Back to the roots with Block limitation | PvP improvement

Hmm thats true. A solution could be to set a flag not allowing you to warp out of a playfield, for instance if you are „guilty“ you can not warp into PVE playfields. Maybe this could be used placing a „flag to leave“ somewhere in the playfield and gold asteroids for mining somewhere else.

But i still vote for 3000 block CVS, the firepower of CVs is too low to bring down size 7,49 CVs. You can test on my 7,49 Imperial Star Destroyer😂

2 Likes

Hmm when did you do your last CV fight?

CVs do massiv Damage at moment that is good.

But the most Noobs (like Dadd.St. or Bo.7. I wontsay the correct name :smiley: ) only flying back in fight so you couldn hit them good. Because of that chickens CV wouldn end fast. And when you could hit them they warp direcly out :smiley:. But that would be the same with 3k block ships. Playing against nooobs = no end of fights. since HWS config its not a problem of Empyrion its only a Problem with noobs

1 Like

Still bitter Stunner :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow you shot me with a lagshot out of my SV? And this only with your CV? you are sooo good :joy:

You really could be happy :smirk:

And as I come after that with my CV you only need 2 sek to warp out^^
And yep I was alone

1 Like

Well, where is the block limitation ? Rex announced to implement it today morning ?

1 Like

Alright, thanks everyone for the feedback.

Some notes:

• it will be not global in the first step and only on certain playfields (see below)

• we won’t implement too crazy limits in the first step like 100 Block SVs. Maybe it become an event but overall we start big and scale down

• Garage ships are not affected by the limits below and they still have its purpose here

• Creativity by definition is the ability to create something “new” all the time. Not getting stuck in the past and fear of a change, blocking any further creative process

• The main purpose of the limits below is to make fights faster and reducing the effect of “sponge” ships. Overall it is a community request Jascha worked hard for to achieve it

New Block Limits active on Wednesday 4th April

• SV = 3000 Blocks
  • HV = 5000 Blocks

CVs and BAs are not subject of change in the first step.

• Homeworld
  • Golden Globe
  • Armageddon

These playfields we start with.
It will be in the future part of “make the universe more interesting” by having different “permissions” for planets and different designs for you to build for.

2 Likes

Will the „size limit“ be canceled on the 3 playfields when we get the „block limit“ ?

I would prefer to build beautiful.

2 Likes

Lets have a look what future brings…

1 Like

Just a clarification, does this mean that 25,000 block garage ships are ok?

Not saying anything one way or the other about what I think about limits (ok, I think they’re scary… fwiw) but is this intended to drive everyone to use garage ships for gg/hw in order to consume some of the money in the economy and scale down the inflation some?

Also, I second DarkMiracle’s suggestion that size class limits on sv/hv are no longer necessary with the block limits for these playfields.

1 Like

We don’t sell 25k Garage SVs or HVs.

No because we have learned already that people will build instead Device sponge ships. It is fine as it is now.

1 Like

tooo high. you cant kill that thing…

good good

2 Likes

That would only lead to even larger ships with lots of spacing that would be even harder to kill.

1 Like

Rex has spoken. Limits look reasonable… Time to work on a new fighter.

3 Likes

Yes, but ppl will slap a ton more blocks on them and bring them to those playfields guaranteed. The second I see someone with a 15k block garage ship down there fighting, I’m going to feel like I have to do the same…then you just have the same old problem as before. A 3k block garage ship will still have appeal for its better handling and combat steel regardless.

2 Likes

So this this rule just for unmodified garage ships?

Are modified garage ships with 25,000 blocks added onto them allowed?

1 Like

Shouldn’t the block limits work like all other limits? If it is over you get warning then HWS owns it, garage ship or not. I don’t know that there needs to be anything to single them out in the rules if they are blanket rules.

1 Like

? It doesn’t matter if Garage ship, prefab ship or blind date ship.

All fall under the Block limit hammer. > 3k = nope

2 Likes

I think this statement looks like it says garage ships will not have a block limit. It could just mean that current garage ships ae already under the block limits.

1 Like

Exactly that. I had to spawn / check all garage ships to make sure they are fine.

3 Likes

ah okay no issue here then. Let the backpack raining begin!

I might just throw out there on the side, since garage ships can no longer be up armored, maybe their prices go down a little bit perhaps?

One last thing, what about limiting CVs on HW/GG/ARMA to 500 blocks and just getting rid of the primetime for CVs?

1 Like