Back to the roots with Block limitation | PvP improvement

Ok, so we’ve started drifting just s bit. Mostly still on topic but Ranzeth was asking two very specific questions and I agree that these need to be discussed, maybe even a poll created for it. I’ll be adding one additional question for the benefit of the larger factions that currently enjoy the unrestricted warfare. If need be I can start a new topic, otherwise myself or someone else can just update a general consensus for @RexXxuS as we go along.

Most people seem fine with the block count at 3k/4k for SV/HV with a smaller group that would rather a significantly lower count 1k/1.5k SV/HV. The playfield(s) hasn’t been discussed at all though.

Which Playfields Need to Remain Unrestricted Warfare(No Block Limits)?

Which Playfield Would You Like To See the Block Limits On?

If Not SV @ 3K and HV @ 4K What Block Limits Do You Suggest?

Playfield List

• Homeworld Space
  • Homeworld
  • Lava
  • Ice
  • Water
  • Desert
  • Black Hole
  • Golden Globe
  • Armageddon
  • Other(please let me know and I’ll update)
1 Like

I fail to understand… Why have it limited on only a few playfields? Why not the whole server? What its ok to bring a 8K block SV and kill noobs on vulc, but bad to do it on GG?

That just to point out my opinion that limits should be all playfields, it will be constant and not as confusing

3K and 4K is ok… 1-2K is stupid, death death death, base base base.

5-6K would have least impact on meta, while barring SPONGES which is good.

1 Like

All

HQ planets

With garage ships in the equation 8,000. I don’t think enough players have fought garage ships to understand that block limits only hurt those without them.

1 Like

So what do we attack a base cluster with? Harsh language? That didn’t work on ALIENS and it doesn’t work on GG. ‘I say we lift off and nuke em from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure’

2 Likes

Nothing in most cases, and no one is talking about having this affect ALL playfields. Here’s what’s wrong with it in several cases though:

1. Armor so thick it takes so much ammo to penetrate no new/solo/small faction players can compete(due to lack of resources) when a sponge rolls in giving them a bad experience
  2. Extremely long and riskless battles in many cases that is causing many players to get bored in PvP
  3. A widening gap between new players and PvP veterans making it hard for new blood to get into PvP on HWS
  4. Sweeping affects on non-PvP related gameplay due to PvP balancing being done by Rex

EDIT: I was mistaken, it looks like there are people that do want it on all playfields, whoops.

1 Like

lol we are one of those factions so is Grizz and Speedy.

GG, Arma, HW i would say.

SV: 2.5k to 3.5k
HV; fine the way it is
CV: Cvs no idea to fair we carnt make our mind up some say10 000 some say 20 000 ??..

1 Like

Sad truth, with 3 bases per faction now, and a Million and one Factions in the “Alliance” Sponges arent that tank to start with…

Who can hit that? There needs to be a base assault tactic other then die. Current meta does allow sponges that work.

In the end Current meta does pretty well.

2 Likes

I can’t even mine on GG now let alone fight, the lag just prevents it. I would love to see a 1 base limit on PvP playfields myself.

1 Like

I like your way of talk. Noname in game-logic, talks about foolishness. If u didnt understand WHAT I talking about, than better stf, than talk dat trash, which u wrote above. I play this game from 3rd version, and saw ALL type of mass-creativity of ppl here. So Your stupid trash-talk, had no sense for me. I build cubes? U saw my ships? For all the times, I had never see u. But u already make conclusions about my creativity…

Some more trash-talk. I got my own design, and its looks more better than StarTrek style. And ofc, u never saw my ships, so how u make such conclusions - its rly enigma for me.

I never saw your ships. All your screenshots - its typical cubes of nabs, which got 0 imagination. And there is no point which could goes in my “logic”…

Its sad, but u looks on my reply with “your narrow minded foolishness of what a ship should look like”, and talk about things, which I couldnt understand.

1 Like

Its death for noobs only. but they MUST die, bc of their stupid cubes in 10+ layers SV, with 0 skill creates long mess-fight until some side got 0 ammo… Interesting? Nope. PvP - its fight for life. One must win, one must loose. Not just stupid waste of ammo, for 0 result in the end.

So less blocks = more skill u need. Especially if Rex would nerf 135 H-MSL once more time. Than game will got some sense.

1 Like

Do you use all stock blocks, or rebuild garage ships? What is your ping? Fast ping does not equal skill. Homing rockets are not because people can’t aim, they are needed because of network lag and players with 100 more ping wanting to play games too.

If you turn this server into a T1 connection or go home environment then have fun playing with yourselves because numbers will decline sharply.

1 Like

60 ping. But very old PC, so 20-30 fps max. But still, build ships with Pl and Ls, and still use them. 2 last version lost all sense in SV/HV fights bc there is NO sense in such “PvP”. Just wasting ammo. Thats couldnt be named PvP.

Ppl with low internet need to play SP, and dont wine in MP, where they got no chances bc of suck Ping. Why ALL must play suck-PvP bc of some loosers? Wonna MP? Buy good internet. Thats your problem, not others.

1 Like

Wrong kinda attitude, comments will be disregarded by me here forward. Gotta take into account other people when you’re playing MP otherwise you might as well go play by yourself.

2 Likes

What ppl? Ppl who looks worse than bots bc of suck ping? Mb in such case THIS ppl must think about other, who looks for n1 MP game?

This is rly stupid look on things. Everything got its requirement - good SP-games => better PC. Good MP game => better internet connection. All simple. If u didnt understand such thing - than there is rly no need to speak with u. U live in your pink world.

1 Like

Alpha game, still working out connectivity issues along with other issues.

2 Likes

As you sometimes catch me while mining asteroids in Black Hold and i warp out… shouldnot you share my opinion ? (3000 blocks CV). My CV that you always miss to stop is only size 2,66, i swear that this is the truth !

Maybe Rex can confirm (Mini-Death-Star).

Ahh i missed to answer the question : „Which playzones should receive the block limit ?“

Answer : „All PVP playfields“

Ahh yes Rex and as i have many structures with much more blocks than i suggested as new limit in PVP space : Please tell us your decision about block limit but please give us a bit time to evacuate/downgrade the structures with too many blocks from there… hehe😜

It should not be possible to modify garage ships.

Here is the confirmation of Blind Cat that 3000 block SVs will not change the „blocks >skill“ Situation :slight_smile:

„Rex some of us are testing 3k Block SV’s on EU GG against the rusians, and i am pleased to say that
i personaly had some good results. I was fighting with a ship rated 3114 blocks and i kept in the battle
against the ruskies basicaly till i got bord lol, 3 hours“

This is a proof that my suggestion of 1000 blocks for a SV in PVP is correct.

1 Like

I vote make the limit a little bit larger to start with but make it global, we don’t need massive ships on any playfield really…

SV Blocks: 4K
HV Blocks: 5K
CV Blocks: 10-15K

A single planet with low limits (1-2K) for light skirmishing would be good.

2 Likes

I am not certain this is true. If you look at PVE players vs PVP players in a season? yes. If you look at from Game hours played per season?? I am willing to bet (I have no proof just a hunch) that PVP player base would have a much larger %. Also the large PVP factions log in daily, which increases the number of players on the server which causes Newb players to say ‘Oh look that server has a high pop it is probably awesome’.

Again I don’t have proof of this, only a hunch but if someone could find the numbers I would love to see them.

1 Like

How many days are you going to give us to adjust to the new limits @RexXxuS ?

Thanks

1 Like

Its exactly what I say. If you have a 3000 blocks CV or 30.000 Block CV you can ever warping out. or you are really lame :smiley:

1 Like