Abuse of PvP game mechanics

I remember getting caught in that floating chicken wire :joy:

1 Like

Full disclosure- Will apologized for that in a direct message, lol. Maybe all it takes is for Shmak to apologize and weā€™ll be cool again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The issue of the OP is clear cut,

ā€œSince HV to SV docking will come in 10.6 (soon), I want to start a new ā€œtestā€ in the 10.X season and get rid of any CV on PvP planets . This has a lot of reasons but mostly with my vision to boost a fair planetary fight, where every vessel has its purpose.ā€

RexXxus made his intentions clear, but the restrictions too loose to prevent it. I personally donā€™t have a problem with CVs on planets as long as bigger bases can be built to protect against it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying you did. Iā€™m saying you were there. Please DM me on Discord and Iā€™ll be happy to talk about it. I really donā€™t want to discuss on a public forum, especially a thread that will likely get closed soon anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Floating blocks on bases are allowed.

2 Likes

Man, I did tell Will that the floating ā€œchicken wireā€ on those bases in GG a few weeks back were awesome. A couple of us totally got caught up in it and got hammered by the turrets while we tried to find our way out. That was one of the best surprises Iā€™ve had in a while. Kudos to whoever designed it.

3 Likes

I understand where your coming from Will. And yes abusing the game rules, mechanics, and playfield limits like this to win in pvp is not right and should be punished. Especially when done multiple times without consequences. I wouldnā€™t ban the whole faction and i donā€™t think thats the answer. I think the answer is to ban temporarily the individuals involved in that abuse. And increase the ban time the more they do it. Let the ones who have abused the limits in pvp by bringing a cv of that size to take down 3 little bases from a smaller faction be judged.

Some of these same people who preach that they want to create and encourage more pvp are some of the same ones doing the abusing and breaking the rules that discourages people from doing pvp or even trying it. Thats a contradiction and hypocrisy right there. I hope they wise up for the sake of the server and the community who plays in it.

1 Like

Funny thing is that ā€œfloatingā€ fence is completely legal! Take a look at community guidelines, you might be surprised about what you can and canā€™t do! Like floating blocks are only allowed on bases!

1 Like

Never said is wasnā€™t legal only that I got caught in it as it was a good trap!

1 Like
  1. This should be in the Get Support Section.
  2. Thereā€™s no need to have the faction tag in the title.
  3. The suggestion of ā€˜banning ABNā€™ is silly. The only time there has been a group punishment was for all RED players on a single playfield who were allowing one of their mates to repeatedly tackle CVS, and that was only after we lost like 5 cvs to tacklingā€¦

Best regards,
Wise.

1 Like

Not considered abuse, as you would say, point out the rule. I never did it to gin my shields, I did it because you where chasing me with 4 class 5 CVs and a few Svs just to get the kill, so I took the satisfactin away - I escaped and you didnā€™t get the kill. This was before we knew there was a shield glitch anyway. However, I have seen you orbit hop, I have seen all of FV (well the FV players that have been around for awhile) orbit hop, etc. Quit the bickering about orbit hopping until you have someone who doesnā€™t orbit hop.

As Iā€™ve said multiple times, you are purposefully blowing this out of the water. I suggested you be banned from PvP for the rest of the season, this is the FOURTH tme you have acted out without punishment. Itā€™s time for you to learn good, bad, and that bad comes with a punishment.

Again youā€™re just using this to derail the topic, I said it was only my suggestion, not Rexā€™s, so it doesnā€™t really matter because it was just my opinion. Youā€™re using it to claim the whole post is ridiculous - which is ridiculous, my bet is you canā€™t argue against the post so youā€™re latching onto this one detail as if itā€™s everything because itā€™s one of very few you can fight.

More about atmo hopping, one of the two things youā€™re fighting, it isnā€™t abuse and Iā€™m tired of you using it as an excuse, I donā€™t have a shield genrator left half the time I atmo hop, no shields = no abuse.

Iā€™m no complete victim :smiley: but much more of a victim than ABN in here, as you usually have blown my shield hgen off before I atmo hop - it doesnā€™t really matter. You see me use it to escape you, then land on planet place a warp drive and go straight to warp in space from my SV.

^^ Thereā€™s that too, as I mentioned earlier, atmo hopping isnā€™t an exploit. I donā€™t even think atmo hopping with shields is an exploit.

Not much of a point when your entire point is I did something wrong, but I did nothing wrong, unless Iā€™m missing something here.

I think I just hit 4! Just kidding lol, but I do have to complain a lot. I have to complain because YOUā€™RE faction continues to abuse PvP limits, from privating bases so they get deleted thanks to HWS system to flying a class 5 on a 150 block CV max size limit planet.

As I have said, I have NOT abused the limits except for the one mention in MY post, BUT if you donā€™t agree you need to quit complaining about how I abuse game mechanics when you survive off of abusing game mechanics. How did I do this, do you have proof? Report me for all I care, but quit making crap up and expecting it to sound reasonable, you didnā€™t even say what I did, for all we know it was me spawning an armor stand in EGS :eyes: oops, oh wait that was last season. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, thatā€™s probably a combination of
1: You have no proof
2: You didnā€™t even mention what you claim I did
3: Youā€™re factionā€™s abusing the limits, so reporting me for them would ruin your entire factionā€™s chances to abuse them.

As I have said about a dozen times now, I am not permanently banning you from PvP, you imply it will last longer than the remainder of the season.

Iā€™m HOPING that by doing something this drastic you will come to realize right is right, wrng is wrong, and bad gets punished. Right now, I canā€™t even really plame you, if police never pulled a single person over for speeding, how many people would be speeding rigt now? A dangerously high amount, there will always be one person who follows the laws, but if Rex doesnā€™t dish out some punishment, this kind of behavior will continue.

Well, as weā€™ve said, I donā€™t have a shield generator most of the time, but even if I did, go through the rules and tell me where itā€™s against the rules, an exploit? Well, considering you remove those shields with multiple class 5 CVs in under 1 second of fighting, they donā€™t really do me any good, hence where it isnā€™t much of an exploit (or Iā€™m just doing a bad job doing it)
But seriously, when YOU arenā€™t abusing it then report me for it, you proved my point on this one. Since ABN member (except paul-voller) Ihave seeb in PvP has used this abuse, Iā€™m tired of you claiming it is, you use it! If itā€™s abuse, okay punish me, thatā€™s completely fair and I understand, but literally every ABN member except Paul should be punished too, which is a ludicrous amount of people, then all of FV and most other PvP factions. Itā€™s pointless to pursue.

Umm,
A: not against the rules ( 8.3 Bases: Bases may be constructed using the ā€˜N connect ā€” Attach to Baseā€™ feature. For example ā€“ turrets, core, solar panels may be built or placed using ā€˜N connectā€™. Separated sections of a base (a base is everything that is attached to the same base core block) may be built using ā€˜N connectā€™. Turrets may be placed on bare ground. (Note: you may not overlap or clip blocks or devices from multiple ā€” that is two or more bases).)
B: good, but I didnā€™t design the base, nor did I place the chicken wire.

C: 8.4 Vessels (CV, SV, HV): Floating turrets, devices, blocks, or any combinations thereof are not permitted. All devices and blocks of a vessel must be attached one to the other.
Well, it doesnā€™t apply to that. ā€œCV SV HVā€ thisis a baseā€¦ not a vessel, which is probably why you refuse to paste the rule in, itā€™s obvious youā€™re trying to use it in a way Rex didnā€™t intend it for. Even if this had included bases it wouldnā€™t matter though, the chicken wire is supporting itself, it hs chicken wire uner it all the way to the ground or base.

WHAT!? Would you min posting that, because I wouldnā€™t consider anything Iā€™ve said to you in DMs an apology at all :smiley:and I donā€™t appreciate you thinking you can get away with this just because I was offline, itā€™s obviously not against the rules.

(I canā€™t grab a screenshot so this will have to do for now.)
Aphetto10/05/2019
The damn chicken wire on those bases caught me and Spacedude, lol! We thought were were going to be clever and fly under the base (and try to figure out why it looked like it was floating) and got caught like flies in a spiderā€™s web. That was awesome!

[OH] į“”ÉŖŹŸŹŸį“‡į“€į“›sį“˜ÉŖį“‡10/05/2019
lol
gf man
sorry about the floating, I didnā€™t mean to place it that way

Aphetto10/05/2019
you too, thanks for the action! We were going to try to sneak around and see what was up a bit more, but you ran into me in space!
and no, itā€™s no problem. It was smart because we couldnā€™t see the fence until waaaay up close.

Nowhere in there did I

Again, I donā€™t appreciate you thinking you can get away with things because Iā€™m offline, misquoting me and calling what YOU have done abuse is sickening, and Iā€™m tired of it, itā€™s pretty much the entirety of this thread now.

Well,
A: thereā€™s a reason it will get closed
B: Thereā€™s no reason to move to DMā€™s unless youā€™re hiding it from the public because you did something wrong or because you canā€™t back of your claim, but Rex can disprove it, as shown above Iā€™m sure if it stood up at all you would post it, so youā€™re trying to hide it so that you canā€™t get in trouble for posting it publicly.

Thanks! Wasnā€™t me, but the original designer has been told :slight_smile:

Meh, honestly youā€™re probably right here, most of them arenā€™t bringing class 5 CVs down, you can see thereā€™s only one C5 in that video. They all support it though, Iā€™m not saying any ABN member can stop another from abusing the limits, but there are ways to stop it, from publicly telling us theyā€™re bringing one (which hels us prepare) to working with their leaders to get it stopped, if Oz was to right now say it wasnā€™t allowed, it wouldnā€™t happen, so many of their playerā€™s are pvping and just laugh at how we will have to defend against it instead of doing something to stop it. In my mind that makes it just as bad as them dong it.

Thanks! Exactly what Iā€™m trying to say.

Although you implied it, your faction member Aphetto came out and said it, so maybe it was just aimed at the wrong person.

Except for the ABN tag, fixed! Youā€™re right, my bad, thanks!

200%20(28)

4 Likes

TL:DR
I actually think itā€™s legal. As long as they donā€™t let their CV get taken. If it gets taken then itā€™s a rule breach.
But better let Rex answer this.

This may be the case, I donā€™t know. However, going to be frank here and say it. Thatā€™s dumb. IF class 5 bases are allowed, I can see how they allow the timer as long as it isnā€™t taken. BUT we canā€™t defend a class 1 base against a class 5 for the 6 minutes they have before their kicked from atmosphere.

After speaking with a few other people, if we where allowed class 5 bases again we could - at least temporarily - fight back against this, because we canā€™t allow class 5 CVs but not allow class 5 bases and expect the bases to win.

I would also like to propose CVs do slightly reduced damage to base turrets and armored concrete, slightly below what it used to be. I know we have the option to build orbital bases, so we shouldnā€™t say they canā€™t do damage or they can only take out a turret after minutes of continual fire against it. How often do we see orbital bases or complexes though? Twice last season, one was a legitimate attempt to defend HomeWorld planet, the other was a group of CVs placed around the SV only supergate to catch anyone warping in.

I like that we have the ability, I wonā€™t be placing any because currently (they arenā€™t as fun) they donā€™t have much use, CVs can take them down easily, especially these massive class 7 CVs.

Sincerely,

WillEatsPie

Iā€™m just waiting for RexXuS to say the same thing about this that he always has, and that would be: ā€œGameplay wise you invest a lot of resources to build a big ship so itā€™s a trade off in war.ā€

This can be cited here: Attempt to sponge/shield with oversize CV in GG

This whole idea of making CVā€™s weak against bases? Hell no. I remember a time when @420Inc_Space_Ranger would put bases in Pandora Space, and then we would have to take 3/4 CVā€™s to take it outā€¦ oh wait, that was last season!

Lowering the ability of a CV once again, is a horrible idea.

Whatā€™s next? Remove ABNā€™s planet because nobody will contest it?

Also, do the entire server a favorā€¦ Quit with the forum PvP. Play the game, log some hours, and have fun. PS: Itā€™s just a gameā€¦ try and remember that sometimes.

3 Likes

Pandora is a planet, you can pretty easily take out as many bases as you want with CVs. As shown by the three Hercules and eleven Titans brought against our 6 bases and 4 players on Titan planet last season. They fell like they hadnā€™t existed. That was buffed this season, donā€™t think it needs to be buffed, quite sure it needs to be nerfed.

Never said u broke a ruleā€¦ I did mention the floating fence made of triangleā€™sā€¦ could use solid block shapes but nothing against it in the rules unless we start having lag Generated from itā€¦ again, not against rules n so this whole topic Is over rule breaking but I donā€™t see which rule?? As for changing configuration/limits thatā€™s a WHOLE OTHER TOPICā€¦ Abuse in pvp is tough To call when it states the gloves are off in pvp. Must be a legitimate rule breaking. I havenā€™t even joined in on pvp na side. Not worth itā€¦ Iā€™ll go fight the Russians on Eu.

1 Like

Will, thatā€™s a whole other topic. Please stop trying to derail this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s funny, because you brought up Pandora. This thread was made to discuss / report class 5s attacking bases, and it fits well within the parameters of the OP. I happen to know him well. :slight_smile: