[unresolved] HWS bugs caused 420000 gold ore and a custom garage ship to be lost

As you can see, she mined the gold, you can trace inventory contents and check everyone else, no one else has it. It just got taken by the server/game somehow. And only the gold.
Then all the other stuff happening.
It was almost unbelievable that it was so many bad things happing one after the other.

I don’t want to accuse anyone but it did looked a lot like when our old admin used to mess with us. Crazy amount of bad things one after the other. Maybe someone has hacked admin rights or something? Idk

Anyway you can see the gold was mined. You can see the ownership of the ship and you can see her cords along with where inventory goes.

So I’m sure with a little look in the logs you’ll be able to confirm what’s gone on.

Its a known risk and we can’t refund everything lost by a game bug (even if the game lost its ‘Alpha’ title).

Especially when the situation is far from explainable. I don’t want to accuse you, so please dont get me wrong here. But from experience, the infos we have, it looks more like you dropped the gold, and someone else took it. We never saw such example before and even though I thought about different bugs, I can’t get my head around, how this could happen. It just does not make sense.
Now imagine your rival faction would show us those infos. Would you want us to return it blindly? Thats why we do not return anything unless we can prove it from the logs, due to possible exploits. So it has nothing to do with you, or that we think you trick us or so. Its just: If we can’t prove it somehow (even if its just a bit) we will not return anything. And sadly, I can’t even find any reason for the lost gold…

Sorry. I would like to help, and I’m often way to nice to give stuff back. But even for me there are limits. And this is only fair to everyone else who looses stuff due to game bugs.

Magic game bugs that only effect gold from inventory then teleport someone into a friendly ship in pvp that suddenly turns hostile for no reason and blows her up?

Something more going on. If it was all the inventory or happened to more people maybe just hand wave it as bugs. Not this.

1 Like

Thats what I mean… I have not the slides Idea how this can be caused by a bug… So either the gold was done by player choice and the rest was a bug or we found the most weird bug since eleon designed the toilet ant man.
The only issue I can see is that the server logs had quite some exceptions, also with her landing on JVI.
Our tool was not involved in the warp either, I have logs for all of that.

or we have a hacker/rouge admin situation, I watched it all, she was on the pc next to me. she spent hours mining, then cleared the guilty with the command, we double checked it with o:info, then she went to teleport out and the madness started, dropped here over our skys no where near a base and that is when all the gold vanished! just the gold, nothing else, then she landed, we picked her up, she teleports back to see if it was somehow still there, and instead of being in a base she ends up in her ship and it starts getting shot at by our own stuff? an expensive ships she also spend hours adapting.
we are asking for support with this issue. what can you provide?

if its some new feature or something we at least need to know how to avoid it.

LOL perfect name for the best bug ever!

in all seriousness there could be a deeper issue here. be it malicious or not. be it a huge hole in the game code or not. this is indeed a head scratcher.

i know i can’t be much help in solving this puzzle but willing to offer my services in collecting gold to replace what was lost.

Exactly this could just be the first of many.
Bug or malicious. It’s not something many will stay on the server if they experience.

and if we 100% know it wasnt admin abuse/hack, how?

2 Likes

scary thought indeed…

the discord announcement news stated the server was “attacked” at some point today. do the times correlate by odd chance? not sure if anything like this exists but if there are back end “admin actions” logs available there may be some light shed. or it could be a huge time suck. either way may be worth a poke…

I can 100% guarantee that no “admin” or “shadow admin” or any other instance of authority was involved in this ticket nor does have an IP attack anything todo with this incident!

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem you know what happened so I don’t think you can 100% guarantee anything.

Can you two just imagine for a moment how this looks from a player perspective?

My ship was claimed by HWS and you’re telling me there’s no log or reason that this happened but you can’t help me? My gold was taken at the same time and yet there’s no trace of that. I can’t tell if you’re actually trolling me at this point.

I understand you can’t just give gold away but you can see I mined it from the leader board and that I don’t have it!

You don’t seem too concerned about these events so I can assume a few things.

Maybe you think I’m trying to use exploits, even though I’ve only tried to assist you and theres apparently no records of ANYTHING I do, hell maybe you think I was the one who attacked your IP to make a quick 50 mil! Who knows.

Maybe someone was fucking with me and youre covering your backs. Not completely out of the question, its not unknown that Rex and I don’t get on but I like to think if it was an admin you’d at least be man enough to give me my stuff back after playing around.

Or maybe there’s some epic shit storm of a bug and because its just one player you don’t deem it worth investing.

Either way the ‘solutions’ provided here are the definition of useless. You cant offer a reason or remedy and seem only to have suggested I was using exploits. What a royal fuck up, cheers.

1 Like

well this gets out of hand and in a direction I don’t like at all. So lets make a cut of discussion here.

I was willing to help you, investigate and gave you an honest and clear answer. I also told you I am NOT accusing you, it was just an illustration to explain why we can’t just return something. As you said, this is something really new, but from the history of empyrion, hws and bugs also not clearly explainable.
If I would accuse you, I would go a step further and also punish you. But that is not my intend. I want to help.

I have/had no problems with you and I keeping myself out of such debates and hope we will not have a problem soon. But I don’t like the way you talk here at all. I understand your frustration and I will ignore your wild talk, but you also have to accept that a buggy game comes with problems and out of fairness to everyone else we have our rules when to return something and when not.

We have clear logs, we can exactly see what did not happen (like no Admin was involved, nor our software) but we can not tell of course why the game reacts that way to the exceptions we see or what really happend. This we can send to the devs, nothing more.

I will take another look today when I have more time, since you just gave us new information and I had not that much time yesterday. But I expect that you also respect our decision we will make.

You did not mention that clearly before. So please if there are any information missing here, post them now.
I checked the HWS claim quickly, but also here I can not find any involvement of our system, nor do I see it set to HWS at all. So not sure what this is about.

Do you have a video or screenshot of the situation?

I hope we can settle this peacefully, but if another post like yours comes, then I will stop this directly.

1 Like

What else could have happened other than it being taken by HWS to cause our base to attack it? Either that or an enemy player managed to walk in, bypass our bases and hv’s and core it during my teleport malfunction.

i am very confident in rex’s words of no admin tampering. one thing we all have to understand is that unexplainable bugs happen all the time. most we don’t notice or are negligible. some can be tracked down easier than many others. we shouldn’t get upset over losing imaginary items. yes i understand time was spent. that is why im willing to help recollect your losses. talking to the admins and demanding results as u would to a department store manager doesn’t help this situation at all. let them take time and research what had happened and we can get back to collecting more fake shiny. who knows, we may never find exactly out “how” it happened. we can continue to enjoy the game while the techs do the research. no need to halt all actions until a satisfactory resolution appears. that may be a long wait :frowning:

1 Like

Unexplainable bugs happen all the time? Surely if they are looked into, there would be an explanation?
Yeah I’m upset that my stuff went missing, and that i was attacked by my own base, and that no one seems to have any clue what or why it happened. Why on earth would i go back and put more time and effort into a game where i could just lose it and be told to deal with it? This time it was my ship at nearly half a million gold ore, what will it be next time?

They ask what an ideal solution would be in the ticket template which is why I let them know what I wanted. I don’t think it was unreasonable to ask for my stuff back?

i am willing to help replace your lost stuff. if that is truly the main concern here. it won’t be instant no but it will eventually happen. to be quite honest, HWS has zero obligation to replace anything here at all. this in fact a survival game where anything could be lost at any time. i can’t list the amount of times i have lost all kinds of things do to one random occurrence or another. i have accepted that in a digital universe, nothing is “certain” and it never will be. this isn’t Walmart where u can get a refund for defective items. this is not Burger King where u get it ur way. this is a private server many have dedicated lots of their irreplaceable time to assist others. please be patient and let the admins do what they do best. improving game mechanics and report odd bugs like this to the developers. they are the only ones that can shed light on odd situations like this. and sometimes they are stumped. getting as upset as u are solves nothing. perhaps a break is in order so u can assess what u really want out of this game. some take it way too seriously. it is a game meant for relaxing/escaping. anger levels don’t really help most enjoy things.

1 Like

I agree with Becky here. It makes the server look bad.

When hours of work are gone for nothing and you cant explain it and are not willing to compensate people for their time and effort put in, then people will just leave.

“Magical” bugs will eventually kill the drive to play. It already killed mine.

Becky should be compensated for her efforts.

1 Like

Don’t worry, ill take Bobs invite to leave… fucking unbelievable.

wow i never said leave. i suggest a break. big difference there. u are making demands and not accepting that not much can be done here. that is not productive for anyone involved. if this is how u treat those that are trying to help, u don’t need my help…

1 Like