The large NA alliance is now split up

At no point have I heard any one mention how the new config is affected when a macro is used. From what I have seen in game and now tested the lag shot is active (passes throw all blocks and many components) when applied with a macro so one second kills are a thing and there’s no skill in that.
I’ve been with HWS since 2.0 but till this is sorted for me PVP is dead.

5 Likes

That could be the difference here - I don’t use macros when SV fighting. ABN and TCB (not sure which was which so sorry - I just know one of you is using macros), and that could be the issue.

And if it is indeed macros causing lag shots, we should make sure we report it to @RexXxuS and A. Find a fix or B. Make Macos on SVs illegal.

As far as I know neither of us have been using macros as there has not even been a need for it.
Last season I was called out for macro firing on SV but all I was doing was holding left click and then sliding my thumb along the # keys on side of my mouse; no macro required.

@Calo, I can confirm I have not seen you or Ranzeth using a macro (you are a fine pilot) and that’s not how you play.

I simply gather as much info from players reporting being shot out of there cockpit and they all report being hit by multiple ordinance types at the same time “macro fire”

In every case fo me it was ONLY mini guns that killed me, knocking out the cockpit with no damage to any other blocks or components. (ting, ting ting, dead) Disheartening. Was it lag or was it something else? On one occasion I’d swear it wasn’t as it was only a few players and the play field seemed to be rock-solid. In any case, I have no idea, but would rather not engage further until more is known.

Miniguns, cannon turrets or gatling guns?>

I’ve seen macro fire from one of the two factions. The night we shot out Big Red on Homeworld I distinctly saw macro fire take him out.

I brought this up 6 months ago… two possible solutions.

One GCD (Global Cool Down) delay on all weapons.
Second Limit all guns to a certain max number 10/12 something, but of any type.

As for anyone who says macro fire isn’t an advantage even before it shot out people in cockpits, laser and rail fire is so fast and the range is very good to the point they are better than homming in my opinion now. So spam firing just those guns and mini guns? = Win

gats i believe.

Yeah, I just got shot out by an ABN/TCB guy and they definitely were doing something that enabled them to shoot through multiple blocks and “lag shot”.

1 Like

Ranzeth, It was me that shot you and it was with pulse lasers. If you think I am cheating in any way then you dont know me very well. If you have a video of me doing something fishy then please post it because I know you do not have it since I have never nor need to cheat. You were on the top of your ship and I shot you with pule lasers (the 4 I am allowed to have on this ship) and it was that simple.

(TCB) Tripwire

1 Like

Please post the videos. Most of us do not even have gats on our SV.

The one thing all players being one shot out of there cockpit has said they could hear the ping, ping, ping sound of gats fire but our opposition have said they don’t use gats on there sv’s. We have tried to replicate this sound with pulse and other ordinance to no affect.

tink, tink, tink, dead, several times, but there was one time I was shot twice and never heard a thing. Just died, re-spawned and the cockpit was gone, with no other blocks or components touched. Methinks someone knows something. The mystery is frustrating and maddening, but most of all deflating.

One question that springs to mind is although it’s said gats are not used on the sv’s are they being uses as the decoy if so are they buried facing forward, backwords or on their side?

Why I say this is back in 5.0 Op4 did the same thing, we did some tests with the use of decoys and one of our players took a proto type sv to eu where he lag shot sv’s with a buried Gatling gun which was deemed to be illegal. This was not our intention it was the player taking a test sv without permission.

Can it be confirmed that a gatling gun is being used as a decoy and is it facing the front, side or backwords.

If facing to the front in error this may be the answer and easily changed.

You need to use windows… to protect your components from pulse laser

This tink are when projectiles like missiles, plasma or raigun hit you but lag kiks in and dindt explode correctly.
I also thinked that were gatling shooting me but the ships i downed that was doing this to my ship didnt have gatling gun equipped.

Well Tripwire, this “lag shot” or whatever it is does seem to be caused by you quite a bit though. You got Ucka, Ezze, and myself in under 6 mins of combat with all of us taking little to no damage on our craft, and now Ranz, were you also there when BigRed got shot down twice so easily?

Maybe something your doing is inadvertently causing an issue? Might be worth testing out to see what is causing it.

Paxxo1985
Been there, done that, no difference.

We have been using glass and shutter windows in our sv’s and cv’s since 4.0 but thanks for the heads up.

As the former large na alliance is likely still on decent terms you may have enough people to recreate scenarios including lag and test repeatedly near a repair pad.