Big drama on NA - Big hack - big punishment!

Again, I can only speak for what happens in LBP but that’s not what happens in my experience.

It’s closer to:

Dude: "So what do I do?"
Me: "Spawn on M32"
Dude: "How?"
Me: "What do you mean how?"
Dude: "How do I select M32?"
Me: "It should give you an option for M32 or Earth"
Dude: "Oh…so M32?"
Me: "Yes. M32"
Dude: "Ok. Now what?"
Me: "Light side or dark side?"
Dude: "What?"
Me: "Are you on the light side of the planet or the dark side?"
Dude: "How do I tell?"
Me: "Is it bright or dark?"
Dude: "I think it’s bright"
Me: “Ok, landing to pick you up”

5 minutes later

Dude: "How do I get in?"
Me: "Use the elevator"
Dude "Oh…now what?"
Me: "Sit in the chair"
Dude: "How?"
Me: "Press F"
Dude: “Oh, cool.”

10 minutes later we’re back in pirate world

Me: "Ok. Spawned you a CV. Name it whatever you want"
Dude: “Cool! Thanks!”

The next 15 minutes is the new guy ramming his CV into other ships in an attempt to break everything for the lulz.

And that’s the LBP new joiner experience with CV’s ending up in the hands of someone who doesn’t even know how to warp much less understand turret mechanics.

4 Likes

a funny read :wink:

I know this situation exists, we are slightly going off and a tangent here.

99% of the time this is cool

the 1% time it is not (if hacked BP :wink: ), Unless they are a total noob (which we can see) the player who spawned will be banned and the player who accepted will be banned (less time)

We do not see your discord, who know what might have been said, Its the responsibility of every player joining a faction to be aware they are liable to punishment not just as an individual, but also as a faction member.

when has ignorance ever saved anyone lol? :wink:

Thanks for putting it that way, I can see what ur were getting at and I respect that, just hope that ban isn’t for to long.
I know myself I didn’t spawn the ships or bases in question and if you guys are checking the IDs you will see that, I understand this will take time as 5AP is a large faction.
No hard feelings :slight_smile: and I apologise for getting frustrated with you.

Exactly, and Masago did build some cool looking ships. I personally have no patience for ship design, so I used whatever the Faction gave me.

You can even tell in the towers I built… most of them were basically walls with guns on them lol.

I think everyone loves to hate on us for being ‘the big Pirate faction’ and we were constantly accused of things we didn’t do - and then one guy went and actually did do something wrong and caused the rest of us a huge pain in a sensitive place.

Even when we had those 26 turret bases deleted, we had though we had done everything to Achilles specifications, as he had shown us exactly how to make them look, and then we ‘thought’ we had done them up to his standards, and then the next day they were deleted anyway.

We were quite upset about that, and also felt a bit ‘singled’ out for whatever the reason. There were also times when we reported factions for things, and no action was taken

Or - I report something with screenshots and it turns out to be not true to a visual glitch, and I get a ‘benefit’ of the doubt and warning not to falsely accuse someone again. Then someone else makes a false accusation against us, and they get +RP for making the report.

Because of those two instances, we’ve felt very targeted by the Admin.

Now, no one will argue that what Masago did was wrong not in anyway; but I also think everyone’s forgetting all the fun and action we generated because of us holding Gold -

1. The amount of CV battles that happened in Orbit.
  2. The massive land battles we had.
  3. The fun RP opportunities.
  4. The organized ‘blockade’ attempts.
  5. The unification of Alliance

All these things, and possibly more only happened because we took and held Gold. And as Mord points out, it wasn’t really all that of a beneficial thing anyway. Why the heck we did it is beyond me anyway, we had guys fueling and ammoing those turrets everyday anyway, so why there was even a need to use ‘hacked’ turrets is beyond me.

So in summary, I guess what I’m saying is let’s try and remember there was a lot of fun and good that came out of what we did. We faced a lot of false accusations simply because we were the big guys on the block, and then one or two guys messed it up for us all so ‘we’ could get a little advantage.

For those who say I benefited greatly, well I had roughly 3 million in credits going in, now I"m around 4.5 million. Any and all benefit I got in terms of ‘pixels’ was wiped out as I stored most of everything I needed in my tower to defend the base.

What can’t be wiped out is all the fun and tense moments I had defending the base against massive SFA CVs. I can still remember sitting there mining a meteor, and then next thing I see is 6 massive CVs flying overhead, all on their way to assault our base.

I enjoyed that immensely, and all I can do is hope we can somehow get those moments back again.

3 Likes
  • 5AP culture has been rotten. No “Good Fight” upon win or lose. It always “rub it in your nose” after a victory or “excuse excuse cheat-accusation excuse” after a loss.
  • 5AP has multiple instances of rule breaking. That was taken into account in the ruling. This includes blatant warp camping a few months ago, repeated breaking of faction rules ultimately resulting in 5th transitioning from Trader to Hunter to Pirate, and other infractions including building illegal bases which were then deleted from Gold.
  • Rather than take responsibility for these problems, it is always one excuse after another.
  • A couple days ago, Raven had a good discussion about fixing the culture of 5AP and turning it into a respectable faction.
  • In this thread, we wee Robobob saying similar things about how this can turn into a positive.

We will see if the 5AP excuses continue to fly.

We will see if 5AP continues its rotten culture.

We will see if 5AP chooses to build on those gains made a few days ago by Raven and make this an inflection point.

Perhaps this will be known as “the purge” – the point from which 5AP operated as a respected faction.

We will see.

If they choose to continue the excuse-wielding, cheat-accusing, rotten culture, then I will continue to be a massive thorn in their side. The faction must atone for their sins and change.

I have hope based upon Ravens words a few days ago and Robobob’s words in this thread.

3 Likes

We had many instances where we have proven that we are good sports Ivanov. Yes, we definitely didn’t like the fact that you’d snipe and run from us, and we tried to goad you into a fight, and that didn’t work. You are allowed to have your opinion, I only hope we can change that. I’ve personally fought with guys in faction to get their attitudes in check, so we will see what happens from that.

I either wasn’t around for this warp camping your speaking of, or wasn’t aware someone was doing it, or I would have raised hell.

Like I said before, to our best knowledge we made sure all of our bases were up to Achilles standards, as he even showed us how they should look and they were deleted anyway. Believe me or not, but to this day none of know why that happened.

I know you don’t respect us, but many other factions do. What I won’t do is go out of my way to earn your respect, I don’t see why I should have too. But if we can get along, and cultivate a good culture as a community so everyone can enjoy the game - I’ll work towards that.

The only 5AP member I have ever seen be insufferable in chat after a fight is D4ARK5SID3 or however you spell that lovely person’s name.

And I fully support their presence in 5AP because (s)he is super easy to antagonize and we all find it hilarious. That person needs to log in more.

3 Likes

And finally some words from me:

First of all I am surprised how mannered this all is gonna happen. One guy has still some serious problems with it but other than that I welcome the most friendly reaction here.
After that stress yesterday I thought I wake up with some serious dramas.
Thank you for that!

So yeah, as Achilles said, it is not permanent. The devs already have a fix prepared after I escalated it yesterday.

Every “passive” guy who got banned and wonder why: you had these hacked blueprints in your ready to spawn factory (yes we can see it). So to stop you from spreading this and obviously assuming you knew what you were doing you got banned too.
And just a remember: you better don’t let me find such things during my patrol

Overall our policy is that we don’t ban people permanent for hacking / exploiting since they actually helped us finding these issues. They are most likely banned till the fix is applied by Eleon.
(Well there are exceptions of course and some serious misbehavior can indeed cause you a ban forever - we have some)

So I hope it reflects everything in a good way, lessons learned and people understand that HWS is not just a random, big server which just wants more and more people and let people do whatever they want.
I saw till now an overall attitude of “sorry” and it “won’t happen again” which is great.

'Cause we want that you play here as your “home”, you can trust, like and come back.
Most of this is possible with your help - the community.

Thank you all.

4 Likes

For the sake of preserving sanity, and ensuring that the innocent parties do not have to deal with the hassle.

Could we have something stated that chat of the incident be restricted to forums? Currently there are a number of people trolling 5AP in the global chat, and all of the innocent parties in 5AP do not deserve to have to put up with that.

Hello all. I’m a DSH/5AP member and am just learning of this (…been away…).

Personally, I am 100% against using exploits and cheats and I fully support the action that was taken. I can see why some may feel it was harsh, but I think wiping gold planet will be good for everyone (I expected this to happen shortly anyway and perhaps this should be a regular thing).

It would be good, as others have said, to move past this and not punish the innocent who are only guilty by association. If I had learned of this I would have urged us to remove any cheaters. The vast majority of our members are good people who are here for the long haul and want to see the game, and the HWS server, prosper.

I hope that we will all be treated fairly going forward.

3 Likes

Tell him to put on his big boy pants shit happens. You guys taunted flaunted and harassed many players during the last few months don’t expect everyone to be poor 5AP. And don’t worry about all those epics many of them are stored safely in me and zip’s ocd while we were raiding your base. Unfortunately we lost 100k of stolen goods due to the wipe.

All the fun you guys have in gold planet…all the other people dont because you guys cover the entire planet with bases or turrets. Talking about fun it would be you guys making a base and leaving other people to build one or places. So there you have an open door to everyone or every small faction or individual player to have a chance to join there and have good time.

I think the more people inside the planet the more fun it would be… But if you guys have fun in because the big amount of players you have in your faction plus own gold planet…it dosnt mean that everyone else was having fun to brother!

btw how many police reports its needed or turrets removed for a person to anderstand the right way to do it?.. Or how can report an exploid that later you do it yourself? thats soo wrong… I hope that now we can made together the playfield good together in there. Even with this and that we have the chance to take right now gold planet we dont…just because we want other people to jump in…not just for us and to spawn 50 bases or turrets just because we have an oportunity to do it now…or a big amount of players vs the other factions in this case.

Hope you guys think now on the server and not in your own privilege…it will be now finally fun for all and a lot of fair combats and good storys to share.

For me right now the pirates that are really giving good times and battles…fair ones are the LBP. Thats why people like me is looking to fight them and not to fight against 5ap with tricks, cheats or a guy ( or some) feeling like a hero just because it is with the faction that have advantage of the amount of players and way far from the quality of gaming.

Sadly this will be the begging of the end of 5ap if their dont get the sense of the server, the rules, the behavior and about factions are not about the amount and let everyone go in…its about the quality. Try to make a filter before accept anyone.

Wish you guys goodluck standing up again.

Ah, I’m glad this came up. Please, let me apologize for attributing your action from last week to malice. You’ve certainly offered a plausible enough explanation according to Hanlon’s razor. I’m referring to when you took screen shots from afar of turrets you stated were underground. I’d been on foot next to some of those same turrets the very day before. They’d been very clearly dug out by whoever placed them by a filler/flattener tool, and while the bases were certainly underground, I can assure you of two things. First, the turrets themselves were above ground. Second, from experience, filler/flattener tools results don’t always appear the same at ground level as they do from afar. This is pretty easy to reproduce, isn’t cheating, or even an exploit, as other turrets will still certainly target, fire, and hit them. If they’re above ground at ground level inspection, it becomes clear and obvious. As others have mentioned, I haven’t spent a lot of time on Gold Fed, and I didn’t have a lot of time to repudiate the claim. What was done was done, even if it was an inaccurate smear. I had assumed you were experienced and competent enough to check that, but simply malicious and vindictive with your actions in removing a lot of them with your smear when it wasn’t true. Hanlon’s Razor states: Never attribute to malice that which can be easily explained by ignorance (It actually says stupidity - but there is a difference, and you’re articulate enough that I don’t think you’re stupid). Sorry, I didn’t know you weren’t competent or experienced enough to properly validate that fact, and it’s really too late to do so now.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=salt

I like you too Mord, and I’ve also enjoyed our conversations. I’ve also enjoyed our fights and you’re a gold standard for being good at cv fights we don’t equal despite our size. Sure I was speaking in anger, but it’s not as though I cursed anyone.

Also, let’s be clear. I’m a junior leader, and by far, not the faction leader or even one of the senior leaders. I design ships in creative mode for the most part, gather resources to build them and sometimes participate in space combat when I can get it or when there’s absolutely no one else able to help.

I’ve been a faction leader many times before, and I’m quite okay with being responsible for doing my part in policing the things that are reasonable and which I’m empowered to check on - in this case, it’s practically impossible for me to check every single gun for an ammo exploit - which I didn’t even know existed before yesterday.

I’m pretty angry about the exploitation as well, please let me be very clear about that as well since I’ve not said so before. I don’t cheat, I don’t exploit, and while the ribbing in-game chat has been annoying it’s been tolerable because I knew it simply wasn’t true. Now I’ve had my good name dragged through the mud and had an unjust punishment directed at me personally, so yeah. Angry about a lot of things, but more able to calmly discuss it.

2 Likes

TO ALL THAT IS CONCERNED…

Concerning this issue, Please see THIS LINK for the official response from the actual leaders of the 5th Armada.

-VAK-

1 Like

Changelog: Alpha Experimental 4.4.3 (Build 740)

• Fixed exploit that vessels whose weapons have hacked/cheated magazine sizes could be spawned in Survival mode
  • Fixed exploit that hull blocks with 500 HP could be used for SV / HV

That makes me 2/2 on exploits.

2 Likes

For the record I totally checked all of the turrets so your post is just bs.

I find your post extremely offensive. Trying to be smart ass and basically saying very patronising things.

I have a big thing with respect and this is not how Anyone should speak to another person.

You can find another sever to play on.

2 Likes

Sad that this escalated still in blind hate of some people.

And even more sad that even after all this… showing the consequences… a fresh gold planet is again populated with hacked turrets. It is your responsibility to check what you fly / built.
The guy who placed the base might find himself banned.

Even if I escalated it and pushed the devs to fix this:

people who still fly with such ships or place them will have a bad day if we find it.

5 Likes