Empyrion Feature Requsts

CV Quality of Life:

• Fuel Tank % Full indicator.
    I have 18 fuel tanks… Please tell me which are low.
    This would really help in hectic PvP situations where you are trying to refill mid combat.
    I want this for every block thas has an inventory. When you press P, near the name we could see (20/40) used/total.

• Ammo Quantity:
    You have been in 3 CV fights. You started with 15 stacks of PL CV ammo distributed in 15 ammo boxes. How much PL CV ammo is left in your 13 remaining ammo boxes?
    We need to be able to see how much of each ammo type is currently in our ships quickly and easily.

• Health Indicator is unintuitive

99% health ship could have most of it’s blocks totally destroyed as missing blocks are not counted. It should also show lost devices:
Engines 3/8
RCS 30/50
Thrusters 20/25
Armor 10k/15k
Integrity: 60%

• Powering Groups on and off via hotkeys.

We need a way to power certain groups on and off. Not just turrets but any groups. Many of our designs included RCS and thursters that we only turned on during a fight.

• CV Repair / Scrapping
    Ability to repair/Scrap CVs that doesn’t involve replacing 2,000 blocks by hand or removing 15k blocks with a multitool. I don’t care if its’ a deconstruction bay that slowly eats a CV into ingots or whatever.

• Restocking/Refueling CVs.
    Please create a way to drop fuel into a ship and have it end up in a fuel tank. Same with ammo. If I drop a stack of ammo into my ship it should be equally split among available ammo boxes.

• Turret Reloading
    Allow me to reload ALL my turets without manually entering each one. Come on I have 40 turrets including sentries.

General Gameplay

• Alliance HUD indicators
    Allied factions need to show up a different color and at longer range.

• War Declarations
    Factions you are at war with should show up as RED on the hud.

• Hydrogen Generators / Vent O2 option / Hydrogen Produced from water jugs
    Emptying these is a tediously pointless grind. Most factions use survival constructors to dump O2 into them pick them up to drop the O2 on the ground. This is stupid.
    An alternate and more elegant solution would be to allow Advanced Constructors to produce Hydrogen from Water Jugs

• Default deployables to Faction Access
    We continue to be plauged by autominers and other deployables that are private.

• Better automated grouping.
    Instead of Ammo Box, it should be Ammo Box 1, Ammo Box 2 and so on. Same with fuel, cargo, any item we had multiples of.

• Market place Usibility Improvments
    Be able to take 20 stacks of minerals and dump them on the market with 1 click for a set price. You know what I have in my inventory. Let me select the things I want to sell and set the price for them.

• Tech Tree QoL
    Allow for unlocking all prerquisites by clicking on the last item in the tree. Show unrearched items in constructors but as unresearched. Lots of newbies get confused with things like “Why can’t I build minigun ammo for my factory produced SV?!”

• "You Need A warp Drive"
    We know.

• Epic CV/SV/HV/BA weapons.
    Nobody uses FPS weapons in PvP. Please create Epic weapons and turrets for vehicles. They do not need to be vastly superior but they would create a reason for PvPers to care about epics.

• Interdiction
    It is currently too easy to escape fights. Warp spool up time if another CV is within render range (~2.5km) should depend on ship size and significantly slow a ship down when warp drive is charging. Easiest way would be to add 1 second of warp spool up time for ever 500 blocks. A 20k block CV would need 40 seconds to warp out from a fight.

• Better Chat
    Faction chat and Global chat look the same. They shouldn’t.
    Faction names should appear and names should be color coded based on Origin.

15 Likes

[quote=“Mordgier, post:1, topic:3376”]
Restocking/Refueling CVs. Please create a way to drop fuel into a ship and have it end up in a fuel tank. Same with ammo. If I drop a stack of ammo into my ship it should be equally split among available ammo boxes.
[/quote]Yes please!!! And if possible automatic refueling and restocking as well when docked to BA.

[quote=“Mordgier, post:1, topic:3376”]
Hydrogen Generator. I need not say more.
[/quote]If I dump all my hundreds of thousands of O2 bottles from my OCD onto homeworld, then we can breath there forever because it will create a new atmosphere.

I would also like to be able to rename my cargo boxes so I know what is what from the P-menu without having to dump them all into a category and then rename the category. Oh and my jetpack by default being turned on.

But…you are able to rename a cargo box.

How? And damn I played so many hours and still didn’t know that.

Click in the name of the thing in the P menu - the info display to the right ,type stuff in and press Enter.

The horror.

Doesn’t work for me. It’s read-only.

I’ll make a pretty video for you when I get home.

Ideally I would like a wireframe picture of my ship somewhere on screen so that I can notice when this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

2 Likes

Mordgier i totally agree with all you saying !!!
+1

PLEASE PLEASE!!!

1 Like

You can do this. They just have to be in a group other than “ungrouped” then you can name them using p
I did notice yesterday you cannot rename them in this group. You also cannot see the name from “f”, this may be a pretty decent improvement as well.

Just saw that you responded to this as well lol.

1 Like

I have some suggestion in mind, but honestly I think these would be lost in a sea of other suggestions. So I will be trying here.

I want this for every block thas has an inventory. When you press P, near the name we could see (20/40) used/total.

This have been suggested forever but here it is anyway:
Destroyed blocks of your ship are kept into memory. Have a summary of the component shown in the hud. OR in the cockpit screens when on 1st view:
Engines 3/8
RCS 30/50
Thrusters 20/25
Armor 10k/15k
Integrity: 60%
Also put inventory in the repair block, so I can put these missing components on it and they are restored.

1 Like

Wut? You can already rename individual boxes IF they belong to a group.

This was by far the best idea, it would be something simple to do and would help too much in the repair of the ships, especially the pieces that were destroyed, combined with the panel of the ship that shows the devices and blocks destroyed, would be perfect and very functional and never The more it would be necessary to abandon or dismantle a very damaged ship.

Also I’d like a 'Sound alert block’
A block that will play a sound alert to the player that is using the cockpit when the block is damaged/destroyed.
Right click to pick between at least 3 different sounds.

That means there will have to be a seperate process in the background running to check everything you look at and will slow down your fps a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

That is totally wrong. Try to think for a moment how the game handles all blocks.

So your saying they would be able to implement something like that without using more processing?

Should not really require any processing unless the block is actually hit. I assume that whenever a block is hit a function on that block is called. And in the case of an alert-block, it plays a sound for the client which can be just a few bits of network traffic and no performance impact when coded well.

1 Like