the second Survey is so far one of the best result in terms of feedback we had for a very long time! (over 250 participants)
We really want to thank you for your support in that way and it really helps us a lot to be on track and continue to improve HWS and Empyrion non-stop!
One thing I wanted to take from the feedback directly and before the full wipe, are some donation adjustments. (otherwise some people could get a bad feeling if we change it afterwards)
While the majority has the same thoughts as our whole concept to be not a “Pay to win” server, there were tons of feedback how to improve and change it.
As I often said this topic is a very sensitive one but it’s very important for me / us. Not because we want to get rich out of HWS or have any shady intentions at all but because you should feel comfortable in the first place. Understanding the overall gap between costs for our work / servers and benefits we give you in exchange.
That said just a little other explanation about the costs. As you know it isn’t only the Hardware / Software costs per server we have to pay but also the PayPal transaction fee and, because we live in germany, taxes. It is quite complex to handle taxes from outside Europe and we got help for that.
However, just a little insight I wanted to give you that we have the best intentions in what we are doing for you and some wondered about it.
The changes below and in general everything what we are doing is never set in stone and subject to change at any time but it addresses the most of the feedback for now.
The RP amount of the Resource packages were reduced from 15, 10, 7, 5, 3 to 10, 7, 5, 3, 1
More cautious adjustment about permanent and per season packages:
Keep Structures (Holiday) from 15 to 10
Keep EGS Level from 15 to 10
Keep EB Level from 25 to 15
Keep Blueprint Resources from 15 to 20
OCD Level 5 from 20 to 25
I also facelifted the design of the page here and there to make it more understandable on the first look
I know there were more feedback about changes but we have to iterate them on a later stage.
For everyone who donated the last 14 days for more Euros than we changed now, can contact me via a PM
please understand that we can’t compensate retroactive all price changes for everyone
Thank you everyone for supporting us that way! We really appreciate it a lot!
Full Wipe announcement
As always, this time a bit earlier than 1 week
on 16th march, during the day
we do a full wipe of HWS EU and NA.
What that means for you in detail is written HERE
Again this is NOT the Alpha 8 == HWS 8 full wipe! We won’t have any big new fancy changes!
It just means 3 months are over and the HWS 7.X season ends.
Also an announcement for HWS 8 taken from Discord again:
- Orbital Auto Miner fuel is NOT transferred
- O2 / Oxygen Generator will be wiped from the OCD (not in the game anymore)
- It is (sadly) NOT connected to Alpha 8 but with our 3 month season system. But since Alpha 8 comes probably way more later we won’t repeat the disaster from last year. As soon as Alpha 8 comes out we must full wipe again
- ^ Take this into account for some donations. For Donator planets we still guarantee a 90days run time, no matter the seasons / full wipes. For keep EB etc. levels for example we will migrate it to Alpha 8 if it is released within 30 days after the 16th march. Otherwise it will be a new donation for Alpha 8.
- The full wipe will be used to migrate to a pre version of HWS 8
- As soon as we know more we will let you know(edited)
Nevertheless many others and I think that it was one of the best season so far!
It made me really happy, even though I always had to think about HWS 5 and what the key of that season was so I can reproduce it
Anyways we also learned from it of course and the next season (until HWS 8 comes out) will be hopefully a “fix” of the current main problems such as
- better PvP experience (e.g. better limits)
- better PvE experience (e.g. more missions)
- better resource experience (e.g. better distribution here and there)
- better Starter experience (surface wipe + more rewarding POIs)
I am very busy with RL and other Eleon things at the moment but I try to make these four things possible.
For HWS 8 on the other hand I have already something new and special prepared… some saw it maybe
Supergates and Wormholes will create a new story…
Stay tuned everyone, thanks again and proper Survey results will be released probably before the Full Wipe, hence you can still participate until then!
Your HWS Team