Traders - or people who abuse this Faction Tag

Just make ScreenShots, and send it to Rex. I think they’ll be punished for their flame and abuse… Tag means nothing, if u run directly in the turrets =\

If it persists over the next few days, it’s something we may consider. We’re not interested in getting anyone in trouble (which is why I’ve left out names and factions), and we understand that sometimes conflicts arise through a misunderstanding of intention. We also understand that the game can get the adrenaline pumping and cause spontaneous reactions.

We’re all here to play a game we enjoy. The concern is how these accusations of griefing or tag abuse may get us into trouble with the admins and other players, or even influence the direction of future faction design over less-than accurate information.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. We will consider it, but hope we can resolve this on our own. In the meantime, it’s produced several interesting battles, which I hope the other side is enjoying as much as we are.

1 Like

As an admin I wouldn’t not mind spending the extra time enforcing the Story. I like it. It’s obviously has some advantages that are being exploited.

If you guys would go over to the Trader NPC thread and give some feed back on what you want. This could solve the Fa:supply unbalance.

I would like the idea of a black market trader, aka one who deals with all factions, not just Trader/alliance/hunters. I’ve actually done a few deals for pirates (with some restrictions) that didn’t totally get me screwed over. It’s not easy to do though lol

1 Like

You can add SsT to the list of faction tag abusers.

1 Like

Yeah, bumping this for any offenders you see in chat. Please remember to document statements with screenshots when possible.

A post for posterity

Maybe you should stop to tickle the people till they fart?!

I tried but people keep running away :smiley:

g1pz doesnt even stop for a hug anymore

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL

It would be helpful to have the trader pack change with reputation, so if they switch factions, 1 Rep won’t get them much of a pack. Make it so it only goes up once a week like the pack does? OR have the pack upgrade at Rep 7? so on and so forth… It’s a bummer for me to hear about people using the Trader faction to attack others, I’v been having fun mining, creating and selling. I’d love for some folks to test my builds in battle sometime actually, but I’m more of a gatherer, hunter, builder myself. We are traders, not care bears… sigh, and this aspect of the game is very enjoyable for me!
:slight_smile:

Another Trader-Tag-Abuser:

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/i-found-a-ship/964

Calls himself a trader and acts like a pirate, stealing ships and stuff…

I didn’t steal. I rescued. Its still around and ill trade it back. If I were a pirate I would have stole everything and destroyed the ship. Also it says kb rules help other traders… doesn’t say for free. No way would it still be there if I hadn’t have interviend.

Also

‘And stuff’ what other stuff. So dramatic aren’t you.

Like I said I will never be a trader again to stop ppl like you crying about anything related to traders.

It was left out in space - its salvage.

Stuff left in space, on the playfield, dropped by accident is SALVAGE. As long as you didn’t shoot the guy whilst online - thus initiating an attack then all is good.

You don’t want to lose your stuff, don’t leave it lying around where ANYONE can take it

If you would like to help the trader, you wouldnt steal his ship to sell it back to him… Thats totally what a pirate or a lawless would do.

Considering this is really only between Me and Kalsius why get involved WhizZle? Like i said i know the rules. I won’t be a trader again i don’t want to upset you as its something you feel so strongly about.

Maybe i come across your ship next time, I’ll just raid it and gloat if you like…(As a lawless) before we start popping blood vessels…

It was a discussion about attacking another trader, but RexXxus is okay with zthat, so there are no more rules for traders. Do what you like, it was only my few cent about it. I am thinking about going to raid some bases and ships, but hey i am a trader, i dont destroy them and sell them back.

‘Attacking’ i’m not even going to answer this.

Your a drama queen. I stated the rules about this aren’t anywhere. It’s not black and white. You forget Rex made the rules and i’m sure when he did this he didn’t spend hours and hours playing through every situation, what if this or that…It’s pretty straight forward really is it blatant negligence of the rules of a trader…no not even by a stretch of the imagination.

so why not waste your energy on people that are literally going around killing traders like pirates every day. I was a trader for two days and knowing this would be the outcome after today because someone wouldn’t be happy like ive said i wont be a Trader ever again.

i’ll Leave you to fight whats right and wrong between other traders, now i’m just a lawless .End of discussion.

1 Like

sjd, there’s a lot a drama out there. This conversation was cried over last night by multiple people. I took someone’s bag who dropped it on a PvP planet when they died to a mob. They cried foul as we were both traders, I said it’s loot I didn’t attack. They proceeded to drag a mob to the hole I was mining (which was lame) and technically in their book I could have retaliated. I didn’t, I even offered to help but was given constant crying in chat.

Bases are a special case imo, they are fixed and more vulnerable. I got caught out by RL (kids needed me, thats more important thant this game imo) and was fully willing to accept that my stuff was gone, so what, move on. The sjd worked within the rules is to my benefit, I get my stuff back and we go our separate ways.

Some people on this server need to realise ITS JUST A GAME and its a buggy, alpha, pain in the ass game at times.

See you in space.