A Vanillian Odyssey

Feeling a little better this morning. Not 100% but getting there. No work tomorrow so hoping it will be an eventful night in Vanillia. Thinking of causing trouble on the Zirax moon finally. I’m sure there has got to be some decent loot there. Plan is to fix up Negan for the trip.

Well got home early from work and was able to spend time with my granddaughter before her mother came to take her away from us :frowning: She did visit for a long time though because my little snow pea was snuggling comfortably. But now it’s time to gear up and see what trouble we can find on that moon. Coffee brewing…

1 Like

Happy New Year adventurers! Be safe out there in your own travels.

The gang showed up for an end of the year group photo :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoying a quick sunset for loading up.

Should be enough to get Negan there and back.

Guess who’s back? Back again…Picked an unexplored spot and rolling the dice. Come on nat-20…

Was notified of a POI and parked Negan behind a ridge to be safe. Got close to the wreck and was nailed by a rocket from this base…

While getting pelted by this guy.

Sent my drone up to get a lay of the land and this was the last thing he saw before vaporizing :frowning:

Sorry gang, we need a little more firepower to take the moon. Mo reminds me again that there are still Zirax on the planet just dying for a show. I giggled and we decided to call it quits again.

So we gather fallen scraps from the floating firing squad and head back. Along the way I figured it would be a good idea to attach a couple crucial assets to another NPC core we snagged from the Polaris mining blunder. We will give this one more attention another time.

There were a couple of these floating around. Could make good use of them depending on how long this adventure goes on :smirk:

Back on the planet we loaded up and headed back to the Spaceport we spied on last time.

They called for reinforcements. Mo made short work of them with his famous tunes.

Wanted to give the general some action and scoped a couple victims as well.

Got stuck in the middle of a few of Mo’s heavy metal fans for death #7.

Running from one frying pan to another I was able to rescue the gang.

Now with the ground opposition suppressed, we can take a look inside. “Oh hello there!”

They just throw themselves at Mo sometimes.

It’s odd how they just leave these things laying around like this. Would be a shame if someone…

Was surprised by this guy after going back ouside. Mo sang out to them and they took off in a hurry without dropping anyone off :frowning:

So we decided to level the place :grin:

Stopped at our O2 farm on the way back and saw a family of XP taking a drink. I left one alive to tell the tale :wink:

Got back home to sort the loot and heard this guy snooping around. He was checking out the entire base.

Mo and I followed him around for a bit while watching the sunset and finally gave him his goodnight song.

1 Like

Spent most of the day neglecting the gang. With the new season approaching I was in creative trying to come up with new CPU compliant builds. Ended up getting frustrated playing the numbers game and finished with a small mining CV that will get torn to shreds in hostile environments. But it does have a great view for mining and/or dying :grin:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1956286909

Ok real sick of creative so I’m back from work and heading in to see what the gang is all up to…
We discussed it and said this is a decent spot to look for trouble. Scoot suggested we go light and check the area out before taking Negan out there. “I don’t think those sentry guns he has will match to base turrets well.” I saw the logic since Scoot has been shot at a couple times in past experiences.

Those do look like base turrets…Oh hi Mr Zarax laser man! Did not see you there. Don’t worry, Mo will be back to play with you all.

After dodging a few bullets, Scoot convinced me to investigate all the Zirax locations so we can plan taking them out one by one. He seems to have a few decent ideas today.

We were notified of a shelter near by. Figured we would give it a go.

Said hi to the local Talon patrol. Was growled at.

Found nothing of interest in the shelter until it started raining. Was interesting to see rain lag shot through the walls. Tried to screen shot it but couldn’t hit it just right.

Drone base got a few shots off on us as we got closer. Didn’t seem to hurt much but kept our distance in case.

Found 2 defence towers on the other side of the drone base. We got right up to it before it started firing. Not sure who was at the controls or what they were shooting at but it was not us. Decided to dip before they figured out their targeting systems.

Ooo a floaty base. Marked you for later :slight_smile:

Didn’t notice how much fuel I didn’t have until I looked at that last screen shot so rushed to get back to the base. Made it just in time. Scoot said he was never worried.

“Tis but a flesh wound.” Scoot the comedian says to us. He knows how much I hate Monty Python so he tries to rub it in all the time. prick…

Safe back home we talked it over. The crew thinks I should go back to creative to build a little tank for those bases. Back in the shop we go…

Meet Skip. He will let us know what is needed to take down a Zirax base.

So we just need a few things to get our new tank spawned in.

Sorry little guy. I guess you can live up to your name at least :slight_smile:

For those that laugh at salvaging lots of steel plates: Ha!

We docked Skip to Negan and headed over to stir up some trouble in the north.

When we got there Negan wanted to light up some of the Zirax on foot. A couple of them brought rocket launchers and took out all but one of his sentry guns and the advanced constructor. Pulled away a little and hop in our newly spawned tank. Skip’s dual rocket launchers made short work of those turrets. The 15mm was nice for swatting drones and ground troops.

Knock knock!

Don’t you know to ask who is at the door before just opening to any knock? Silly Zirax :grin:

And here is what we came for. After Mo takes this out, it’s time for T to start “remodeling” the place :wink:

See this guy floating around after finishing tearing down the top 2 floors, “You are next!” says T.

Redecoration complete. Time to see that other floating monstrosity.

Right about here I noticed my rockets stopped firing. Ran out of rockets. Come to find out they were put into Negan earlier when I was shuffling loot around. Wish I would have checked him before going all the way back to the base…

On the way back Negan tried picking a fight with this guy. Was so cute to see them running from his single sentry gun. :grin:

And now we say goodnight after adding a little more firepower to Negan. We have a few more targets for Skip to choose from next round. I would say he did pretty good his first run. :slight_smile:

Home from work and coffee is brewed. Ready to cause some trouble with the gang. Hop in and listen to Mo howl at the moon :slight_smile:

Good morning General. Are we ready for some action?

We just couldn’t resist. Didn’t work :frowning:

Mo and Negan seem eager. “Time to see that shrine and save those Zirax from the burden of loot.” snickers Negan.

Skip took out all the lower turrets like a breeze. He was able to nail a couple top ones from the ground but a couple gave him trouble. Negan gave him a lift to take care of the rest.

Anybody home?

I guess he doesn’t want our money :frowning:

Mo paid him with one of his favorite songs, “Who’s hostile now?”

Took me a few but I found it :slight_smile:

This little gem gave us a new crew member. She said her name is Red. She is a little quiet at the moment. We will talk more at the base.

There wasn’t much other loot so T decided to rip the base up till he ran out of ammo. Skip and Negan work quite well together. I think they are starting to become good friends :slight_smile:

Red and I enjoyed a wonderful sunrise when we got home. I’m sure she will fit in quite nicely.

Good morning adventures! Right now I’m waiting to see if my caffeine chooses to use it’s powers for good or evil today :slight_smile:

The attention deficit train ran me into creative. Don’t remember where it started but ended up on an HV miner. Moves well for what we have to work with. Try it out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1959537655

Also been working on a new garage ship in the background. Sneak peeks not available yet :tongue:

1 Like

A radiation storm rolled in shortly after i rejoined. Red enjoyed the lightning show.

Such a busy storm today. Was able to catch a strike on cam finally :slight_smile:

Looking at ammo stock I saw Skip could use more homing rockets. Then I soon find out we are out of magnesium. Seeing how we are now friendly with Polaris and Talon from wrecking so many Zirax toys, we decided to check out the local markets. Took Scoot out for a spin around the globe.

Stopped at an outpost for a moment to check out a cool looking crossbow.

The Talon have fun looking toys :slight_smile:

Got here just in time to chill with this dude watching the sunrise. He growled a bit. It was expected.

Not nearly as much as this guy growled though. I guess someone must have fed him after midnight…

Talon trader was only a farmer but did have a little magnesium powder. Time to check out to see what Polaris has to offer. I just hope somebody remembers where we parked.

They are interested in your well being so much that they neglect their own mining crew’s well being to bring you strange and exotic resources from all over the galaxy :grin:

This mall security guy kept eyeballing me. Must have thought I was going to steel something…

Time to make some fake money. Loaded up some gold, copper, and refined pentax and made about 40k.

Scoot and I caught a great sunrise on the way back. Now time to grind up a few more rockets so we can take a visit to Zirax town. I hear they are just dying to see us perform :grin:

Hopped over to HWS for dailies just in time to catch this on camera :smiley:

2 Likes

Took Negan and Skip and investigated this area. Took a few shots from quite a few different sources. The anti aircraft turret had homing rockets that nailed our left turret. Was able to strip turrets off all the rest of the bases and headed back.

Don’t worry little buddy, we will get you some more firepower. So back to creative we go.

After refitting Skip I decide to give Scoot a few mods as well. Join in and start prepping the blueprint factory. Looking at the map I notice this unexplored section and take scoot out for a last run before a rebuild…

“This looks like a nice morsel for later.” Says T with an odd grin…

Get notified that we are in Zirax territory as well as a crashed ship nearby. Scoot suggests we pitch a tent and crack this open in day light.

Wake to another wonderful sunrise. T starts tearing down the wreckage for a nice breakfast before we head out.

Guess he was hungry after seeing that floating artifact earlier.

Continuing the unexplored area we found a decent sized Polaris city.

I smell a market :slight_smile: Hoping to find some goodies here.

Oh those CPU extenders…

Found my money makers.

Of course they have a drug dealer…err I mean a licensed pharmacist. Went back and forth from the base with me loot making some cash. Have a little over 300k now.

Back after shopping it was time to spawn the boys. Skip was eager to get started so we docked to Negan and headed to that newly found Zirax base in the south.

Started out by putting that last entry and heard explosions. Flipped back to see that Skip has targeted a space slug with his shiny new weapons and did not seem to care that Negan was in the crossfire. Negan says not to worry and press on. His core is still intact. So we adjust the targeting systems to ignore foot soldiers to be smrt!

Zoom in with the arty and see a couple drones and not many base turrets. “This is gonna be cake!” says Skip. We head in rockets a blazing.

Wasn’t able to screen shot any of it because it happened so fast. The base had 4 turrets that Skip took out quite nicely. I noticed that his rockets were not shooting the drones. I was about to turn the targeting systems back on drones when I heard Mo say that he could make short work of those 2 puny drones. I hop out, forgetting I was not in first person view and had no cross hairs, I try to take cover in the hangar of the base. This is what I fell into:

So I quickly think spawn at Negan, turn on weapons, fly over and use the registry to turn on Skips targeting systems as well so we can rescue the crew. I spawn in and find that Skip killed the cockpit on Negan…

Need to brew some coffee for the next batch of critical thinking…be back to tell you how it all (doesn’t) work out :wink:

Ok had a few ideas ready on what I was going to try. Looked in Negan’s ammo box and found a survival tool. Hit F2 to see what i have ready to spawn. What luck, Scoot was there ready to roll. Negan had fuel cells to get him going. Hear a stalker near by and played a peek a boo with my survival tool.

Got a little arrogant after killing that last one and decided to tangle with this guy. Was going well while I danced around him. He wasn’t able to hit me, his friends were :frowning:

Spawned again and this time headed straight for Skip. Remembered the system registry and flipped his targeting systems back on remotely. Got there to see the way cleared and rescued the crew from digital oblivion :slight_smile:

Got arrogant again and did a little investigating in the bunker. Was killed inside shortly after hearing a door open. The respawn options were 500m away at Negan or current location. I think “Skip is out there taking care of any ground troops so I should be good.” Pick current location and get ready. Spawn in front of a defense tower near by. Caught in the cross fire of it’s 4 turrets and several ground troops. After death number something, I spawned at Negan and headed straight for the bunker.

Was able to get to Scoot somewhat unharmed and saw that Skip had been shot at, missing his artillery turret and the cockpit :frowning: Started heading back and saw shots being fired in the distance. Found these guys picking on Negan so I flipped him and Skip to public using the remote registry… “Oh! Hello there!” Took off as they started firing at me.

Watched the sun setting with Scoot on the way home.

Still plenty of time to watch the sun set with Red when we got back.

“How much damage did we take last night?” Mo asks seeing double as we wake.

Next mission, save our savior. Knew I needed at least a cockpit and a generator, got a couple thrusters just in case and headed out to assess the situation.

36mps was slow goings. Especially going around the mess.

Got to a banged up Negan and see that his ammo box is gone as well as the loot inside :frowning:

Still enough to fly though. Attached the cockpit and generator with no resistance around.

Negan doen’t seem worried. “Battle scars!” he shouts as we head home.

So after that last mishap, I went into creative to see if I could make a sentry transporter CV for Skip. Needs to be small, cheap, and have planetary weapons to kill those pesky drones and such. Meet the newest edition to the team, Brock.

After playing the blueprint factory game, I was able get a new copy of Skip spawned in as well as Brock. Loaded them both up and headed to the weapons bunker that gave us so much trouble last time. Brock did quite well defending the area while Skip took out the base turrets. I hear Paul Smecker screaming “It was a firefight!”

Cracked open the bunker. Was killed by this guy. Since I was smrt and thought ahead, spawned right in Brock who was sitting outside still nailing random drones. Safely got back to Mo and crew to continue our wrath.

Another one bites the dust…

T very much enjoyed chewing this place up. Was super satisfying listening to it crumble when structural integrity failed :grin:

Apologies adventurers, the crew and I have been away for a few days. We received a hail from a odd source and have been preparing for a journey to another realm of wonder and imperilment. There is a warp gate we have been given the coordinates to and heading out tonight. The drawback to using this type of warp gate is we cannot guarantee we will arrive in the same location. I’m sure we will meet back along the way. Come join us for The Prototype Aberration.

you should thank your prey for its meat and xp.

1 Like

I do! Every time I munch on a steak :grin: