Donation changes | Full Wipe 16th march

Hey @everyone,

the second Survey is so far one of the best result in terms of feedback we had for a very long time! (over 250 participants)
We really want to thank you for your support in that way and it really helps us a lot to be on track and continue to improve HWS and Empyrion non-stop!

Donation changes

One thing I wanted to take from the feedback directly and before the full wipe, are some donation adjustments. (otherwise some people could get a bad feeling if we change it afterwards)

While the majority has the same thoughts as our whole concept to be not a “Pay to win” server, there were tons of feedback how to improve and change it.

As I often said this topic is a very sensitive one but it’s very important for me / us. Not because we want to get rich out of HWS or have any shady intentions at all but because you should feel comfortable in the first place. Understanding the overall gap between costs for our work / servers and benefits we give you in exchange.

That said just a little other explanation about the costs. As you know it isn’t only the Hardware / Software costs per server we have to pay but also the PayPal transaction fee and, because we live in germany, taxes. It is quite complex to handle taxes from outside Europe and we got help for that.
However, just a little insight I wanted to give you that we have the best intentions in what we are doing for you and some wondered about it.

The changes below and in general everything what we are doing is never set in stone and subject to change at any time but it addresses the most of the feedback for now.

• The RP amount of the Resource packages were reduced from 15, 10, 7, 5, 3 to 10, 7, 5, 3, 1

• More cautious adjustment about permanent and per season packages:

• Keep Structures (Holiday) from 15 to 10

• Keep EGS Level from 15 to 10

• Keep EB Level from 25 to 15

• Keep Blueprint Resources from 15 to 20

• OCD Level 5 from 20 to 25

I also facelifted the design of the page here and there to make it more understandable on the first look

Before:

After:

I know there were more feedback about changes but we have to iterate them on a later stage.

For everyone who donated the last 14 days for more Euros than we changed now, can contact me via a PM
please understand that we can’t compensate retroactive all price changes for everyone

Thank you everyone for supporting us that way! We really appreciate it a lot!

Full Wipe announcement

As always, this time a bit earlier than 1 week

on 16th march, during the day

we do a full wipe of HWS EU and NA.

What that means for you in detail is written HERE

Again this is NOT the Alpha 8 == HWS 8 full wipe! We won’t have any big new fancy changes!

It just means 3 months are over and the HWS 7.X season ends.

Also an announcement for HWS 8 taken from Discord again:

1. Orbital Auto Miner fuel is NOT transferred
  2. O2 / Oxygen Generator will be wiped from the OCD (not in the game anymore)
  3. It is (sadly) NOT connected to Alpha 8 but with our 3 month season system. But since Alpha 8 comes probably way more later we won’t repeat the disaster from last year. As soon as Alpha 8 comes out we must full wipe again
  4. ^ Take this into account for some donations. For Donator planets we still guarantee a 90days run time, no matter the seasons / full wipes. For keep EB etc. levels for example we will migrate it to Alpha 8 if it is released within 30 days after the 16th march. Otherwise it will be a new donation for Alpha 8.
  5. The full wipe will be used to migrate to a pre version of HWS 8
  6. As soon as we know more we will let you know(edited)

Nevertheless many others and I think that it was one of the best season so far!

It made me really happy, even though I always had to think about HWS 5 and what the key of that season was so I can reproduce it :wink:

Anyways we also learned from it of course and the next season (until HWS 8 comes out) will be hopefully a “fix” of the current main problems such as

• better PvP experience (e.g. better limits)
  • better PvE experience (e.g. more missions)
  • better resource experience (e.g. better distribution here and there)
  • better Starter experience (surface wipe + more rewarding POIs)

I am very busy with RL and other Eleon things at the moment but I try to make these four things possible.

For HWS 8 on the other hand I have already something new and special prepared… some saw it maybe :slight_smile:

Supergates and Wormholes will create a new story…

Stay tuned everyone, thanks again and proper Survey results will be released probably before the Full Wipe, hence you can still participate until then!

Your HWS Team

9 Likes

Looks awesome, cheers for all the hard-work Rexxus! Those stargates! ‘Hallowed are the Ori!’ :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

What will be removed from OCDs? Hydrogen and oxygen generators? Anything else?

No. We would announce it otherwise way before.

1 Like

Rex server is like a fine wine , Just keeps getting better and better with age. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

3 Likes

One big question I hear everyone asking is how long will any 1 season donator packages last if we purchase them now for after march 16th? Will it last 3 months guaranteed, or just until 8.o? Thanks for the answer.

Ah redundancy, true… I added it:

1. Orbital Auto Miner fuel is NOT transferred
  2. O2 / Oxygen Generator will be wiped from the OCD (not in the game anymore)
  3. It is (sadly) NOT connected to Alpha 8 but with our 3 month season system. But since Alpha 8 comes probably way more later we won’t repeat the disaster from last year. As soon as Alpha 8 comes out we must full wipe again
  4. ^ Take this into account for some donations. For Donator planets we still guarantee a 90days run time, no matter the seasons / full wipes. For keep EB etc. levels for example we will migrate it to Alpha 8 if it is released within 45 days after the 16th march. Otherwise it will be a new donation for Alpha 8.
  5. The full wipe will be used to migrate to a pre version of HWS 8
  6. As soon as we know more we will let you know(edited)
1 Like

Lol, how did I miss that? Actually my son was reading it to me, maybe I was distracted.

2 Likes

Dw bud i had the same thing happen to me reading it at first ahaha! :slight_smile:

I’d like to request that the time period for extending/migrating seasonal donations (like Keep EB) be extended from 30 days to 45 days… it makes more sense to me, kind of like rounding a decimal number, because 45 days is the midpoint of a 3 month season. I guess the thought of donating and only getting 1/3 of value makes me feel… not great.

TLDR; my request is:
Less than half a season = seasonal donation extension
More than half a season = no extension

3 Likes

The key in season 5 was CV could fire their rocket/pulse mounted weapons in atmosphere :slight_smile:

fine

3 Likes

Interesting, even if that means slaughtering of HV/SV on planets. I would still vote „thumbs up“, fighters killing a death star should only take place in Star Wars, not in our HWS „reality“.

This would also cause some threat to all the exploiter sniper tower bases that are omnipresent nowadays.

A single SV can take out a sniping tower so i don’t see how CV’s are neccesary unless what you consider a fighter is a tier 1 prefab.

Thank you, Rexxus.

Hi, couldn’t find an answer in the text or “wipe FAQ” - does the OCD level or only the contents carry over during a wipe? :slight_smile:

Updated the Guide: the level carry over as well.

1 Like

Hey do we have a rough idea what time of day the wipe will take place? Thanks!

1 Like

I miss the days of cv fighting in atmo. Massive horizontal pyramids duking it out with only rockets and pulse lasers were awesome to fight in.

2 Likes