Traders - or people who abuse this Faction Tag

This is good point. We was Alliance for long so we have a lot of experience with this.

1. You can never know. Usually its Trader against Trader or so. We called this local conflict. We cannot attack either of them so if someone is defeated and beging for mercy you can protect him before destruction. But usually you dont care as its local conflict because someones turret shot at someone and he dont know that yo cnnot tell terret whos friend.

2. Lawless agains Lawless. You dont care at all, only what interests you whos sides as some of them can be well know criminal, raider, killer. Than you go to hunt him but you dont care about what they will do to each other as they are lawless.

3. Trader or Newbie attacked by someone exept trader in local stupid conflict. Thats the case when you go and defend or try

These are some situation which may occur. Also there are other factors. If you ahve PvP base you cannot leave it alone. If you are short on pentaxid you wont spare last by trying to get to base which is destroyed in 10s. If you have a lot of pentaxid you dont go there becouse of base which is destroyed in 10s. There is no way how to chase pirate while all ships are nearly same speed. You want risk common game of transfering orbit planet as you in high risk of kicking of cocpit and loosing ship due to bug. You dont go to defend against SWP as they have stuff which lags you to death, why bother. And so on.

So what alliance can do? Alliance can patroll if its willing to spend hours by collecting pentax. Thats scouting, spending fuel and time by flying over empty planets looking for some bad guys. Of course they are no bad guys as they are hiden in deep space.
Sometimes when you have time and you are in mood to take a lot of lag you go and attack SWP.
And that would be probably all.

After some time you leave alliance and never come back.

Dont take it too seriously, too hard, i overdone it a bit :slight_smile: We tried to patrol, we tried to chase bad guys. We try hardly to be best alliance and we did some good for sure, avenged someone or protect someone who was destroyed just after we left. But at the end, it was so boring gameplay in comparsion with Pirates for examle and so many restrictions with no bonus that we left. We can do the same as Lawless with less restrictions.

The biggest what we done is giving advices, picking up stranded ppl, sending credits and stuff to ones who was in need.

To topic now:
This thred is about Traders abusing T. I like this thread as it brings attention to very important thing. There is lovely Roleplay story which maybe Whizzle and us when we was alliance and few others follow. Rest is killing everything they see and then argue about that. No cooperation between story factions expet A A Alliance which helped us to defend base and we helped them. And maybe Duke Nova Union.

Conclusion:
Something has to be done with this as Rexx means it very nicely but its not working at all. When there will be time to do that. ANyway i think its impossible unless Devs will implement some diplomacy.

I got a little discussion with TSG and Earthangel fromthe so called “Serenity Traders” “S T” and i asked them for their scam. After they said they will go on with the requests on the market place i told the server not to trust them. And after that i got some nice screenshots from TSG… I have to agree that i provoked them a little bit, but i think the admins can read the chat, i post a screen of the time after the discussion.

Sorry for the german in the last picture, but i think everybody can see what i was talking about.

Yeah… Seems like people are just using Trader faction now to avoid being attacked by Alliance on default. Also not to mention the trader loot is pretty significant compared to the other factions so…

If we get a trader reputation system, maybe we could distinguish the regular trader with a black market trader?

1 Like

We’ll play with anyone. We build bases so people have bases to attack, since there are so few of them in PVP space. However, any time we defend ourselves, we get slammed with comments about how traders “aren’t supposed to be aggressive”.

Yesterday,a group came to attack our base, claiming that we attacked them after they flew directly into our defensive turrets, ran away, turned around, and flew directly back into them.

It’s fine if people want a fight, that’s why we play PVP. What’s not cool, however, is when they respawn next to our base, over and over and over again, equipping themselves with weapons from OCD and the marketplace, and spamming chat with accusations of griefing and breaking Trader guidelines because we won’t let them into our base with weapons. A few times in the past we have even offered to fully compensate factions for lost vessels destroyed by our turrets.

I’m only responding to this because our faction has been mentioned. Our stance has always been we don’t attack first (some of us will engage lawless first). If anyone feels otherwise, then there is some misunderstanding between our perspectives.

We’re not here to make anyone bitter, or angry. We build these bases to draw people out from PVE areas. Have a go at taking a base and have some fun. These bases are essentially free loot (for what it’s worth), on our dime, since most people just wait til we’re all offline to take them. That’s fine, these bases are built with the mindset that all bases fall, but don’t call us pirates, lawless, or griefers, or accuse us of exploiting a faction tag, just because we defend ourselves and are equipped to do so when we’re online.

1 Like

Just make ScreenShots, and send it to Rex. I think they’ll be punished for their flame and abuse… Tag means nothing, if u run directly in the turrets =\

If it persists over the next few days, it’s something we may consider. We’re not interested in getting anyone in trouble (which is why I’ve left out names and factions), and we understand that sometimes conflicts arise through a misunderstanding of intention. We also understand that the game can get the adrenaline pumping and cause spontaneous reactions.

We’re all here to play a game we enjoy. The concern is how these accusations of griefing or tag abuse may get us into trouble with the admins and other players, or even influence the direction of future faction design over less-than accurate information.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. We will consider it, but hope we can resolve this on our own. In the meantime, it’s produced several interesting battles, which I hope the other side is enjoying as much as we are.

1 Like

As an admin I wouldn’t not mind spending the extra time enforcing the Story. I like it. It’s obviously has some advantages that are being exploited.

If you guys would go over to the Trader NPC thread and give some feed back on what you want. This could solve the Fa:supply unbalance.

I would like the idea of a black market trader, aka one who deals with all factions, not just Trader/alliance/hunters. I’ve actually done a few deals for pirates (with some restrictions) that didn’t totally get me screwed over. It’s not easy to do though lol

1 Like

You can add SsT to the list of faction tag abusers.

1 Like

Yeah, bumping this for any offenders you see in chat. Please remember to document statements with screenshots when possible.

A post for posterity

Maybe you should stop to tickle the people till they fart?!

I tried but people keep running away :smiley:

g1pz doesnt even stop for a hug anymore

1 Like

2 Likes

LOL

It would be helpful to have the trader pack change with reputation, so if they switch factions, 1 Rep won’t get them much of a pack. Make it so it only goes up once a week like the pack does? OR have the pack upgrade at Rep 7? so on and so forth… It’s a bummer for me to hear about people using the Trader faction to attack others, I’v been having fun mining, creating and selling. I’d love for some folks to test my builds in battle sometime actually, but I’m more of a gatherer, hunter, builder myself. We are traders, not care bears… sigh, and this aspect of the game is very enjoyable for me!
:slight_smile:

Another Trader-Tag-Abuser:

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/i-found-a-ship/964

Calls himself a trader and acts like a pirate, stealing ships and stuff…

I didn’t steal. I rescued. Its still around and ill trade it back. If I were a pirate I would have stole everything and destroyed the ship. Also it says kb rules help other traders… doesn’t say for free. No way would it still be there if I hadn’t have interviend.

Also

‘And stuff’ what other stuff. So dramatic aren’t you.

Like I said I will never be a trader again to stop ppl like you crying about anything related to traders.

It was left out in space - its salvage.

Stuff left in space, on the playfield, dropped by accident is SALVAGE. As long as you didn’t shoot the guy whilst online - thus initiating an attack then all is good.

You don’t want to lose your stuff, don’t leave it lying around where ANYONE can take it