Back to the roots with Block limitation | PvP improvement

The Mighty Encore:

Not Arma, a less significant PVP playfield that would allow newish and smallish factions to settle without it being a primary anchor point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ā€¦Such asā€¦

1 Like

What are your proposed block limits and for which playfields?

1 Like

Altimus perhaps and the peripheral PVP systems such as iceworld and lavaworld and such, the ones that see less company in other words.

@Ranzeth: Hmmm, hard to say: Depends on the local playfield limits that I suggested so i wont give you a definitive number but more a general rule.

The less SVs allowed=The bigger each SV can be
and vice versa.

Same with the hovers.

Sorry that iā€™m being vague, if i had to throw my hat in the ring with a gun to my head iā€™d say about 1500-2000 blocks max for these SVs in particular. As 3000 plus and you get into super-tank territory.

1 Like

I like the block limits, though I think 3.5K should be the max for a class one SV.

GG/Homeworld should have the strictest limits.

Arma we can lighten up the restrictions a bit.

Why? More risk, more reward. On Arma the crust isnā€™t minable, just deposits. Personally, Iā€™m a fan of the 2.5k - 3k block range for SVs and 3.5k - 4k for HV. Just enough armor to keep SVs interesting, but not enough that everyone will be dying in 3 shots.

1 Like

Personally Iā€™d have GG/HW have the least strict SV limits as theyā€™re normally the busiest with BIG PVP bases, especially as soon the base-limit is going to be upped from 3 to 5. Therefore any change now to SVs would completely destabalise their role as successful base attack vehicles.

. Iā€™d love to see someone take my ā€˜Arty Turret destruction timeā€™ formula and apply it to a single HV Arty against a base arty! So hovers are also out of the question when it comes to base attacks in their current form.

Instead Iā€™d have the strictest limits on playfields which are semi-pvp to give newer factions a place to try PVP on less brutal playfields without big facs rofl-rolling them.

Best regards
Wise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think base limits should be at 3 if we are lowering block counts. That said, we need to lower block counts and see how it performs in real-world application. Iā€™d like to see lower block counts first and if it just doesnā€™t work out then we can raise them. The goal of the HV will be to roll in and ā€˜tankā€™ enemy fire while SVs come in and DPS turrets, but not all factions do this well.

2 Likes

Idk about the cig, never flew itā€¦ still not 30k thou

1 Like

What do you think appropriate block limits should be, and for which playfields?

1 Like

I think the main tricky part would be what exact block count would be the best; taking into account the blueprints that are most commonly used and that are not overbearing. I think for sv fair enough would 4000; so that it still has some decent room for creativity. For hv i think fair enough would be 5000; to keep them tanky and again so they have some decent room for creativity. Good luck @RexXxuS. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Youā€™ve said that word for word about 4 times in this thread :rofl:

People are not being specific enough? From reading through, seems the general consensus is 1-3 k blocks (slightly more for HV), and no difference between playfields

2 Likes

I say letā€™s just go all in.

Start simple. 100 blocks max for SV, and 1 minigun max. HV gets 120, but limited to 1 minigun turret.

5 Likes

With bases taking out three layers of blocks as is I would say 5-6k so people stand a chance against large groups of bases on gg. It could be modular by planet to scale difficulty for newbs to pros.

1 Like

Yes, because this is what Rex asked for, and their replies while trying to be helpful arenā€™t actually giving Rex the insight he requested.

1 Like

Keep in mind that a 6.5k block SV can withstand sustained base fire for120 - 200 seconds from 3 bases before having to fly away to avoid dying.

A 3.5k block SV can withstand base fire for roughly 120 seconds before imminent death is upon them, and still has a slight chance to make it out alive. (From 3 bases)

Both of these scenarios were taking into consideration a SV flying in circles over 3 max guns.

This means that SV/HV fights will take 30 - 45 minutes, as 5-6k blocks is where most people are at right now.

1 Like

Check your numbers. Ships designed to last against bases at 6k blocks last a little over a minute against two full face bases on vanilla.

1 Like

(1) I think Ranzeth meant a moving SV with a decent pilot
(2) Vanilla does not have the HWS Config (base guns do more damage)

1 Like
  1. That doesnā€™t always help. Auto targeting is nasty.

2. Hws guns should do more damage if I remember rightā€¦ Rex changes them so much I canā€™t remember:|

1 Like

I have a test server up with HWS config files and did half a dozen tests with a 6.5k SV and a 3.5k SV. My numbers are pretty solid.

1 Like

Yes, in my test I flew circles about 100m above the 3 bases. That said, my test server is set up with HWS config files, so all numbers are accurate regarding times.

1 Like