Why I will never build another base in PVP ever again!

when ever a season starts I always build a space base usually in a pvp contested area. This season I built two. The first one I messed up and let an enemy follow me back to base.
But the second base I put further out and was in process of making it a quite a base.

I log on to find the enemy at my second base. At first I said ok maybe by chance they found the second one. I made sure no one was following me when I went there.

BUT then I find out I had a $10000000 bounty on me and that when you have a that large of a bounty your coordinates are shown on the hunter board. What a load of crap that is. I will never build in pvp ever again.
Whats the point when a wealthy faction can just put that large of bounty on me and probably have one of their friends find me and kill me and get the bounty. All kinds of ways for this to be exploited. What a joke.

Was the bounty placed on you when you were off line if so that’s not good and open to exploiting.

In Op4 we have had a few cases of players becoming guilty then logging off at one of our space bases and our players had to move all the ships and loot.

I’ve been on the other end of the experience - guilty guy logged off at a major factions deep space base. Kinda resources I wont get through in many seasons - talking 10,000 T2 gens + 50 boxes of other delights.

This bounty revealing co-ords though - should only be permitted if the target is made fully aware.

What’s the point of building a base in PVP anyway? Build one in Atlantis or Binomi and you are a jump away of the PVP playfields.

I put a 1mil bounty on you. Then you logged off in pvp space, with the hunter board showing you there. So it got topped up to 10mil to find you and your ship.

What I found surprising was that 10mil bounty disappearing, right after you left cryo, with no random pvper calling out in chat “Oh wow, 10mil”

2 Likes

If he was offline when you upped it that should get fixed. While it might be part of the game at this point i’m pretty sure that’s not how it’s supposed to work.

1. Bounties should tell the person they’re on the second they’re placed
  2. Coordinates shouldn’t be given when offline
2 Likes

They do tell you, assuming your online. Its a chat msg, like “Marked for interest”

Does HWS Connect Hunter Board count?
Additionally messages if you are online.

Let’s say the bounty came in while the door was just about to close.
@Jascha has to tell how it is handled if the player is “really” offline.

But again: always check HWS Connect to be sure. If it helps I can highlight it with a strong color.

It was overall a coordinated “attack”. Stuff like this was in its nature intentional and adds more “dynamic” into the game. PvP isn’t PvE afterall: use EGS Stealth otherwise.

I better don’t say who got the 10m Bounty but

that is wrong.

I agree though that 10m is too low for the full reveal of information and is reverted to the HWS 7 season (50m).
We will think about more improvements / let us know your thoughts.

2 Likes

Ah an arranged killing you say. 5 mill each? :slight_smile:

Yeah I wasn’t guilty, it was a ten million bounty and I was offline, wether or not it was placed on me before I logged off I don’t know , I only discovered it after the fact and was shocked to find out my coords were being displayed on HWS Connect.

@RexXxuS

The issue here for me is that a ‘location’ size bounty can be placed on a player who isn’t online (unless i’m mistaken). They cant then take action to prevent their ship/deep space base being taken. I note you have reverted the 10 mill to the season 7 cost 50 mill which is good but very rich factions can still abuse this feature. Can ‘set bounty’ be restricted to online players only?

2 Likes

Good point, or make it at least where the co-ords only appear once the player is online. And maybe even a natural ‘signal degrading’ time-limit so once a player logs off their co-ords only stay up say for 10-30 mins depending on the bounty. Just some early ideas!

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

Well over all I don’t really mind the bounty but I do think an alert in BIG RED LETTERING is needed that a bounty has been placed. I did not see any alert at all. One of my faction mates said its usually in green lettering which in my opinion is not good at all. And Cardboard jack, I logged out because I run a business and sometimes I just can be on all the time…as much as I would like too :slight_smile: GG on you guys part, fun dog fight last night too.

3 Likes

The thing that was odd to me was after they killed you the bounty didnt go away, was that a bug? I assume bounty is supposed to be collected by the first person who kills you and then go away?

He was killed by CV turrets of an unmanned ship. If the pilot had turned off his turrets while looting then one of the manned CVs would have got the kill and the bounty once he logged in.

1 Like

I have to say despite the little few little issues like this, PVP has been a treat since the alliance split. Tons of action and most of the time it ends with a friendly GG from both sides. Looking forward to more of those dog fights :slight_smile:

Absolutely loads of fun. A little salt is always to be expected this is pvp after all.

I feel if there is any abuse of the bounty system is people having faction mates or “friends” kill them for the bounty, but if losing that base hurt you that bad I am willing to give you some resources to get you back on your feet :exploding_head:

Making a home base in PVP is like asking to get wrecked.
I agree that the bounty system needs some tweaks from what I read here, it’s not used for anything else than that currently ?
But no one forces anyone to make a base stuffed with assets deep in PVP. warping takes seconds, you can just make one in PVE.

Now that some time has passed with the changes to bounty system… I am curious how often (if at all) the bounty system is being used now @RexXxuS
I got a bounty for killing someone on 17 05:50 but pretty sure that whoever put the bounty either was/is not aware of bounty system or it was old bounty on this player.

Here are top 10 bounties on the servers as of this time in connect hunter board (note the 10kk bounty on Daschke was prior to the bounty system change)
NA:

EU: