The large NA alliance is now split up

Shojis, I was in a Mordred when I killed the three of you, It has 10 pulse and 10 plasma and you guys were flying almost in a straight line so I don’t know what else to say. So far everyone who has said something about me killing them has been done using pulse lasers. Maybe the Dev’s or Rex can chime in on this and clear it up for you. As far as me I am not doing anything wrong not even macro firing. I do know the weapons damage config on HWS was modified by Rex and maybe you all should have read it?.. I am open to any review of my actions anytime, I for one have nothing to hide.

Well i suggest you to keep trying

@Ranzeth you ever upload that video? Sure would like to see it.

Tripwire, you shot out the warp drive in my CV and my Core in under 5 minutes on a class 4.5 CV. This CV had window blocks around the core, in front of the warp drive and hallow space around it. And you did this in a SV. Care to explain? Lasers now shoot through 25 layers of CBS and glass and two hallow spaces?

I want to hear this explanation.

If I had to guess. Kolfscot w/12 homing rockets which are dealing 10x dmg to combat steel.
Actually if this was the fight at the start of the season… I was there in my CV with trip in his Kolfscot and your ship was very weak.

I have been having some technical difficulties uploading it, but I’ll be sending it to Rex once it’s done so he can see what is going on and make improvements to get rid of this.

Hmm you have a video of me doing this and when I was supposed to have done it? I love how you all come out of the wood work making accusations about me. Please send your videos to Rex so he can see what you think I am doing, that should take care of it once and for all I would think.

Glad to hear it man.

Thanks Ranzeth. I really would like to know whats going on since there are no gats on the ship I was flying last night.

Trip your buddy Calo seems to remember this fight very well. Let me refresh your memory, I engage a CV and for some reason two SV’s come out of the wood work and start firing. Normally they would do no damage but this season they seem to be able to lag shot components and bypass armor/glass.

For the record, I am not saying you are doing anything wrong. What I asked for was an explanation as to how this is happening. Maybe Laser weapons now fire through a triple hull lined with glass and CBS. Maybe 12 homming missiles with a max range of 600ish in space can some how hit a CV traveling at 115 backwards and down direction. It’s all possible just highly improbable based on past battles.

This issue was occurring with hit scans even 3 seasons ago, I suspect with pulse now being hit scan the issue has become more noticeable. I think this has something to do with hit scan projectiles actually originating from your camera cross hair instead of the weapon blocks(yes go try it with non turreted weapons) Im not sure how it causes it in dogfights. We did a ton of testing on this 3 seasons ago when Colin cleaned out all the devices on my CV with sv gatling cannons. The thing that makes people suspicious that it is an intentional exploit is because people were coming out in sv to fight a cv with their gatling cannons on a regular basis. Without an exploit it doesnt add up. Still until I can replicate it Im not 100 percent sure that it is intentional in most cases.

3 Likes

If no weapons were hitscan i suspect the issue would go away over night.

2 Likes

Can you give me a breakdown of what hit scans are. I haven’t heard this term until this thread. I haven’t been around as long as you guys :slight_smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitscan In Unity they use the following for “hitscan” I believe https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Physics.Raycast.html Weather layer masking could be used for an exploit in this scenario is beyond my expertise. If the client is given total determination of layer masks and hit detection you could concievably make a hitscan weapon just “ignore” certain objects as if they were not there (like any hull blocks). This would be a question @RexXxuS could pose to the developers, if it is the case it would explain a lot. The videos I have seen however do show hits on hull blocks in most cases. An important note Note: Raycasts will not detect Colliders for which the Raycast origin is inside the Collider. In the case of fixed mounted weapons on sv and cv the origin point is your crosshair in third person fixed camera. (this means the player can control the origin point and where the weapon is mounted is irrelevant). The hitscan weapon can even be buried deep within the hull as long as there is a one block space in front of it. (not that this would be legal I am discussing pure current game mechanics)

Also please note ACP as a faction is making no accusations at this time. The more objective we can all stay in the forums the more likely it will be we can see these issues in the game improve.

1 Like

Weapons does not shoot anymore if the trajectory is not completely empty.

it does in vanilla if it is a hitscan, i just tested this with 100 blocks in front of it with 1 block space directly in front of the gun

I have a cv and if i have not all the path clear wont shoot. I have also tested with sv. If one block is in the path says the message that weapon cannot fire.

the weapon must be hitscan to work

You are talking about turrets?
The projectile is fired but does not hit nothing. Zero Damage