Will 5.1 be a wipe?

Also personally one of our big sticking points has been the 20k blocks for bases. If you want a cv landing pad of all solid blocks, it will easily take atleast 2k per moderate cv parking space. We have had to resort to terrain flattening, and since this is pretty much by hand only, is very slow going, and has trees respawn in mid air, throwing our ships around

1 Like

Horrible lag in large CV fights.

Have you been in a fight with 6+ 20k CVs? It just doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Why? Why 30k blocks?

I get the lag shot issue, but fact is that everyone has to deal with it. Even if we were limited to 5k blocks and lagshots were not fixed, we’d still have a level playing field. In fact I think it’d possibly be better as losing a 5k block ship is far less frustrating than a 30k block one.

2 Likes

Because if you have 30k blocks you ahve the opportunity reduce chance of the lag shot to minimum. And i want to have one of my combat Titan. I like live in it.:slight_smile:

with the 20k limit the game is unplayable in space with more then 2,3 lagships.

Oh I see. You want a 30k titan to slaughter 10k newbies with. Carry on.

Ring Thing was 15k blocks and lag shots were not an issue.

You and I know full well that more than 2 layers of white space do not help with lagshots. If you don’t know that. you do now.

A 30k ship is no more immune to lagshots than a 15k one.

I say this: You dont like cats only because you don’t know how they to cook? :slight_smile: This is only saying. But you have theme for mind

P.S. Strange but on my combat corvette-interceptor CV with only 3k blocks i NEVER take the lag shot even in fight with massive CV’s in 4.0 And now in 5.0. Big size - big calcalations. And for now our game have big problems with calculations and network perfomance. But maybe it is just luck.

And lastly - I can’t stand restrictions on the count of weapons, etc. Before the game was like the flight of thought. Now the terms of some limitations. But we will have a reload animation in first person - WIN! :joy: If I had the power to influence developers I would have done so: (regarding CV classes and weapons)

1. 100dev 2.5k blocks - cannon and minigun turrets - max 4 laser
    2 150 dev 5k - 4laser 2 missile launcher - flack turrets pulse turrets
    3 250 - 7.5k - 6 laser 2 ml + rocket turrets
  2. 350 - 12.5k - 8 laser 4 ml + plasma turrets + 1max artillery turret
    5 500 - 20k - 10 laser 6 ml + 3max artillery + 6max rocket turrets +8max pulse or flack turrets
    6 750 - 30k - 10 laser 8 ml + 4max artillery +6max plasma turret
    7 1000 - 30>k - 12 laser 10 ml +6max artillery +10max rocker turrets +8max plasma turret

Based on now blocks HP and weapon damage. Becuse now it is NOT logical. 2.5k blocks CV and 20k blocks Cv have the same weapons count.

I’m also in favor of reducing turret limits (for CV). Even on larger ships it’s a pain to fit all turrets. There are too many. 6 cannon+minigun = good in case of planetary combat but the others should be reduced a bit.

The new restrictions are great dont listen to the one giant cv stuff people will just have 1 giant battleship and put their deep space base on multiple smaller cv

Yeah it is greate build ship like no soul shit-cube. Or maybe you hands grove from wrong place?

So make it defenseless. Or cap speed at 60m/s. I couldn’t care less. I am just talking about the flow of the game, and the common concept of having one ship be the mother ship, and the rest of the fleet as support.

I understand McP but all I see is how it will be abused

Also if you cant build a good ship with the 5.1 limits you are a terrible ship designer :smiley:

As I said, That is the only one that doesnt fit, and its because of it’s purpose. You try adn get processing facilities, parking for 20+ large sv, grow plots, and storage onto a ship, while keeping it aesthetic and functional, and see how well that works with 20k blocks. :slight_smile:

Its not bad we did it for quite awhile, use sv made of constructors for long haul jobs, o2 sv for o2 systems, etc

It all comes back to the point Mord keeps trying to make, that CV’s could be built more on a scaling slider, allowing for juggernaughts and interceptors off the same building style, and stats capped based on size. Things like speed, turrets, etc.

I do agree with that, some sort of size class that has actual effects on the ships physics, build cost multiplier, etc but thats long term complex stuff

Agreed. But noteworthy, especially when a large chunk of what they release in 5.1 and are proud of is light bloom, maybe the devs being prodded with possibilities for core game enhancements could be helpful.

The lighting stuff was mostly due to the unity version upgrade, but if clip shots are fixed or even much more rare that would be the largest core game change I can remember.