q ship shall be awarded to the first contester to score a victory with only Minigun and Plasma weapons.
Edit 2: An extra 2 stacks of gold bars added to the pool by Grandizer.
Disclaimer: Any private funded reward will be confimred only upon delivery of it to me on tournament day. Shall no one be gutsy enough, rewards will be returned to their owners.
For those willing to chip in additional money - i’ll be accepting voluntary wager 250 or 500k (to be decided). Of all those who threw in money, the one that will end the highest on the podium will gain the pool as additional money.
If podium isn’t achieved by anyone who chipped in, money will be sent back to original owners.
PLEASE DECLARE PARTICIPATION IN THIS TOPIC.
- Fenix [EU]
- Gunslinger [EU]
- Jaydog [NA]
- N0secondbest [NA] (mcsprouty)
- Walloud [NA]
- Whataboutsmee [NA]
- Mr. Spooty [NA]
- Wiseman [EU]
- Zappe21 [EU]
- eso-inc [EU]
- tK> Koolerbox [EU]
- Ninjorman [NA]
- tK> Hunter [EU]
- Big Red [NA]
- Sacredglade [EU]
- AlexAKM (?) [EU]
- Smudgybear [EU]
- Dragon_101 [EU]
- Grandizer [EU]
- Aerdred [EU]
- Aeonbug [EU]
- Scorpenstein [EU]
- Jedi [EU]
- Cat [EU]"
- h5n1 [EU]
- Archangel [EU]
- Stunner666 [EU]
- IronWarrior [EU]
I’m adding two poll for some clarifications:
Is it a problem if Fulgrim (the organisator) takes part in the fights - i’d really like to participate, i’ve been dreaming of SV figths for a long time, but i don’t want anyone saying the tournament was biased, so i will participate only if a big majority says its not a problem.
- Yes, he shouldn’t fight, it will bias the tournament.
- No, not a problem, let him participate. More too shoot at!
Second poll is to gauge intrets in an additional team bracket:
- No need for team fights. Lets stick to 1v1 only.
- Lets add 2v2 fights!
- Lets add 3v3 fights!
- Lets add 4v4 fights!