Golden Globe Patch

I like the GG surface wipe daily idea but also to increase deposits. Is it possible to make the deposits harder to find? Such as reducing the range of discovery? This would require miners to really search for them. This would encourage smaller factions to engage GG. If we are going to remove gold surface, the metoers should definately yeild more ore. Or randomly produce “veins” of ore rather than a complete surface.
If we are unable to bring a CV to GG except during “working hours” then people who have 9-5 jobs will be unfairly impacted. Instead, we could allow for a free stealth of CV in black hole for 48 hours while someone mines on gold. And then 15 minutes to land and recover miners.
Limit bases on GG to 1 class 9 and one class 2. No private.
Reverse the decision to nerf the garage ships/HVs. Let those of us who work harder to have better toys. They are very expensive and vulnerable. Over Powered just does not enter the equation when you must be so careful with them.
My opinion.

I think capping the bases at a much lower number is a good idea. I don’t necessarily think GG is that big of a problem myself. I think its the riches you get in conjunction with Garage ships that have been rebuilt that are the larger issue that stems from one group controlling each GG.

The only one I don’t really like in the poll is the boosted gold deposit amount. That’s really where the easy quick gold is and that’s on lock already by a few factions. This would just make the rich richer and the poor poorer if. We don’t need to widen the poverty gap on the server.

Thanks for the hard work Rexxus.

1 Like

Increase base to 8-9 LOL for what? you need put more toilets?

1 Like

Rexxus, I am not sure if you are aware, but currently class 1 SVs can still be built pretty tanky to sustain a decent amount of base fire in small intervals and with a pilot that knows what he is doing can pretty much snipe out a majority of the turrets on a base in 5 minutes without putting himself in much danger. It is not really that hard, we defend against these attacks pretty much every day and have to replace many of the turrets on a regular basis. Now 3-5 ppl in SVs come, that single base defense falls insanely fast.

You literally would have to have a group of ppl constantly sitting at the 1 base anytime anyone is online to actively engage any SV pilots, and I can tell you playing semi-afk ‘guard’ duty all the time is not a fun meta IMO. Until the day comes where base turrets each have 25k hp lol…

At least 2 maybe 3 bases would probably be better IMO and just get rid of private BA instead which can be abused more easily around gold deposits as harass. Also only give 3 warnings with 5 min intervals for class 2 stuff and prevent class 2 from even re-entering the planet atmosphere at all would be better.

My only problem from past patches was like only 10-20 would drop in a 3-6 hour interval or whatever it was, and then they would get mined and then there’s literally nothing left to do…not sure if drops can be made near infinite. Also if meteors only I think they should have like 3-4k ore in them IMO. Cost of an SV nowadays is way more than a stack of gold from a meteor.

1 Like

Like all terrible managers you’re both condescending and unable to take any kind of feedback. I’ll carry on playing quietly on your server and you run it as you see fit, but don’t pretend to take notice of the players you cater for with “polls and feedback”.

I totally agree with the SV combat though, so you’re planning to lower the number of HVs allowed to compensate? If so, that gets a thumbs up from me, as SV combat is where I live. But as you’ve seen, lag-bombing with HVs is a ‘thing’ now, so I doubt lowering the BA count to 1 will make the difference you seem to feel it might. Add to that the CPU requirement to render the obliterated terrain from all the gold mining and you’re back to square one.

See? Feedback! Try not to be too condescending in your response, please. My ego just can’t take it.

Sorry if you take it as “condescending”. I was just honest to you and I am sensitive to players accusing me of something or don’t have respect. That was my lesson to you.

If you think I am that kind of a terrible “manager” then yeah, better don’t waste your time. Sad but your opinion. Or even better: create your own server since I am doing crap anyways in your point of view.

Anyways the current status quo after lot of feedback here and via PM:

1. Faction BA amount set to 2.
  2. NO private BA
  3. FA SV amount set to 15
  4. NO private SV
  5. No HV change (10 FA / 0 PRIV)
  6. Gold deposit value reduced but quantity raised

Thanks for the great participation!

Hopefully this will improve your gameplay and we can have a nice X-mas event!

2 Likes

Is GG getting a full wipe still on Dec 1st?

Your tank cv lasted just under 15 minutes not that bad really. And that was much larger than the ones my guys used as tanks.

NA guys im worried, you basicly make us not use CVs as you use them as tanks. RED, SWP brings CV time to time, we did that too, but we dont tell Rexxx so hes not worried, so we are still allowed to use them as he doesnt know.

If you f. each other with CVs on planet, dont tell Rexxx. Rule no.1.
Its like in criminal. If Rexxx would ask me who shoot down my SV I would answer nobody, i was piloting to recklessly and crushed it myself :smiley:

3 Likes

GG was my home it had visitors invasions and gold. All this work is getting trashed again mid season :frowning:

Why are changes required ? because a few factions are teaming up to hold it ? the server outnumbers us 6 to 1

Thats all Colin :smiley:

1 Like

Lol i know because hes ego still has problem to chew it even if its new and better Colin :smiley: Sorry Collin, just half-joking here :smiley:

Lol we should enjoy this, its fun, such a funny group of ppl together :smiley:

3 Likes

From a fight that’s going on now, just sv’s fighting and it goes beautifully like 20 people fighting and its fine and fun then cv’s enter atmosphere and then it all goes to hell everyone dc’ing, in space is even worse… :confused: is it possible to not have any cv’s on GG to keep the combat fun.

2 Likes

IM SO GLAD SOMEBODY ELSE SAYS IT!!! Soon as the CV’s show up the play field goes to crap.

2 Likes

been fighting fine for 2 hours, last 20 minutes has been cv combat and its just perma crashing…

1 Like

Same problem we are having on GG NA with ACP using CV’s during base/ground assaults.

8 bases do just fine making lag as well, its all about turrets. The server has to send out and receive all the projectile and target info to all clients in the playfield. So frequently I have 60-40fps but its like a slide show because the server wont give enough of its bandwidth to that single playfield. This is good however as it prevents a big fight from lagging the entire server.

Its true, CVs no good, thats why they should not be used, i agree with you. I just miss that i wont be use them fully in peace situations like taking down HVs or such. Rest are just silly jokes as im a bit bored, hope you dont mind.

I just wish we can make some treaty, as all of us knows CV laggs all to hell, that we wont use them in fight and we will be able to use them as cargo/carriers, land unload and left whenewer we want.

3 Likes

Spread the gold amount over a larger number of planets - maybe the homeworld ones? A few deposits on each. Spread the PvP load.

1 Like

I love that idea but I doubt red would do a no CV treaty