TDM Instance

I think a type of Team Death Match Instance would be a good idea especially around the time when theres less action to be had. I think it would help people who log in when there is low population and who would like to find more faster action do to their log-in schedule, and for those who would like to test out their ships and fight one on one against an someone without being smothered by a large groups of enemies.

Also there could be options like a 1 on 1 instance, 2 on 2 instance, 4 on 4 instance and or sv only, hv only, cv only, or sv and hv only. The instance could take place in space or in a planet. It can be entered through a teleport like the events and their could be an option of timing like how long the instance will be.

Regards

The population in PvP is low because your giant alliance has made GG unplayable for PvP. This is not new, nor is it unknown to you. It was discussed at length last season and we agreed not to do this because it ruins PvP. Nobody wants to play at 5-10 FPS. Now you want @RexXxuS to create a new instance because you refuse to allow fun PvP on the planet he already built for it?

You are the larve group who insists on swarming.

We have taken multiple measures to minimize lag on GG.
Apparently you are never there so donā€™t even know whatā€™s going on down there so w/e.

Get a solid 60fps 90% of the time unless pvp is going on.

1 Like

What are you talking about? The population is not low: just last night there was a large battle in homeworld with factions big and small going at it. Your delusional man get over yourself.

This idea of TDM was just to address that when most of us are asleep there are still some people around, and some from other timezones who would like an easier way to get some action going; so this is mainly for them and for those who would like a fun more measured type of instance to enter.

Your comment is not within the subject Grizz; when i say low population iā€™m talking about the time when most people go to sleep in the na server. What a fail on your part.

Do you know that there is a low population time in eu server too? What are you going to blame the na server for that too? Donā€™t you realize humans need to sleep?

1 Like

It is supposed to be always PvP and you have it down to 90% PvE congrats.

Easier than just shooting at each other in any PvP playfield available? How is it hard now exactly?

Thereā€™s plenty of PvP down there everyday, just there is this thing called work & sleep people are away for so sometimes there is downtime.
But apparently you think PvP is going on 24-7 every single second of it.

Someone is delusional.

1 Like

I am talking about the population on GG. You have intentionally limited it to allias only so no PvP.

Yes they attack Homeworld because GG is so close to core cap that nobody can attack it. But you know this already as it was planned (I was there remember.)

You also forget that the only reason OP4 did not join us in leaving is because Big Red and Blind Cat got out numbered in the vote. Blind Cat has made it very clear that he is not playing the rest of this season because of what you guys are doing to GG.

The population is very healthy on gg. We see alot of fights and enemies putting down bases which naturally if their enemies we take out. Core cap? This you got to take up with @RexXxuS.

I saw blind cat on last night. He appears to pop in and out.

As for the core cap, there ā€œshouldā€ have been plenty of availability to spawn in BAs/SVs/HVs at the beginning of the battle, but after a few hours there were plenty of dead ships and bases on both sides. I was in the same SV the whole night and afterward was on cleanup duty. I got a lot to scrap afterwards over 2 trips, and manually scrapping them out yielded 100% returns and no life for several hours.

But this talk about core cap is a moot argument; this is BOTH sides causing this. The lag we have right now isnā€™t because itā€™s GG/HW/Moms house/etc but once again itā€™s Eleon and their shit netcode. Until they address that atrocity and quit polishing the images of Zirax shits for a higher quality image for the PvE single players will this improve.

3 Likes

Yeah the people we were fighting basically Rage-quit after they tried to bum-rush us with about ten attack bases at once on Armageddon and then rushed in Hovers at us but they couldnā€™t even break through the ONE base on our Eastern flank at the time, it was pretty funny to watch their attack just fall apart over time.

And slowly but surely since then they havenā€™t been logging in. Not-to mention that weā€™ve been intercepting and annhialating Russian bases, cvs and ships across the whole universe. In several large-scale simultaneous operations.

We really ramped up the heat on them this season, and it seems they couldnā€™t take it! We once held for two weeks of non-stop attacks from them, and all it took was for one failed attack and four nights in a row of our assaults for them to collapse :slight_smile:

Best regards, and luckily theyā€™ll be back next season so we can continue fighting one-another :slight_smile:
Wise.

PS: In regards to this ā€˜core-cappingā€™ prospect i frown upon it greatly. Although Rexxus enabled the global limit to apply to GG if people are going to shamelessly exploit it (not saying anyone is as i havenā€™t been to GG NA) then we will have to go back to arbitary local limits which would be a damn shame! So if anyone is doing shady stuff with purposefully flooding the playfield with Cores then I politely ask them not to.

All that said-and-done however when the Russians attacked us on that Arma fight i talked about above, we started getting warnings about the ā€˜structure limitā€™ being reached as our alliance had about 30-35 cores down and then the Russians came with a bunch of cores also! :slight_smile: Was a good fight, and they fought well. A shame they chose to leave afterwards instead of adapting their strategy.

1 Like

No one has commented on the subject yet. :confused:

I think the idea is retarded. Why not work as a community to make the playfields intended for PVP more conducive to PVP?

EDit for posterity: * So you want to create an instance for ā€œrun of the mill PVPā€ so you can keep your GG fat, safe and core-capped so nobody else can come down there and have fun. Thatā€™s my logic behind thinking the idea is retarded.

2 Likes

@RexXxuS or @Jascha can you tell us what the current core count is on GG NA? Just for the sake of argument?

Seems like something fa:scan could handle instead of bugging admins for. My 2 cents.
After all, that is why that command exists.

163 before any enemy assets on field. Systems start getting warned at around 175 or 180 cores. Cores cap out at 200? or 215.

So out of the entire pre-warning limit of cores you guys built 90% of the ā€œsupportedā€ structures on the playfield.

:thinking:

1 Like

Well, guess we have some breathing room.

Hopefully with the next patch the limit is grown substantially along with the increased planet size.

1 Like

Sounds right.
And 255 is dead end :wink:

Its now 172 btw

Thereā€™s a lot of trash from their last attack down there, uncored bases etc.

They are also using splinter factions which is offline 99% of the time so we canā€™t really get to some eitherā€¦

On a game i play there is a TDM that is only available on certain times of a day: which means not all the time. This idea came to me when i saw that its harder to find pvp in down hours like when most people are asleep, and also for people that have a ā€œi can only play a few minutes before they have to log off because of real life you know?ā€ If this is implemented more people from that market of short schedules will play the server which are potential new long term costumers. :money_mouth_face:

Another secondary idea i got from that game is that they have a score leader board which give a type of reputation and or some kind of game money.

Your answer of ā€œits retarded is in no way constructiveā€ Van. Also what part of down hours, and or, alot of people have short schedules to do a quick play do you not understand? You do understand that this is the reality right? And that if we cater which we have room to do so to these people; we are bringing that market of people into the game? Which is beneficial to us and pvp as a whole sense maybe they have off days that if they get hooked may want to spend doing more extensive pvp on this server? :smiley: