Fixing The Tax Problem with EGS:Stealth

My proposal deals with the problem of ecc space taxes especially for new players. I think an automatic egs:stealth:on is the most logical solution to this problem.

For example it could work something like this, after a certain amount of time your ship will go into egs:stealth:on automatically.

Remember egs:stealth:on removes your structure from the playfield and then brings it back with egs:stealth:off commend.

The benefits are less and unnecessary lag, no unwanted taxes do to a faction member leaving their ship in ecc and logging off while everyone in the faction is made to pay, no more the hassle of new players or people who are too high in debt making many tickets to get their debt fixed.

it may be too soon to tell, would need RexXxus input, but it is possible that dynamic structure loading may fix or alleviate the main issue that taxation intended to fix: overcrowded play fields.

but your proposal makes sense otherwise, the only issue I could see is that if a lot of people logged in at the same time that might cause a lot of server load if they were on the same play field (solved by dsl ?).

1 Like

Biggest issue will be that currently the EGS Stealth has a single cache of stealthed structures per player. Once you stealth a ship or group of ships, you cannot go and stealth others. In order for multiple playfields of stealthed items to be handled, this would need to turn into an array instead, which depending on how jascha coded the original behavior, may be an issue. Additionally, players would need a way to designate structures to stealth or not stealth, otherwise someone will log out and their pvp defenses go poof at the same time. Makes for a very unpleasant PVP situation when they log in for everyone involved.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Some notes

1. We implemented already a “Beginner” tax system. See here at the bottom: Taxes

2. An automatic stealth mode is technical difficult @Jascha said. But I think if done good, it might work.

3. As @mcprouty said it is in the moment not fully utilized yet. We plan to implement different Stealth Level upgrade options where you not only can increase your stashes but maybe implement that automatic stealth feature in PvE

4. It’s tricky @Jeeves. To remove taxes on the HQ planets for example it is not fixed yet with DSL alone. The main reason for Taxes is not only the structure amount but the structures player must render if they are near. If for example 50 Class 7 ships park in ECC HQ your game still crash if you fly near them. DSL does not help with that. Hence Taxes are still legit.

1 Like

You can see this “loading-effect” very well at the Supergates at Strayom Sector. Since after you moved it on EU, it’s better. But on NA the SS is still the hell. My FPS dropped down to 20-30 when if fly to the gate… Maybe it should moved there too?

1 Like