Economy, would OCD wipe help? Interests? New OCD idea

Rather than whining like a scrub because people have more than you, Try going
out and earning it. You know like the people who have stuff did.

Seems the HWS NA has been infected by snowflakes.

Want stuff, get off your ass and earn it. This advice is also good in the real world.

To whom is your post adressed? :slight_smile:

If the shoe fits.

I see so its for someone else i guess, feels like a bit you wanted to post to different thread maybe?

At the moment, if people have a legacy OCD that is ā€˜over-capacityā€™ according to the new limits they canā€™t put more in but can still access what theyā€™ve got. Instead, what about if everyone was told that in a month or two everything above the new limits would be deleted?

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I think the point of the OCD is to protect you from being totally wiped out / give you a safety net. I love that idea! Butā€¦ even the new donator level 5 OCD of 50k x 100 slots gives you a very comfortable safety net. Does anyone really need any more than that? I know nobody likes what theyā€™ve spent time collecting to just be deleted, but maybe with a little notice those resources could be spent on something fun! :smile:

About the bank, maybe you could get rid of earning interest? If weā€™re thinking about the health of the community, can anyone tell me the benefit of earning interest? I canā€™t see it myself. Earning interest encourages hoarding and rewards those who need it least. You could even go as far as charging negative interest to encourage spending, the more you have the more youā€™re chargedā€¦ but that might not be so popular :laughing:

1 Like

problem is if you want to implement changes like that itā€™ll create a great deal of imbalance. For example people who played for a while worked a great deal and a great number of hours and got those resources. Now over the course of the server seasons they earned so much interest so they got a lot of credits. Now what youā€™re asking is for interest to stop but that means the new players have literally no way to catch up. you always have to think about balance. Hard working players who have been loyal to server should always have an edge and itā€™s fair they earned it but new players should always have a way to get to where they are. Any limitation as such needs to take that into account

Also for OCD trust me yes you do need more than 50k. Iā€™m not even a heavy pvp players like Matt and Colin and used 300k iron and this wipe alone and itā€™s just a month. If you really want to play, get POIs, have bases and multiple ships to fall back to, pvp , etc you will run through those resources like a knife ok butter. Players who have a ton have worked for it and even more though Iā€™m new I full am ok with them having more resources than me. All I ask from server is to continue to allow me to get to where they are (which it does now). OCD wipes trust me will get many people to leave server, itā€™s hard earned money and resources.

Now on the other hand events that allow you to ā€œstealā€ OCD resources are something interesting.

Or I actually love @RexXxuS idea of buying prestige. This is a way such that you deplete OCD but still not piss players off and throw their hard work, this way they have a way to control if they want to reset some OCD resources for some in game advantage. Great idea Rex

Iā€™m very new to the server so nobody should listen to my opinions and Iā€™m much more interested in what everyone else has to say, but just before I go to bed:

If you want new players to be able to catch up Iā€™m afraid positive interest rates are never going to do that for you. For example, if I have one million credits and you only have one thousand credits but we both earn 1% interest then tomorrow Iā€™ll have an extra 10 thousand credits but youā€™ll only have an extra 10. This is compounded if I then have enough money to upgrade my account and earn 5% interest while you can only afford to earn 1%. If making it possible for new players to catch up is the objective then negative interest rates would be better.

About the OCD, you seem to be describing it for a different purpose than I imagined. I thought the point was to be a safety net so you donā€™t have to go back to the absolute basics if someone wipes all of your bases. Living out of your OCD doesnā€™t sound as much fun to me because it removes almost all risk. If someone wants that level of safety I would have thought they could find it by building in PVE? Even so, with your example of 300k iron, the level 5 OCD holds 50k x100 = 5 million of whatever you may need to get you back on your feet. Also, you can put components in your OCD like combat steel, where a 50k stack of combat steel = 490k iron, 160k sathium and 40k cobalt. By that measure, you can get even more than your monthā€™s worth of 300k iron into a single OCD slot! That sounds a little excessive to me personally, but perhaps Iā€™m misunderstanding the purpose of the OCD?

1 Like

I dislike the idea of negative interest. Folks have to remember that you now have to manually collect interest from the bank which is really cool. Despite the bank level. That makes even the richest folks a target when they travel to and from in order to collect interest.

But you have to understand the player who got to 1 million credit worked for it, and you have the same exact way to get there, right?

Removing interest would not make the life of the person who has 50 million hard, itā€™ll make your life hard because now you have to actually farm gold to 50m instead of a fraction of that and then earning interest.

And yes OCD is exactly what you described, but my point was, destruction of shitt you have happens a lot on a pvp server so if you do play pvp you burn through OCD resources quickly.

@Fenix wow im happy someone like you contributed, same for @mario its nice to see that some civilised players are around and shares their opinion insted of writing stfu and whining like scrub phrases. I feel less like in company of monkeys :smiley:

Yes, Fenix, you got it right it was supposed to be safety net when you loose all, when you are wiped from PvP and to take stuff through wipe. Well what many of us did we imediatly started to hoard stuff, exactly as you say, combat blocks etc. Thats why i started this thread as one of those who hoarded a lot, but i think there are much worse hoarders. Its adictive. And then i saw prices on market and realised the gap between me and new players.

I like exactly what you said, we should be warned that all above limit will be gone in 2-3 month and spend it so everyone will play under same conditions, old and new players. There were autominers for ZAS and ERE long time ago, I had a lot in them, i think there was no upper limit. Rexxx changed it quite fast and i didnt withdraw it and lost it. I told ok, if new players wont have it i dont need any compensation. Butā€¦i still remeber i lost it so probably i feel something negative about it.

I dont wonder ppl are so sensitive about OCD, its pretty hard job to hord that all, there is huge amount of work behind it, time investment so it cannot be taken out. This 6.0 i lost all gold ore i hoarded to start up my bank account when ill join back and im upset about it, i lost due to bug. Its painfull, it was gold mined with hand drill. I dont care about value, credits that much, but i remeber it took hours and a lot of battles to gather gold back in the old days. And i lost that time, days of my life for nothing.

With all that said I would still welcome some change, I can throw away more time for the balance of the game and changes, additions, Rexxx sugested sounds really like fun. In any case this must be done without hurting anybody.

Bank, well its similar, I really like what Nikola Tesla did from perspective of thinking about options, what can i do to make me more powerfull? Its very good idea, well executed and from what i know hes doing it seriously like real banker. Its really awsome. Also it gives players with this income option to enjoy game in way they can buy and use prototypes every day and still get richer. It might be look at like end game final financial goal reached, well done!
Other side is that until you find a group which will do the same you will never catch up for sure, itsā€¦huge :smiley: and i mean crazy huge like its hard to even imagine. Still its players who wins fights.

I probably play a bit different game, i dont need to win at any cost to please my ego or whatever ppl needs, i play to see some structure internal chain explosions most of all so Im willing to throw all in combat and get to limit other ppl have without starting any new accounts or so. For me its about fair play, same conditions.

1 Like

@Thranir Im not sure if there is some Bank Thread :smiley: Im lost liek on any forum so go and start one. Im sure Rexx will enjoy aswell, i love this themes which makes some ppl go wild :smiley:

I was thinking about OCD and Bank and:

While players can do as Nikola did, no new player cant have what we have in OCD, upper limit.

1 Like

What if interest was removed but to compensate the pda missions like Bank Heist gave nice amounts of credits like 200k credits a pop or something instead of 50k (out of memory might be wrong) would that make up for the loss of interest? Then people would have to actually go earn that money instead of ride the ez train. To put this into an example thranir gave me all 90mil of his credits when he left, In 5.0 i had 900k credits to spend everyday, its a huge amount I bought all the ore I needed, I stoped mining gold becuase for that same 900k I would have to spend something like 8 hours mining gold or something crazy so whatā€™s the point? But the worst part is that with that 900k I could trade for ore from people that spent 50-90 hours mining the stuff? I really donā€™t see that as fair in the least. I also started to log in less because the only thing left to do was fill ocd and pvp, it really does take away from the game in my opinion.

Keep editing the title more and moreā€¦

So interestsā€¦ some love it, some hate it.

With the EB Level upgrades and other features we tried to push the value of credits again but both makes sense.
Either some banker career or some richness taxes is legit.

The idea of moving bulk amounts of credits to missions is awesome and a good way.

If itā€™s fair is always a tricky question. Look in real life. People with millions can live only out of their taxes also but people working at street donā€™t even get their taxes in a year as sallary. Not all people worked hard for these millions of taxes but some did and that is their reward so to speak.
But fairness in capitalism is not existent anyways.

However it is a fact that once you implemented such a system you canā€™t make everyone happy because there is just no perfect solution and no, even the Robin Hood system is not fair :wink:

And another approac is not saying that earning is the problem but instead spending. So there needs good stuff to be spent on. This however is again tricky because the human being (and some a LOT more than others) are greedy animals. Sometimes really disgusting but wellā€¦

But letā€™s screw all the realism - that game is a future game, right!? And if you think ā€œhackingā€ is a hipster trend nowadays imagine this in 1000+ years in the futureā€¦ so letā€™s seeā€¦ we will work on this soon

2 Likes

Nice, I hope there will be an option to hack Jaschaā€™s real life account :smiley: You should connect it a bit :smiley:

On serious note both OCD and Bank can get really extreme, but i guess it will be fine for me if theres a way how to harm, transfer or do any kind of damage to these. Welcome to the age of cybernetic warfare! Of course ill give what ill steal to the poor!

Oops, now comes Recycle. Now thats brutal on battlefield, SWP build towers on Homeworld, we just cored it and bang, its gone. So much fun, well not that much for SWP i guess. Do you want to recore structure during battle? Too late! Bam, its gone :smiley:
All these features and their combination can create pretty overpowered combo, add prototypes into it and it all connects together and you cant get this combo working without all that money so its a bit dangerous.

Just recalled Last Day of Venus (2.0) server was invited to take base, unsucesfully. Next morning AFT tanked his way inside under water and took base in 3 minutes. If there was Recycle present that time, bam, base gone in second. We recaptured it, nothing like that would be possible.

Stronk combos :raising_hand_man: <- I dont think this is PCā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah the EGS recycle during battle should be strictly forbidden, and like always only the super rich and mega corporation can have afford to have this, so the poor ones yet again sufferā€¦ lets say i get raided by an big faction they manage to decore it, i quickly get my ship from far space to try recapture the base, baam its all gone in 1 sec, than it would take hours to manually recycle it.

i dont think Rexxus in the future they can take away mega big bases with one type command. bit unrealistic :slight_smile:

They can do that now its called trump with nuclear codes xD

@Elfias and @Thranir donā€™t forget that now everyone is doing it because we are so ā€¦ friendly to allow it for everyone.

Soon it is again only for people who paid for it - and it is quite expensive, yes.

Not taking about the costs and if it is good or not but watching at a real case here is important:

1. you have a base and one guy with EGS Recycle level 5 is coming
  2. he killed you and break through your base (bad design?)
  3. in the process you spawned in medbay over and over
  4. he found and destroys your medbay (bad design?) so you have to spawn near > his CV turrets kill you over and over again
  5. he found the core and replace it (bad design?)
  6. the system needs some time to recognize the changes and he recycles it

This is realistic? Not talking here about people coming to help each side.
So after point 4 what is the difference of having recycle at all? You lost. Itā€™s over. What do you expect to do anyways?

I understand that talking theoretical stuff is nice and good but in terms of balancing features I need real scenarios. Like real real.

And in the above example I talked with intention about Bases since doing this in space to CVs is even more theory.

Oh and talking about realismā€¦ we have atomic bombsā€¦

2 Likes

You know Rexxx Im not in oppositin, i most of all wanted to say that once you collect all parts of combo its deadly, like really deadly and money thats big part of it. Luckily im on side of power in this one.

You right that now its because of wipe, after wipe only the strong ones will ge to it, quickly. So most of all i want to say watch out to not overdue it plese :slight_smile: Its like probably even defending side can pack up to OCD, so now we fight for empty bases, i dont want to see us fighting for dissappering structures :slight_smile: thats all. Maybe some damage control like cooldowns, times per day or so would be interesting.

Bases design thats another chapter, I wont write it here as i still want to enjoy but there is no chance any base can defend without ppl online and even than its about numbers (thats ok of course). And this is why i would like to see 6h PvP and rest PvE for some casual afternoon fighting or so, timezone rotation, let us EU have our 6h and NA have theirs, when RL is not demanding our attention. 12h is too long in many cases, maybe on one planet or such. @Kogami help me here :smiley:

And realism is not what im looking in scifi game, and game in general, its fun and interesting mechanics even unreal so im ok with that part completly.

Stop working, we miss your presence hovering over battlefield, raining popcorn :slight_smile: take a look at current meta i would say :slight_smile: Ill send you rest in PM

current meta :stuck_out_tongue: meh never, future meta! hell yea, one day when everyone lives on planets or within 10km on a orbital base (that doesnā€™t get killed in the first day.) and everyone is always traveling exploring shooting and sneaking around the rich areaā€™s trying to smuggle out something shiny that will be the day ! but until then :stuck_out_tongue: