Empty parking spots in the garage

Nope, I am sitting here waiting for my virtual trader to get me more monies so i can continue afterwards picking my 3 grow plots on my base.

3 Likes

I would like to hear from more builders as to what would help raise the desire of making more garage ships. If not money, RP, or fame. What? The garage needs more ships to smack up. We have the ability to enhance a game mechanic by adding a new element of competition. I really love the idea of a ship sold leader board and cycling out the bottom tier for new entries on a set schedule. Ships can be resubmitted and tried again if desired. There are so many possibilities with the garage that would be foolish to ignore. If the issue is lack of help, that is what our community is here for. Ask for help when it is needed. Even if you are the admin. We are all in this together.

Agree with youā€¦ seen my cv being used by 3 different players now, and that is not a pvp ship at all, but a cheap and nice base you can move arround with.

Yes, won a price, but makes me happier when i see that people can use it :wink:

And i build allot of shipsā€¦ 99% goes to trash, because i get a new idea. (I have much time, with bad Internet)

But yes, like the idea of maybe 1rp each sale, but given at the beginning of next season. Or that the players have to logg inn that day to get the rp.

4 Likes

There are already ships in the garage, I understand a desire for more though. I like the idea, but I just donā€™t think it will work.

What else could we add?[quote=ā€œShadace, post:69, topic:20884ā€]
What there should be, is some kind of non-credits reward for the top selling ships each month/week.

Maybe an RP reward (with more possibilities to spend RP) - or maybe content that you cannot buy with credits - for example free "do:bp"s for the top selling ships

Or maybe the top selling ship designer gets a private warp gate for free etc.
[/quote]

I think your questions have already been answered. You just need to take the time to scroll up and read them.

BushWacker, I agree that there should be something, and I appreciate you taking the time - and effort - to make one and keep up with the comments, but I have to agree with Chaotic and Whizzle.

I know, a first for me to agree with them, but credits wonā€™t help improve the economy. I personally think more do:BPā€™s, or a similar reward would be excellent for what you are discussing.

Sincerely,

WillEatsPie

PS: I want the whole community to take a moment to pat yourself on the back, by providing your input you are improving HWS as a whole.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to go out on a limb here and agree with some of Bush, Bob, and Jackā€™s points.

I like the idea of kickbacks for builders and pushing competition in the garage.

I also like the idea that the kickbacks are minimal and non-monetary like small RP gains.

One direct roadblock to competitive design and ship popularity are unanticipated game/server changes. Ships like the Omnipotus, S12 Mechanical, Excavator, and Titan are nearly useless now due to changes that happened after design. (Yes, there is some specific special use for some of these ships, but likely not worth the cost and effort.)

Itā€™s a great point that the more ships sell on the garage, the more extraneous millions are sunk into the server. Be it carbon income, passive interest gains, hard work trading, or swindling/pirating from fellow players, there needs to be something for all players to spend their cash on. Driving amazing ship builds through whatever incentive works, may help to alleviate some of the inflation due to massed income.

4 Likes

yes these are the ideas we need for change. keep em coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

im not sure exactly how 1 rp can qualify as an incentive but at least the gears are turning!

1 Like

People have to pay real money to get a trader in order to earn income from it (or use a crap ton of HWS ingots).

Should HWS start charging a player to submit a garage ship as well, just to balance it out?

If we are going to pay the designer a profit from every ship sold, should the designer have to pay real money or HWS ingots every season to keep the ship in the garage?

Should we limit ships to only being allowed to be used for a max number of season in the garage, to give other players a chance at having their ship added?

Iā€™m not against the idea at all. Iā€™m just saying these are the types of things that need to be considered and answered beforehand.
If we are going to allow players to make a profit from this then is stands to reason they should have to pay something into it first. Something more than just the time to build the ship. Players shouldnā€™t get a permanent income just from designing a ship, IMO.

2 Likes

How much of a price do you put on time? Unfortunately mine is much more valuable than money to me. For you that may not be the case. No judgement towards anyoneā€™s values. The idea is not to degrade any of the HWS paid features. There are other supporter packages that do not provide a ā€œpassive incomeā€ but are primarily meant to help support the server. I have no issues donating when I am able, barring real life nonsense. It was meant for a discussion to award the time spent on builds and try to increase the popularity of getting your ideas out there. The only thing stopping any single player from becoming a legend of the HWS garage is the drive to participate. What drives you? If anyone needs help on where to go, there are guides out there for those who look. I am willing to donate my time assisting players in the shop in any way I can. No matter what faction. PM me if u have questionsā€¦

1 Like

The idea is to encourage people into building ships for the HWS Garageā€¦ not the other way around. HWS Traders provide a permanent passive income for a real life investment - money. HWS Garage could provide a permanent passive income for a real life investment - time.

3 Likes

Me personally, I put a high value on my time.
The time spent shouldnā€™t be a factor though because thatā€™s already rewarded by seeing your work displayed on the server, and that was the original goal behind it. Bragging rights basically.

Again, Iā€™m not against the idea. It does have to be balanced if it becomes a thing though.

Iā€™m just pointing out potential issues, none of which you answered.

People are already encouraged into doing so. People like to see their work on the server, otherwise no one would have ever submitted their creations in the previous seasons.

Again, Iā€™m just pointing out potential issues.
How long do you propose said creations are allowed to stay in the garage if people are going to earn an income from it?
Should they be allowed to stay forever, thus preventing any new submissions?
Etc, etc?

The other part of this incentive idea is to have a system where new submissions would replace the ships with the least amount of purchases. They could potentially stay forever if they are being sold AND being updated by the creator when the server config changes.

1 Like

Again as the title of this post states, this is to get ideas on what would help boost the garage ship designs. My suggestion is to have a kickback to the designer. This is causing way too much debate focusing on the wrong topic. What other suggestions do we have to fill the garage?

There are still over 30 empty slots. I would love to see zero one day. While it is appreciated by most, there is not enough encouragement at the present time. The empty slots are the proof of that :frowning:

If your time is more valuable then money, then buy the trader and be happy. My time and money stay always in a good proportion - if i need more money i work a little more (i am a freelancer) and thats it.

But I still spend days creating ships for pvp (not garage ships) - and i am still learning. I see building ships as part of the game, as having fun. Thus it is not ā€œworkā€ - and imagine i do it for free.

And as said above, why do you persist so much on getting credits for the ships?
I am sure this will not happen, and you see - many people are against it:
Why not try to come up with ideas/rewards that are not credits like I tried (and I am quite ā€œnewā€ to the game(coouply hundred hours), so most probably my suggestions were lame)

I am sure there are many things to be found which Rexxxus and the others will agree to, and which will improve garage ships - we just need to come up with them (instead of saying ā€œyes creditsā€ - ā€œno creditsā€ hundreds of times (This last sentence is not directed at you but at everyone here)

4 Likes

Wow , i donā€™t even know how to build a hws garage ship ( with hv sv or base parts ) or how to submit it , i would love to know and learn do . I do know how to put a ship , that came from my resources on the server , on sale . So logic that i get 100% on such a sale . For a to HWS submitted ship it costs no personal resources . The reward that it gives for now is fine , one might consider to make it a choice , get 1 ship , get some RP or get the cash worth that one ship .
A good ship builder is a content creator and that should be rewarded .
A good trader is a gamer , a very wealthy gamer , as he is good at it :wink:

Just my humble thoughts .

1 Like

this has info on requirements & limitations

here is a decent guide to get started

just give a shout if you have questions.

2 Likes

the point is I am a builder, not a trader. there are lots of incentives to drive people in the market but little drive for the garage. please donā€™t think this was a ploy to make money. i donā€™t consider ā€œworkā€ on garage ships in a negative light. i very much enjoy building. most dont know but i have built and submitted 9 garage ships with 3 actually making it to the garage. several hours of building and working with @Ju on making them garage worthy is what most do not know about. this is time that i have sacrificed missing out on actual HWS game time, thus missing out on in-game credit earning opportunities. it is easy to dismiss someoneā€™s request when you do not understand the process they go through. as i have said many times and it keeps getting ignored. the entire reason for this post was not to put up my one idea to be constantly bashed. i did not make a poll because this is not a vote at all. this is a post to come up with ideas that will help builders want to make more garage ships. i still stand by my suggestion of a kickback and would like to hear other suggestions rather than hearing how bad mine is over and over.

by my count in this post there are more in favor of a reward than opposed but that is not the topic. the topic is for coming up with ideas to motivate builders to make garage ships. my suggestion is a kickback, my suggestion for a kickback is 10% credits. people donā€™t agree, i understand this. not wanting to debate which idea is better here. this post is for a collection of ideas that can be put in a pool to vote on. was never meant to be an inflamed debate on which aspect of the game should pay out more. we need to look at all the possibilities we have in front of us. this is a great game and wonderful community. let keeps the ideas flowing.

1 Like