Sunday SV Showdown! - event

Idk how the pool thing works so just add 5 stacks of gold bars to the 1st place prize from 2Cold! :sweat_smile:

Roger that. Adding you to the rewards.

1 Like

Sweet much appreciated! I figured, everybody likes gold bars!

Yeah, youā€™re right. I was actually thinking to ask Rex to give the money rewards as ingots tonight. but did not ask yet.

1 Like

Guys, i added a rule disallowing the use of garage ships. I want everyone to have equal chances. Hope no one minds me adding that.

I should mention, the Q as the special reward is slightly used. Not fresh from Garage. But it still has most drills and the turret.

Mention noted.

2 Likes

I removed some troll posts and took action.
Some need harder lessons than others I see.

3 Likes

I donā€™t get a special mention for 5 stacks gold bars!? Make it 10! :wink: Seriously haha

2 Likes

Thank you.

You do have a special mention, like McProuty, under the rewards, what i was pointing to him is that i added the ship was ā€œusedā€. :wink:

Anyhow, changed the ammount of stacks to 10. Iā€™ll keep an eye on you so you donā€™t try to sneak sathium in the lot! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lmao thank you. I didnā€™t see it!! Haha will be much fun seeing all these old friends/enemies there! :sweat_smile:

Added a poll to see if people would let me participate in the fights, and to gauge intrest in team fights.

Fulgrim got a bit of a bashing for suggesting we should limit our use of pyramids, as if he was making it up. I just wanted to point out some people have done some tests and using pyramid blocks, for example, does seem to cause more of a performance hit than using cube blocks because (paraphrasing): 'with pyramid blocks there isnā€™t any back-face culling going on and there certainly isnā€™t any hidden-face culling, so with pyramids youā€™re rendering every face of every pyramid whereas with cubes thereā€™s culling of shared faces i.e. any interior faces arenā€™t rendered. Thatā€™s why Rex said:

Especially as itā€™s a 1v1 Class 1 event, personally Iā€™d vote for everyone using what they wantā€¦ if itā€™s a problem we could change it for next time. But Iā€™m happy whatever :slight_smile:

Edit: Just voted. Iā€™d be happy with any team-sized event. Iā€™d love 4v4, that would be awesome! 2v2 might be easier to organise at short notice so thatā€™s why I went with that. It might be too much to do all in one day though so might be better saved for next week? Also if this was to become more of a regular thing, I wonder if there could be a portal setup to a dedicated playfield that gets shut down when not in use? Might help us from getting in the way of people on Homeworld.

Next time it will be already limited i guess, due to Eleon changing the calculations.

If someone want to see for themselves what Fenix/Rex is talking about, go to creative. make a 10x10x10 cube of cube blocks and one of pyramid blocks, and fly inside in no clip mode (godmode).
Youā€™ll see way less stuff rendering in the cubes cube thank in the pyramids cube.

About time, Iā€™ll join in as well, I gots a custom creation that I need to repaint since its pink at the moment.

1 Like

The moment you repaint itā€¦ Iā€™ll add pink all over it for you! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Note to self: leave set on private

Note 2 : remove Colinā€™s cockpit prior to start.

Lmao

2 Likes

Make sure to do it right beside a resource deposit! :sweat_smile:

Btw, @mcprouty, are you taking part too, you mentioned your faction amtes, but donā€™t know if i should sign you up also.

n0secondbest is me. :slight_smile: slowly transitioning the name to my actual gamertag

1 Like