Back to the roots with Block limitation | PvP improvement

That’s just too low and eliminates creative room for design. 3K at least allows armor + enough room for creativity for those that want to spend the extra time making bricks that look somewhat aesthetically pleasing.

Same basic thing as SVs, though you at least see that HVs do need to have more blocks since they can’t fly and are prone to getting stuck on terrain.

CVs don’t need to be on these types of playfields except for as “shuttles” so they don’t need more than a couple hundred blocks, I think most have grown accustomed to CVs as shuttles on high traffic PvP playfields.

Idk personally about implementing BA block limits, I think Rex said something about needing to build BAs(and anything else planetside) manually on certain playfields come 8.0. So no more BA spawning anyway, this means that I personally don’t have a problem with someone making huge BAs, once I have started taking it down they can’t just instantly spawn in a new one and have to actively rebuild/repair it.

No, no and no. This would have global consequences as others have stated, something I didn’t even mention. POIs are already difficult enough for non-vets with these high damage values. You can’t set all values based solely on PvP considerations when there’s not just a PvP crowd on the server. We have to consider people other than just ourselves.

3 Likes

thats sooo true…

1 Like

that isnt a CV^^

CV fights works good. but most bastards warping direktly out. But that would be with all block limits!

1 Like

@Alandauron Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I have no desire to belittle anyone so for the sake of clarity I will define my terms. BTW I wasn’t singling out @Ranzeth, I was making the comment because of the tone of the topic, not the author specifically.

In regards to this 1. I’m fairly new to the forums. I just finished my first half-season so I’m new here. 2. “You Guys”…really I’m part of a forum clique now? No. However lets get hypothetical for a minute - even if the only time I posted was in regards to a change - why is that a negative? If the forum is a space where we can all share our views - are only certain views noble and others unworthy? My original comment about White Knight/Rexxus Pet was directly related to you and any other poster that tries to police my comments as if there is some unspoken committee monitoring microaggressions and 1000 other PC ideas. I’m not interested in other players trying to tell me what I’m allowed to post and what I’m not allowed to post. If any posting is a rule violation (I hope not) and one of the owners/police correct me for it - well that is their job.

So am I using the phrase White Knight correctly when I apply it to any poster who “defends” someone elses ideas/actions by telling me the defended is right and I’m not posting correctly - or am I misunderstanding the concept?

Rexxus Pet language = “Rexxus said it therefore it’s true and he’s right”. I REALLY have no desire to debate if Rexxus is right or not. I generally think Rexxus has a far clearer overview of the entire game than perhaps all the players combined - so I assume because of his amazing success he absolutely knows what he is doing. If I challenge a change it is simply may way of asking “Have you considered this?” If I challenge the logic of another player sometimes it’s not always about “Hey I know something you don’t” (e-pene measuring), but to try to understand better for myself.

I’m old so if I didn’t use “white knight” correctly or it is inflammatory - that wasn’t my intent.

In regards to the topic itself - I’m not throwing it out. I am postulating that the majority of the playerbase aren’t elite builders (myself included) and I do believe there is an exact sweet spot between creative license (less restrictions) and game balance. If this change benefits 10% of the playerbase (elite builders/pvpers) [I’m using the % as an example I don’t know what the percentage is] then I think it would be important for the rest of us to have a voice too.

So my concern is if enough changes are made that only cater to the elite [insert appropriate empyrion noun here] you will eventually arrive at a very customized server that encourages elite players only. And in case you missed it I did say that the amount and frequency of changes has been overwhelming for me (paraphrasing). Apologies to anyone who felt I was attempting a character assassination.

I think one element of this thread I don’t like is that it starts out with the assumption we (all of us) need/want this change as opposed to who wants this change. Because of that a relevant topic was bypassed/sidestepped. In a sense my comments are responding to that unasked question (if it was asked I missed it).

Thanks again for challenging my information.

Peace

5 Likes

Just a few points in regards to this:

• I often have to remind myself that the PvP community even on this server isn’t the majority though they are the most vocal
  • This change [block limits] is actually only to impact specific playfields in the hopes of benefitting the less “elite” by lowering the resource requirement(mostly in ammunition crafting to penetrate all the extra armor)
  • I often try to work against this group and remind them that changes for PvP often impact other aspects of the game, some of them want to double all weapon damage which would cause sweeping impacts on PvE players, I say no to this personally

I hope I didn’t take your previous comment out of your intended context, I try not to, I just know that statements like that often are intended to belittle and try to avoid them myself in order to have a better chance at decent discussion. Thanks for clarifying though!

1 Like

You are perfect. Thanks for taking the time to read my comments and share your views.

I think challenging each others information is a healthy form of expression of ideas.

Keep them coming!

1 Like

Rex some of us are testing 3k Block SV’s on EU GG against the rusians, and i am pleased to say that
i personaly had some good results. I was fighting with a ship rated 3114 blocks and i kept in the battle
against the ruskies basicaly till i got bord lol, 3hours.

providing you are willing to repair your ship when you start seeing your cockpit you can stat in
a fight as long as you want to be fair. no one ever really gets a legit kill in a SV other than a
lag shot now and again.

i have been fighting non stop all week agaist the rusians and i can confirm that block cound needs
slashed dramticaly for it to actualy have a endgame (killing you Enemy).

My “Opinion” all svs need to go on a diet. people will complain and stamp there feet because
thay like to feel safe in a flying tank but its got to change for the game to evolve. what is key
what ever change happens as always its got to be balanced and what the comunity
want.

its far to easy for people at the moment with SVs, Max block count 0 skill.

the SV i am flying at the moment is 3k blocks and i have no problem fighting 7-8k ship

if you want my 10p’s worth of advice between 2.5k and 3.5k is a good start

Blind Cat.

1 Like

So far no one has posted a reason to have more than 3,000 blocks on a SV. The only ones who even have more than that now are PvP bricks, not creative designs… that I have seen. If anyone has a ‘creative’ SV with over 3000 blocks please say so and post your numbers for the discussion.

My personal experience it that we worked hard to get MORE blocks on our SVs only because the enemy had them, not because we needed the extra to be creative. We were happy at .8 class size. We just couldn’t compete with 5 v 2 and garage ships that size.

And what about garage ships? 10 homing rockets and 10X the hitpoints per block will be an even bigger advantage to the wealthy and longtime players. New players will NOT sink the credits into one of these, and if they did it would get destroyed and cause even more rage and quitting.

If we reduce block size do we not also have to eliminate combat garage ships at the same time to avoid massively unbalanced fights?

2 Likes

Yeah, fair is subjective. (Dont you dare quote this extreme example) Garage ships are the MOST Pay to win/noob killer/Big faction thing IN THE GAME… (That was to make a point, you know I love all this stuff :slight_smile:)

Now that said, I Acually like garage ships I think they are great, and my gold hunger continues! Garage ships is one of the key things that make HWS great!

What I am getting at is, perfectly fair noob friendly = Prefab only PvP and no donations… <<— VERY VERY BAD and stupid.

I love donating and getting something REALLY cool! And I love garage ships because its like something to work towards and enjoy.

Some things arent noob “Friendly” Thats why Noobs want to learn and become Veterans… Otherwise why not just sit at starter forever and think your handgun is as good as it gets? Without awesome things like garage ships and OCD, OAM to work for and enjoy HWS would not be HWS.

3 Likes

i personaly think we need to see a end to crazy PvP garage ships, to compare
its like Romania taking on the USA in a full on war lol.

I only say this bacause my angenda is to balance the game (Fine Tune). i dont
plan or want to put people’s noses out off place, but surely we can all agree
that garage PvP ships are just rediculous.

Balance game play by lowering block counts and putting smart limits on bases
will make the game more competative.

i belive we need much better incentives for new players, and we will be able to hold onto these
players by balaning the game toward that/them.

2 Likes

Man, I hear you, but I LOVE certain things about garage ships. SOmething to protect, something to buy, drive econemy and make people DONATE!

But at the same time, those Cheep evanmaur Engine (IDK how many) 10Kish? Block monsters that turn FASTER then my interceptor is stupid…

I like the normal PvP garage ships, extra missles and be on your way lol Some extra armor too, sure.

1 Like

ur probably right i was hitting up a V wing yesterday, and i had proper ship Envy
but if there are block limits i just hope the battles dont still end up like mini CV
battles. i am not totaly against garage ships just thing its totaly unbalanced. like
i said i just want to se a end to the crazy PvP ships that create this unbalance
in PvP

2 Likes

I love how everything is right now… if you build a smaller fighter, u outmaneuver bigger fighters but risk getting shot down faster, if ur in a bigger fighter ur fairly safe for awhile but risk getting outmaneuvered by smaller fighters… what is wrong with this? It adds alot of variety to what you can design with what purpose you want that design to be… Sure, test how many minutes a big fighter can last with a base… 1 minute, 2 minutes whoopty doo… but how many turrets do u think it can kill? Factor in the HV and SV enemies guarding it, and use ur imagination… is it really that OP? i think not… u would still have a hard time! Why not just fiddle around with turret damages rather than reinventing the wheel? If sv to sv combat is the issue why not pinpoint and fix that… why change EVERYTHING? For example, the issue was CV sponges last season… why not just ban CV sponges with a law and a harsh consequence for getting caught rather than banning all CVs all together? That change imho made more problems than fixed. Whatever. My Artanis’ kept growing bigger and bigger to suit my needs and I have been less and less agile… If I am forced to fight in a smaller sv, I will run circles around my enemy yet once again. I kinda miss shooting my targets from behind.

4 Likes

For true balance, you 100% right. But with true balance there is no need for money or gold now is there?

But to be clear I agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Nothing, except Garage ship engines (From cheep stuff like evanmaur) Lets them with very FEW thrusters and like 1-2 RCS turn and move like my 2-3K block Intercepter… Yet be more blocks then my base busters…

That would be my main issue. Normal NONE garage to NONE garage I am pretty happy. But that cheese to break turnrate/speed issue and HAVE MORE blocks then even our SV sponge is pretty rough.

I feel just a high cap, like 6K blocks would prevent/help this.

2 Likes

there are issues i agree with that… lets just hope that rex can cater to all points of views with the changes he will implement. either way im sure we will adapt as we always have.

3 Likes

God help us if he makes everything anything less then 3K, bases and garage ships would rule 100%

1 Like

Rex i dare U lol!!, Make it ur Aprilfools and then do in anyway.

Im Game for shits and Gigles

1 Like

How many of the players asking for block limits have V wings and such? How many are Lawless faction and just want more RP for kills? Speed and I have NEVER flown a garage combat ship, but we have fought plenty. Nobody will PvP if they are limited in blocks and yet have to fight against swarms of CV armored garage ships with double the guns!

Back to my old quote ‘V wing has 10X the armor per block and double the weapons, so even 2 v 1 it outnumbers the 2’

2 Likes

Right on.

1 Like