Two day (or maybe 7) wipe timer for ECC

Not even one word of feedback about my idea, instead you start to insult me, while i explain you that your idea doesnt work? An Idea where you know since 2018 that it doesnt work? Okay, i thought Taco is the only troll here… :wink:

Back to topic.

I don’t like it either or well, the Hardware = Performance = Player Experience (lagging) is not good.
We have 2 options.

1. Delete structure no matter what after 7 days, like on the Starter Planets
  2. Delete structure if not touched in X hours. But as someone said, there is a habbit of some players to jump on each ship to touch it…

So option 1 seems good BUT, it isn’t… because right now it would just check the “Create date” value and react on it.
So if we say 7 days and someone fly with his ship INTO ECC planet, where the create date of that ship is 14 days in the past, it would be removed as soon as he enters the Atmosphere :grimacing:

I guess @Jascha would need to implement something new to check how long a structure is staying ON that playfield and BASED ON THAT proceed with stuff like wiping…

4 Likes

ai ai sir

5 Likes

But is there actual lag? It always been like that and I never noticed lags at ECC so I’d keep it as it is.

I didnt thought this would be so much work to implement and i hope this could easily be done.

Thanks for trying to find a solution

For me, there is lag, and i think for other people with slow computers also. I remember when there was an event, the ECC was nearly unplayeble for me because there where so many ships parked.

Not much work. Will try to finish it tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

You could make it as we call in England, pay and display lol. You pay for how long you park up with a maximum of say 12 hours. Once you overstay your allotted time, your ship is towed to the space impound where you pay say 10% of your total wealth ( at time of violation) to get it back. Also make it so you need a cv to get to the scrap yard to get it back, and have it in pvp so you give a place for pirates to lurk. After a week your car (ship) is crushed and gone for ever. You could even design a cool scrap yard mission for story purposes. Scrap yard break in, break out.
Or just kick the ships to random parts of pvp when they’ve been there past a week. Then you give out some random little encounters to the pirate community

ind2ex
For example, when you are doing a Mission on ECC, sometimes you dont know how long it takes. If there is a big event, like the Patron Event was, its hard to say how long you stay.

And 10% of your total wealth? Thats insane. A player with 100 Million Credits wouldnt pay a Cent for a Warpbox, he would produce 20 new. England has some harsh parking laws if they take there a fee in the height of a new bought car.

Life as a pirate must be boring. Reeeeally boring. :smiley:

images
Scrapping randomly placed ships, well i dont know what a pirate normaly does when he is bored

MjAxMi00NTI5YjMyYjMyM2Y3NTQw

One thing came to my mind. I hope the wipe timer doesnt affect the garage ships or the player ships on sale?!

Do they need to be touched too? Or are they taken out of the despawn timer?

i vote for 7 day wipe aside from ships for sale and remove tax entirely. on planet, in space, & in CSW. HWS cleaning crew makes HQ all nice and shiny every week :-p

1 Like

That’s all fine and well…but if there is no tax because of it and therefore no debt, what is to stop someone from just spawning in another 1 or 20 ships right after the “cleaning” and leaving those ships there for another week?

I think its best to remove taxes as you say but make it a daily wipe like black hole.

Solved. This could be a daily wipe instead. They could do this with current tax system as well but they would get taxed daily. Now their ships will get wiped daily if they try this.

So, our master has implemented it :smile:
I’ve heard 7 is the best number in the universe, right? :slight_smile:

We can give it a try… will just do some checks / tests before.

5 Likes

I’ve heard its 42, but 7 is nice too :grin:

But 1 is best.

Not playing it.

Just…no.

2 Likes

images%20(8)

2 Likes

7 hours?.. wow nice! xD Time for taxes to go bye bye and for HEM to grow :slight_smile:

i guess Jon won’t be living in the market this season :-p