SWP suggestions and ideas about the rules and gameplay

Hey Wise,

yeah too bad people leaving because of this.

Just not sure why leaving server because it is an Eleon/Game problem.
We even tried to tackle it with implementing so many PvE planets / orbits where you can have bases and ships if you fail on the PvP playground.
I also don’t know what people imagine what will happen with their stuff on PvP. Of course it is dangerous there and you need to be in the base to defend it if you want to keep it alive. Hoping for friendly pirates with etiquette / enemies is a… dangerous idea.

Regarding your suggestions / feedback it was 70% addressed to SWP. Please call them directly again and manage a kind of pact / alliance under your mentioned condition like giving iron ingots per day and so on.

The thing what we as HWS can do and will do is a lot of such improvements in HWS 3.0. Your hunger tribute idea like a duel arena or the OC - Orbital Cargo for example where people can save their stuff in it. I mean you even have now PvE playfields as a backup playfield and I really really don’t get why people blaming and flaming if they go all-in in a pvp playfield if they could have a backup in the pve playfield. But I guess losing stuff is always crap.
Anyways with the OC the gameplay will change - IF people understand how to use this big feature.

We really give a lot of advices and features to overcome Empyrion problems here and there but we can’t take people by their hand all the time to keep them alive in a survival game.

Any suggestions and feedback are as always welcome.

RexXxuS

[quote=“RexXxuS”]Hey Wise,

yeah too bad people leaving because of this.

Just not sure why leaving server because it is an Eleon/Game problem.
We even tried to tackle it with implementing so many PvE planets / orbits where you can have bases and ships if you fail on the PvP playground.
I also don’t know what people imagine what will happen with their stuff on PvP. Of course it is dangerous there and you need to be in the base to defend it if you want to keep it alive. Hoping for friendly pirates with etiquette / enemies is a… dangerous idea.

Regarding your suggestions / feedback it was 70% addressed to SWP. Please call them directly again and manage a kind of pact / alliance under your mentioned condition like giving iron ingots per day and so on.

The thing what we as HWS can do and will do is a lot of such improvements in HWS 3.0. Your hunger tribute idea like a duel arena or the OC - Orbital Cargo for example where people can save their stuff in it. I mean you even have now PvE playfields as a backup playfield and I really really don’t get why people blaming and flaming if they go all-in in a pvp playfield if they could have a backup in the pve playfield. But I guess losing stuff is always crap.
Anyways with the OC the gameplay will change - IF people understand how to use this big feature.

We really give a lot of advices and features to overcome Empyrion problems here and there but we can’t take people by their hand all the time to keep them alive in a survival game.

Any suggestions and feedback are as always welcome.

RexXxuS[/quote]

Hey Rexxus, thanks for your reply first of all and i completely agree. It is a shame as i spoke to both Bigfeet and Mr Dead and we do have multiple bases elsewhere filled to the brimm with stuff. I think however the thing that really got to them was the fact that the base was attacked whilst they weren’t even there. And although pirates typically should just go and attack anything. SWP as the main antagonists on the server should exercise some responsibility in how they fight people IF they want more people to get into PVP.

I mean is it any suprise that people don’t want to join in when there are so many pirates in one faction, the irony being that the pirates are better organised than the few remaining alliance factions.

This isn’t me having a go at SWP, i’m not sore over losing our base. In fact me now being one of the sole remaining members of that faction means i’m pretty free to do what i want now which is nice. But this post is about helping SWP understand WHY people are scared of PVP and helping SWP realise HOW they can get MORE people into PVP.

You’re right that hand-holding is not an option, and i agree, pvp should always have an element of Risk. However i think if SWP want more people involved in PVP then they themselves should follow some basic guidelines, such as:

Not attacking unmanned bases. (Because frankly 6 SWP versus a bunch of turrets is hardly a fair fight for the turrets) OR If SWP want to fight over a base and the people aren’t there SWP can give them a specific time limit if their online. Like a pirate-like Ransom! Arrr!
Demanding money/resources from factions instead of just destroying what they have.
Holding piratey 1v1 battles with a cash/resource reward.
If attacking a manned base, then do not attack with the whole faction. Limit it to at maximum double what they have. So if they have four people at the base you have eight, if they have two people then you have four. Historically pirates were never able to muster the amount of people that SWP can muster in regards to fighting.

Follow them if you want more people to get into PVP, as frankly seeing 14 odd pirates online in the same faction is intimidating enough, but i bet we can get more people involved if SWP just exercise a little bit of self control. Like the pirates of yore’, choose your battles wisely.

Wiseman, thank you for your comments. We regret that this situation came with your base. But this pyp area. Our base raided many times when we were offline. Even for such a large fraction as SWP hard to defend base in pvp. So we went into deep space.

I will give the head of our guild your suggestions.

Also, if you need help or resources you can write to me or Vorshtener

[quote=“FraCoornelius”]Wiseman, thank you for your comments. We regret that this situation came with your base. But this pyp area. Our base raided many times when we were offline. Even for such a large fraction as SWP hard to defend base in pvp. So we went into deep space.

I will give the head of our guild your suggestions.

Also, if you need help or resources you can write to me or Vorshtener[/quote]

Hi Fra!

First of all a very big thank you, i think i was rather angry after all that happened and might have got lost in the moment! So apologies if my angry tone came across!

I’m grateful for the idea of resources but i think i’m all good. All i ask is that you consider my suggestions, and thank you for taking them to your faction leader :smiley:

Best regards
Wiseman738

Fra, why doesn’t your guild help run PvP events or openly seek a challenge by stating on the forums here of when/where you’d want to fight. Instead of attacking offline bases (which seems pretty boring to me) why not have the PvP come to you for once. Now that you’re on this forum you can broadcast your challenges and actually participate with the server, rather than act isolated from it.

I really hate to be “that guy” but…

SWP has no obligation to play “nice” really. If its fine for us to raid offline bases (as I’ve done plenty of times) then they should be allowed to do so as well.

Also Wiseman, come live on New Hope in our city, I’ll gladly help you get set up here. Plus its safe as fuck.

[quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

SWP has no obligation to play “nice” really. If its fine for us to raid offline bases (as I’ve done plenty of times) then they should be allowed to do so as well.

Also Wiseman, come live on New Hope in our city, I’ll gladly help you get set up here. Plus its safe as fuck.[/quote]

I disagre.

A small faction i can see offline base raiding (or unmanned) base raiding as acceptable, as they have a lower chance of success.

But a faction as big as SWP should exercise more responsibility in this regard, as Fenra’s suggestion. Additionally they’re the main antagonists on the server.

Furthermore Duke, i appreciate the offer of coming to live on new hope, but that is exactly what SWP does not want. They want MORE people on PVP planets and in PVP space, not less. Therefore they need to exercise restraint in order to make that happen, otherwise as you’ve just shown; the consequences are for more people to head to PVE planets and stay there.

Best regards
Wise

[quote=“Wiseman738”][quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

Also Wiseman, come live on New Hope in our city, I’ll gladly help you get set up here. Plus its safe as fuck.[/quote]

I disagre.

A small faction i can see offline base raiding (or unmanned) base raiding as acceptable, as they have a lower chance of success.

But a faction as big as SWP should exercise more responsibility in this regard, as Fenra’s suggestion. Additionally they’re the main antagonists on the server.

Furthermore Duke, i appreciate the offer of coming to live on new hope, but that is exactly what SWP does not want. They want MORE people on PVP planets and in PVP space, not less. Therefore they need to exercise restraint in order to make that happen, otherwise as you’ve just shown; the consequences are for more people to head to PVE planets and stay there.

Best regards
Wise[/quote]

I don’t know mate. Something feels really “off” about forcing a group of people (or saying they should behave a certain way) simply because they are a big group. It hardly seems fair.

[quote=“Duke”][quote=“Wiseman738”][quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

I disagre.

Best regards
Wise[/quote]

I don’t know mate. Something feels really “off” about forcing a group of people (or saying they should behave a certain way) simply because they are a big group. It hardly seems fair.[/quote]

Who’se forcing them? Do you see me yelling ADMIIIIN or the Admins forcing it at them? This is THEIR suggestions thread for how to get more people into PVP, and i’m giving them suggestions. They can take it or leave it. Up to them. But at least theywill no longer be scratching their heads and wondering where all the PVPers are once they’ve read my posts.

Best Regards
Wise.

I’ll like the suggestions a lot. And i think SWP themselves will benefit from that too.

How bout rules against multiple accounts and combat logging. Or bases that are interconnected but from different accounts so that the offline protection is protecting both bases

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=277&start=10#p1644

[quote=“Duke”]I really hate to be “that guy” but…

My point is no one should be raiding offline bases, just my 2 cents.

That’s silly though, if that was the case then nobody would need offline protection, and if somebody came at you, you could just log off and then they wouldn’t attack your base “just because”

don’t be daft lad

I think OCD will help a lot as it gives you a safety net to rebuild. I am just getting some stocks up and then i will be heading out of PvE land. The big issue is that this is a game in Alpha and there are so many issues and so much balancing to do, HWS cant be expected to ‘fix’ everything when most of it is put of their control.

I am really liking this game and loving HWS but there is a long way to go and it could end up going a way that doesnt support what a lot of us would like.

[quote=“Duke”][quote=“Fenra369”]That’s silly though, if that was the case then nobody would need offline protection, and if somebody came at you, you could just log off and then they wouldn’t attack your base “just because”

don’t be daft lad[/quote][/quote]
There is a difference between combat logging and PvSleep, while I don’t like OP as implemented, I don’t like having to be competitive about my time spent on this game just to keep what I worked for :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Fenra369”][quote=“Duke”][quote=“Fenra369”]That’s silly though, if that was the case then nobody would need offline protection, and if somebody came at you, you could just log off and then they wouldn’t attack your base “just because”

don’t be daft lad[/quote][/quote]
There is a difference between combat logging and PvSleep, while I don’t like OP as implemented, I don’t like having to be competitive about my time spent on this game just to keep what I worked for :p[/quote]

Then don’t build on a PVP planet, mate.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

First warning.
Read this and think twice about it: