Big Pre HWS 8 Polls

(whiny Darth Vader voice) Nooooooooooo!

're the config file for season 8. I have been thinking that greatly increasing the range and damage of cv turrets whilst greatly reducing the firing rate may be less performance draining and more emmersive. Ie battleships emgaging at great distance with massive firepower.

3 Likes

I honestly thought the same…

Good idea! Thank you!

It is on my list for years and never got the time for it…

If you increased the range of CV turrets to 5x normal range with 1/5 the fire speed. They would get eaten alive by SVs. When they hit the SV though, they would probably kill it. As long as it wasn’t a garage ship using CV armor.

I’m sending you the bill for my carpel tunnel surgery, and no, it wasn’t from that…

TPP player went from OCD5 to OCD7 this season. I saw the gold myself. I only carried around 50M worth of bars for him from last season. It is very much possible.

I too think gold has become too plentiful. Rex has constructed the best HWS universe we’ve ever had but if I would suggest just 1 tweak it would be to reduce overall zas eres and especially gold.

Hmm ok then, how long is NA prime-time? Is it 5 hours like EU?

Best regards
Wise.

uh, as a solo player, there isnt enough gold…
gg is just a camping ground for large clans

3 Likes

Well guys I have gotten bored with 7 as it just did not update much that interested me. With 8 though I was hoping that planet size would help to make it harder to come down to a planet and instantly find all the bases on it. Now I know finding resource and what not is hard but there are other ways to get resource. Would be nice especially for guys like me that enjoy the challenge of solo play if PVP planets were big enough that you do not come out of orbit and locate all bases in 5 minutes. This gives people a chance in PVP to build up and actually chance being there. Just feels like if the planets stay that small that nothing changes with the new update. Also means that with the new Repair BP system that it is nothing to build a small outpost a few KM from a base so you can keep going back to rearm and repair and get back to it. With these large planets means you have to work to find action. Gives a lot more opportunity for better tactics and play. Now I would like to suggest a comprimise I hope that the powers that be will consider. Mix it up a bit. For those that want the small planets great give them the hotspots like GG and HW. Then make some of the other PVP planets class 5 so that I can have a base hiding somewhere that now everyone is going to find so fast. Keeping in mind one reason planet attacks are easier is meeting up to renforce is so much easier on tiny planets where in a few moments you get to the action. So please can we have the best of both worlds?

As for the Anti Grief zones I hope that is going to be all PVP planets though if it was excluded on GG I would not complain as I see no reason to go down there. Reason for this is that I do not agree with digging to a core and bypassing all defenses. Now that turrets are usless underground there is no defense against this. Now on the other side of that I would like to suggest and maybe Rex can take this to the devs. The anti grief device should have to be place on the surface only. If turrets can be disabled underground so could that. Purpose here is if you can disable that you have a chance to make your way underground if that is your choice in attack, however underground turrets would have to be allowed if only say Minigun and cannon. Think of this as like the shield generator of the Death Star (if you are not familar with this then well…LMAO) if it is taken out then you can move in tunneling forces. Two things could happen though. I could restore the unit cutting off your approach again or I could have turrets ready to cut you up. I think this will really create challenges for guys like me that enjoy making bases that have to be defended with smarts more than sitting there waiting to see the outcome of my turrets auto firing. If I am well organized you will struggle hard to break in but it is completely possible if you are working together.

With regard to OP I hope that it continues to be a feature used on this server because I do not feel that PVP should be conducted when there is only Player on one side of things. That is unfair advantage because the AI turrets are crap on their own. I know this as I have been playing 8 in SP and even the POI homing rocket are a joke. At least if I am there to repair, replace I have a chance. Also I have an opportunity to escape with my most valuable loot. Even though some think that if you attack at the end you should be entittled to all I have. If I am smart and can get out the back and escape to orbit well better luck next time.

Just would like to see some actual tactics needed in PVP instead of just giant brick SV that can take a beating from base defenses until they just fall. As always there is one clear advantage to the attacking force. You can easily rearm and repair. There is no auto repair for bases so once a turret is gone it is gone unless the base was designed for that factuality.

As for being able to spawn BA BP in PVP I think that is unfair advantage that large groups would have. Perhaps it is time to do away with that. Also would help with those that want to surround a base while someone is offline. That tactic would take hours rather than minutes. Currently you could surround my base in about what 30 if that and then not even be there when I log back in? If you had to build all that by hand and have all that material on hand would it be as tempting? I think for most the answer is No. Also means that you would be attacking my base with only ships. That you could not take out my AG device and then pop up lots of towers to overpower my defenses. Skill and tactics should be the reason you win not bullying your way there with dozens of towers.

For PVE i would love to see more Space POI and much much harder POI. Harder as in the outside defense being more formidable rather than being able to use a t1 default SV with rockets to wipe out the turrets. This means perhaps people with greater creativity the me creating POI that have defense towers spread around it. When the turrets are grouped tightly together like they noramlly are it is so easy to take them on. All the fire comes from one area and dodgeing is so easy. With towers around the POI you really have to have a good supply of ammo almost like a PVP battle would need. I think if PVE felt a lot more like PVP then maybe more PVE players would come to the darkside.

As for PVE planet sizes I think maybe class 3 so that the PF is not lagged out by overwelming number of bases on the planet. I also think that BA BP should be limited on PVE to small maybe class 2 starter base. This would greatly help with server performance from massive fortresses that never see any action.

I would also like to see something that discourages PVP people from having a PVE fortress to store all their valuables in. I think if you are a true PVP player then you are all in. No hiding in PVE until you are ready to strike then run back to the safety of PVE.

I think PVE planets need a lot more of the Envirormental threats from AI. Drones that never stop partroling. PV that never stop patroling. None of this the first group to hit the planet takes out the PV and Drone bases and now there are no planet wide threats. Perhaps since the weekend brings the greatest number of players PVE drone and PV bases should be restored and even perhaps grow in their numbers. Then PVE can truely be more than a building simulator. Give PVE people a chance to test their creations in PVE battles before they consider PVP. Also would mean it is harder to maintain yourself in PVP and PVE if you have to make sure both are completely operational. Already AI does not attack a base with no one around it but could that AG device for PVP be modified somehow for PVE to create some sort of count down of say a week before the AI will see a offline players base as free game. This could also work to help keep PVE cleaned up of those that logged in for a weekend and do not come back. Allowing other PVE people to pick through the scraps.

Overall what I would like to see is this community be great experience in both PVE and PVP. Not have PVE be just a building simulator as that is not what this game is about. Have PVP fair and available for lone wolves and new players and not have the big PVP factions rule everything.

With that in mind maybe a HWS feature where if you are say Alliance being attacked and you call for help on Discord to renforce your base that there is insentive through RP points to the bigger Alliance groups to come to your rescue. At the same time Alliance attacking Alliance or involved in attacking Alliance even as a repair base should have heavy RP disadvantages.

I know this is a lot to read and I did not read over much of what was already said as the few I saw did not offer detailed ideas. I do not have all the answers but I have been around to see all the Discord arguing. Even got my nose in them. I would like HWS to stay number one but also give more ideas and show other communities how to be great.

Now I do not get in here much as forums are not my thing. However anyone that would like to pick my brain and get me back in here for a community conversation feel free to add me on Steam. If you could please though somehow signal on your Steam profile you play on HWS even for that moment as I get a lot of friend request from people I do not even share games with. I do not want a maxed out friends list it is just not me.

Hope to take down some of your best designs here soon guys.

2 Likes

It was always intended to be the massive hot-spot of PVP action that it has been since inception, so in regards to that it’s fufilling its task.

Best regards
Wise.

Some very well made points there Dawg and very well thought out post. I particularly like the point about PvP players having a PvE fortress. While this can be discouraged with RP etc - if Rex comes down on this too hard then fewer will engage in PvP I guess. Maybe tweaking the freelancer / alliance RP system to encourage having all strucs in PvP - like Lawless but fewer RP say 2/3.

Will 8.0 universe has starter planets? With faction planets you can remove them to save some server resources.

No, we are all thrust into prototype planet with 10x the mobs and all aliens have rocket launchers and a group of slow-tards descend to try and rape you. All deposit have an even number of 7 ores and you have to spend all day traversing the class5 planet to get material to build the bike. And no OCD, OAM or FA:supply allowed. The planet vessel spawn is drastically increased to 1:50 meters.

I have to be honest where I am happy to see some liked my ideas those came off the top of my head knowing more about the PVP and PVE parts of the game then I did when I first discovered this community. I was also hoping to get many more reactions from it to directly help Rex with some solid ideas so that everyone feels there is something in the game for them.
I so want to play this game but I want to be challenged but I do not want to be overwelmed by 10 PVP players hitting me all at once. This leads to the idea of some PVP planets being bigger to allow for some actual work going into both finding me and me hiding. Lets face it the solo guy like me only has a few chances to win. Really good tactics when building a base. Good allies that will actually respond when called upon. Ability of suprise and/or harder to locate. With the old size planets there is no one that can say finding bases was not easy. As long as the devs insist that all player bases have to be displayed to anyone that gets within 500m of them instead of actually having to have them in line of sight then solo players have no chance on small planets. For those that spawn BP bases that they build risk free in Creative I do not mock or think less of you. Your goals are simply to have as much fighting action as possible. I however like the idea of building a base by hand and try to think of all the ways you can attack me. Making sure all things are thought out and hoping for a fair fight of no more than total of 2-3 attackers. Since there is no way to honestly and fairly moderate such a thing then stealth is my next tool of defense. You can not take out that of which is hard to find.

Honestly to all the PVPers out there. Are there any of you that would not like more challenge in the hunt? More challenge in the way you attack? Do you not get tired of you and 10 of your friends overwelming a BA defense with numbers over tactics? Empyrion is not suppose to be like Call of Duty where the guy that can smash a button faster wins. This game has opportunity for a lot more Thought to go into battles.

Anyhow guys remember Rex needs ideas and solid opinions and it is going to be easier if those ideas are not spread out through 5 pages. Well I should say that this is my opinion. Rex tries hard and we need to try to help where we can. I can easily come up with ideas but i am bad with creativity such as making POI or createing nice looking planets. All that stuff that requires the slightest artistic skill is not my wheelhouse.

As always guys looking forward to capturing some SV’s from you all real soon.

IMF is a 2 man alliance and we agree that swarming is no fun. We do not prefer to spend hours hand building a base that will get destroyed in minutes though. Better to BP one quickly and spend more time fighting.

Not really solo if you have allies. I wish alliances could be turned off.

Ok, lets be honest here. My longest lasting base on HW and GG this season was a pyramid on HW. It was made of 10k blocks, and 10 devices. I could have made it with less devices but do we really want a big block as a base and call it fun? I can lay down 10 of those next season if we really feel that is the style of bases that should exist.

I would prefer the larger planets for PvP as well as PvE. I look at it this way; more surface area = more travel required for faction A to attack faction B. More locations to hide for players to discreetly build a base, better defenses.

I don’t mind searching for awhile to locate a potential target. That’s the thrill of hunting. You don’t go out to a turkey shoot to blow the brains out of a turkey in a damn cage and say “good hunt” afterwards. You search, for tracks, clues, listen, etc…

Larger planets IMO would ultimately = more PvP.

2 Likes

you mean ultimately more lag :slight_smile:

Remember: the local rendering will not be implemented with the initial A8 release. Only in 8.X.
And that is a big bummer - even more if the core limit will be removed.
Try to load into a planet with 250 cores. I know that, I was there…

3 Likes